Post-Game Talk: Game 67: Bear Dances In The Everglades - Claude passes Art Ross - BRUINS 5 Florida 4

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think it would be wise to insert joe morrow in tonight against the lightning, we need someone to get back quick so tuukka doesn't play the puck and can move it with some confidence. morrow was looking good prior to the TDL. we could run;

chara-mcquaid
krug-seids
morrow-liles

Transition players like Morrow Liles and Krug need to be paired with slow shut down dudes to make this work. Trots was a mistake last night.

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
I think it would be wise to insert joe morrow in tonight against the lightning, we need someone to get back quick so tuukka doesn't play the puck and can move it with some confidence. morrow was looking good prior to the TDL. we could run;

chara-mcquaid
krug-seids
morrow-liles

chara-liles
krug-seids
morrow-mcquaid

1 puck mover, 1 stay at home guy on each pair. can swap seids/mcquaid if desired.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
Probably could have won that game in regulation if rask made more decisive quicker decisions when playing the puck, pretty sure two misplays led directly to not being able to clear the zone and then goals against. he's usually not too bad, but he and the d men need to communicate better... he passed one right into trotmans feet and it ended up in the net. all in all what should have been a pile on game we could have won 6/7-1 we had to pull out what I call a "gutsy" "character" win. i'll take the 2 pts and look towards TBay tonight....

Bishop will be starting tonight so we could have our hands full.... I would expect CJ to shuffle that Krecji line a bit more to try and spark some of these guys....I'm hoping they try

March-bergy-stemp (don't ruin a good thing)
Belesky-Krecji-Connolly (cons is getting some decent looks now and if krecji can just skate and dish the puck they should get some mojo going, and belesky can keep doin his thing)
eriksson-spooner-pasta (lots of speed on this line hopefully catching lower d pairings flatfooted... should make eriksson have to hustle to keep up)
ferraro-acciari-hayes(play them more than 7mins per game)

Chara-Mcquaid
Kreg-Liles
Morrow-Seids (think trotman burned himself last night)

and Gus will probably start.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
reillysmith38;115114037[B said:
]Krejci is definitely hurt. [/B]

Its no coincidence that every year in October he plays lights out. Fresh from the off season.

His body is dinged up, hopefully he can rest it well down the stretch. We need him in the playoffs.

Then you do like Ottawa with Turris and you either shut him down for 2 weeks, or longer. Krejci's officially at the point where his replacement level would outplay him, and everyone can see it. It's actually HURTING the team. If it's a mild injury give him 4-5 games off here. Because going into the playoffs like this he's totally useless to us .

By the way, I know the media wants everyone to love ageless, adorable Jaromír Jágr.

I hate him. Always did. Back then, with the Bruins, and now. Hate him.

See ya.

He's a wonderful man. I met him Feb 5th, 2000. The night of the skills competition (the day before the 50th all star game). I happened to be at the same hotel as the all-stars (by accident), and randomly bump into Mario Lemieux without knowing he would be there. Shortly after meeting Mario (who posed for pics with us), I run into Jagr (at this point alarm bells are going off in my head). Him and I talked for maybe 15 minutes, he was such a nice guy. He'd already been in the league 10 years then and had numerous 100 pt seasons, so it's not even that he wasn't famous. He was just a really cool guy. Got some pictures of some other guys, and the 2 things I remember most beyond that are

1) Didn't find Ray Bourque.Heartbreaking

2) When Gretzky came down, he was the only one of 30+ guys who said no pictures and no autographs, no nothing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
missed this one as I was working, guy at work said "your boys got this one", I looked up at the score, then saw what period it was in and said "don`t like that lead with that much time left"

2pts the ugly way I guess

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Heres a thought....a month of regular season left, how about we ENJOY IT! quit the pissing and moaning, when hockey season ends im depressed, playoffs or not, im gonna enjoy the ride for the next month and enjoy watching the Bruins go and play hockey :)

Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This team is hard to figure out, just when you think they have turned the corner on their defensive play, you see a game like last night. The PP has to pick it up and Krejci/Erikkson are really in a funk. Hopefully they insert Morrow for Trotman tonight, need more speed on the back end against the quick TBL.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
12795322_10208005499868032_4324451948436772427_n.jpg

Well done Claude!!!! :handclap::yo:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Thorty turned that game around with the beating he laid down on McQuaid.

Lol, if that was a beating, the standard has sure dropped, the only shots he got in was when he pulled the sweater over Quaiders head and the linesmen were between them, kind of cheap actually.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They are shocking everyone.

They are the little engine that could. Ugly at times but they figure out a way to succeed.

They have heart again.

I was talking with one of my tenants who is also a big Bruins fan. We agree that keeping the team intact lifted a ton of pressure off of the team, they now know where they stand & can just concentrate on playing hockey. Plus the new guys are fitting in very well right away which is a big lift as well.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Heres a thought....a month of regular season left, how about we ENJOY IT! quit the pissing and moaning, when hockey season ends im depressed, playoffs or not, im gonna enjoy the ride for the next month and enjoy watching the Bruins go and play hockey :)

Nah.....this is the Lunatic Fringe, after all :laugh::laugh::laugh:

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
both guys on the 50pt bandwagon... not bad but certainly in the last 5 games have been a non factor... only 1g and 2a between the two of them in the last 5 games.... hoping for more from LE21 down the stretch here... let's hope he doesn't make DS regret keeping him. krecji also in a bit of a fun but it's hard to tell with him as I've never thought him to be a flashy, fast forward but still manages to get the job done, but for 7.25M i have been hoping for more.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Maybe just as inconsistent in W's & L's but I don't see many other teams in the East play a solid 1st period and then disappear for thje next 30+ minutes. I don't see many of those contenders get outshot 17-1 in key stretches. Now I'm not saying it doesn't happen as all teams have clunkers , but not with the regularity the B's do.

I'll have to take your word for it, because I don't watch every minute of every other team.

However, logically.......if the bruins play solid for 30 minutes and then disappear for the next 30 against another team in the east, then couldn't we say that that the other team disappeared for the first 30 minutes and then played solid for the last 30?

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I know Chara's known for his sportmanship etc... but when a dude like huberdeau wants to try and start something with you... drop the kid! set an example that I don't care who you are if you poke the bear you get mauled.... i get he wanted to go with Gubrandsson but Huberdeau started it and chara should have ended it.... he's getting soft in old age and letting kids push him around.... someone send him the Mccabe video and say "hey this is how it's done remember"

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Overall, they got the W...but it was disappointing seeing them struggled in that 2nd period.

I really don't like Eriksson on that third line...put him back up with DK and let's get some more consistency on our lines.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

Well there is a line IMO. I'm very happy with this team, but I also see the warts (of what I perceive them to be)

That being said, I like a bunch of hard workers and not just paycheck collectors like we had last year. Team plays hard regardless of their talent and that's all I ask.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Overall, they got the W...but it was disappointing seeing them struggled in that 2nd period.

I really don't like Eriksson on that third line...put him back up with DK and let's get some more consistency on our lines.

I'm assuming it's to send DK a message, since he's been underwhelming for a long time now. I still desperately want a Spooner line with Beleskey and Pasta. I'd put LE back with DK and throw Hayes on there and call it a day.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am personally thrilled they have earned 5 of 6 points against the top teams. While not perfect by any means, I think they can be a handful for any team in the East, except the Caps.

I know the pain that comes with the playoffs but will take that any day over not making the playoffs at all. I want Bruins hockey for as long as possible.

The Panthers were supposed to be much better than the Bruins, so I'll take these two points with glee.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I'm assuming it's to send DK a message, since he's been underwhelming for a long time now. I still desperately want a Spooner line with Beleskey and Pasta. I'd put LE back with DK and throw Hayes on there and call it a day.

Spooner, Beleskey and Pasta would be a fun line to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad