Post-Game Talk: Game 67: Bear Dances In The Everglades - Claude passes Art Ross - BRUINS 5 Florida 4

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
How is finding fault with a blown 3 goal lead vs the team you are trying to catch being pessimistic? Or finding fault with a horrible stretch of hockey that is the MO of this team?

Not sure why anyone is giving you a hard time on this.

Am I thrilled that the B's snuck out a win last night? YES :handclap:

Am I thrilled we took 5 points out of 6 against CHI, WAS, and FLA? YES :handclap:

Do I think that was that a horrible display of poor puck management and scramble defense last night? YES :cry:

My question is which team is a more reasonable indication of what we can expect. The team that played so well against the Hawks? Or the team that essentially hamburgered the game last night?

If it's the former, then we are in for an exciting PO run. If it's the later, we could find ourselves on the outside looking in. Last night was just that bad.

Reading Julien's quotes this morning, he agrees with your take 100%.

Hopefully we see a much much better performance tonight.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sadly you will see most here watch the Bruins and no other hockey, then give you a hard time when they **** away a three goal lead and hand a point to a team AHEAD of them in the standings and call you unreasonable.

The Everything is Awesome LegoMovie theme song originated in these parts.

I'm far from the "everything is awesome" crowd, but I will say that I think you are wrong. If people did watch more NHL hockey, they would see that a lot of other teams blow 2-3 goal leads these days (not just Boston).

I'm not happy about it, or condoning it. Just saying that it happens, and I was glad the B's came back strong in the OT, and got the extra point.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm far from the "everything is awesome" crowd, but I will say that I think you are wrong. If people did watch more NHL hockey, they would see that a lot of other teams blow 2-3 goal leads these days (not just Boston).

I'm not happy about it, or condoning it. Just saying that it happens, and I was glad the B's came back strong in the OT, and got the extra point.

It's this team's MO, it happens too much. And yes it happens in general, but to not be pissed off about handing a team ahead of you in the standings a point is everything is awesome, IMO of course. To read "Bruins fans will whine about anything" after a game like that is kinda lame IMO.

Last edited:

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I decided last night to leave the hf board while the 2nd period action was shifting away from the Bruins.
I felt for some reason that I did not want to hear the complaining that would come about from the Bruins play in the 2nd and 3rd.
I decided to simply watch the game and and try to enjoy it without feeling compelled to complain about anything.
I was in a "strange" mood you may say....it happens and I dealt with it and actually was glad that I did so.

This team as constituted right now on offense is lead by the amazing line of Bergy,Marchy and Stempy...This line will keep on giving headaches to their opponents and Stempy has done exactly what I felt he could bring and do for this team.
He is perfect for our needs up front going forward now and doiing very well sparking good opportunities.
so glad for him that he ended up scoring that beauty in OT. extremely well placed shot and I have watched him on other teams and always felt he was somehow always under the radar as a player and what he can bring to the table.

The 4th line has shown again some very good flashes of energy injection and is a line that can skate fast along with some quantity of sandpaper too.

The Krecji line has been anemic and I certainly hope that Krecji is ailing because he seems to have absolutely no "oumff| in his game.
If he is healthy and is playing as such, well this is not a good sign.
I will still hold my reservations on his play and want to see what the scoop may be but if he and his team mates do not pick up their game to another level this team will struggle going forward and we will not be able to make any strong push in the po's.
I believe Krecji's lack luster play has made the other two wingers game fall off as well and there is no apparent chemistry which is the key when you have an excellent C man such as Krecji who has been sleep walking the last few weeks.
Pasta does have good moments but he also has his share of young learning mistakes that does come with the territory of learning.
This however, should not hinder krecji play, it should motivate him to find a way to make it all work.

Spooner line is also doing fairly well but they need to up their game more and LE needs to take the bulls by the horns and show why he deserves his pay hike when it counts most going down the stretch.

The D is where I thought it could be with the addition of JML....A little better and more stable over all by having the other D Men slotting in their more natural pairing positions.
However, it does have its momentary lapse as we have witnessed.
This is bound to still happen from time to time but I am expecting it at a lesser degree which translates to better over all D play in our D zone.

I guess what I am trying to say is we certainly need Krecji and LE to elevate their game play if this team wants to help the rest of the team to compete at a level where this team can actually achieve, it is not all that far fetched if these two players achieve their superior play while the rest of the clan is doing what they are doing.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Not sure why anyone is giving you a hard time on this.

Am I thrilled that the B's snuck out a win last night? YES :handclap:

Am I thrilled we took 5 points out of 6 against CHI, WAS, and FLA? YES :handclap:

Do I think that was that a horrible display of poor puck management and scramble defense last night? YES :cry:

My question is which team is a more reasonable indication of what we can expect. The team that played so well against the Hawks? Or the team that essentially hamburgered the game last night?

If it's the former, then we are in for an exciting PO run. If it's the later, we could find ourselves on the outside looking in. Last night was just that bad.

Reading Julien's quotes this morning, he agrees with your take 100%.

Hopefully we see a much much better performance tonight.

Difficult to say.

The best I can think of, is to see the record vs the teams currently in playoffs + wild card position. Not that it is anything amazing to use because playoff hockey is way different from regular season hockey, but there isn't anything else to use, really, IMO.

Vs East:
- Atlantic Division (TBL, FLA, DET): 6-3-0
- Metropolitan Division (WAS, NYR, NYI, PITT): 6-3-1

Vs West:
- Central Division (CHI, DAL, STL, NAS, MINN): 4-4-0
- Pacific Division (ANA, LAK, SJ): 0-3-0

This gives me the feeling that against the East, it isn't likely we get embarrassed. Vs West, especially the Pacific, much bleaker...

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think if people spent more time talking about the hockey and less time criticizing how people choose to be fans the discussion would be greater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad