GDT: Game 66: Sharks @ Oilers 6pm PST csn-ca Kfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He's a bottom of the lineup rental player who's been on the team for literally a week and a half. I get being annoyed in the moment but whining about it for pages and pages and openly wishing for the Oilers franchise to crumble because of it...yeesh. I'd understand and join in if it was Thornton or Vlasic or Hertl or Pavelski who got sucker punched but Polak? Who cares?

So you do not care that the depth the sharks added could potentially be hurt and will hurt the sharks if he is out long time. Even being a bittom pairing player he is important to the team.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
You stand up for the name on the front of the jersey. Doesn't matter if he just got off the plane and joined the team for his first game or if this is his second week with the team. Yeah, let's alienate a new team mate; that sure will show him what kind of team he's on and really want to suit to step on the ice. What an asinine outlook that is.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I agree. And Polak would not hesitate to stand up for his team, regardless of how long he has been on it.

He just hates Polak. I highly doubt if someone ran Reimer last night, he would be saying "Oh well, Im not mad because he has only been on the team for 2 games so hes not even a real Shark yet."

Well he did say Polak deserved it for beating up Braun in the playoffs. A fight Braun started hence why Hitchcock said "you don't wanna open his door.."

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
polak has doubled the minutes of the player he replaced

Polak is being trusted to play closer to 18 minutes/game whereas DeMelo averaged just north of 12. That distribution of ice time is good for keeping the top 4 fresh.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Clearly not since Polak playing 18 to Demelos 12 gives guys like Burns, Vlasic, Braun and Martin 6 extra minutes of rest per game which adds up quickly.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
He's a bottom of the lineup rental player who's been on the team for literally a week and a half. I get being annoyed in the moment but whining about it for pages and pages and openly wishing for the Oilers franchise to crumble because of it...yeesh. I'd understand and join in if it was Thornton or Vlasic or Hertl or Pavelski who got sucker punched but Polak? Who cares?

james-harden-sideeye-gif.gif

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

If everyone stops talking about the fight would you shut up about trade deadline?

Or is whining about trades endlessly allowed in your bubble world?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I care. And so do a lot of other people on the boards.

It is called standing up for your teams players. Especially when what was done against them was just wrong.

What if Meier starts next year and gets rag-dolled 2 games into the season. You would not defend him because he has only played 2 games with us?

Being a rental or bottom of the lineup is absolutely nothing to do with it. Any people who are wishing ill on the Oilers players, is wrong as well.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm a Nurse fan but that was a cheap play. Bottom line is that we won the game in a landslide. If a last minute suckerpunch makes Oilers fans happy, good for them. They need something to be happy about I guess.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If Nurse tapped Polak and asked "Do you want to go" and ended up feeding him lunch, I don't think many Shark fans would be complaining about this being about the alleged "hit" by Polak. AND Nurse would get tons of respect for stepping up to a really strong guy like Roman.

But you can't sucker someone, you just can't.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

Who cares? This isn't about who it is specifically. A Sharks player was assaulted by an Oilers player. We stick up for the players on these boards, no matter their quality.

You would've hated the John Scott threads last year...

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Who cares? This isn't about who it is specifically. A Sharks player was assaulted by an Oilers player. We stick up for the players on these boards, no matter their quality.

You would've hated the John Scott threads last year...

He seems like a troll to me. Like 500 posts and they are all combative and inflammatory in nature.

But if not, keep on keepin on I guess.

Like really? You don't care about polak because he hasn't played much for us? I think some ppl are more worried about being right than the team playing well. He likely wants polak to get scored on every time lol

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Completely irrelevant, he is a San Jose Shark. He is just as much of a real Shark as Patrick Marleau and the players feel the same way.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If Nurse tapped Polak and asked "Do you want to go" and ended up feeding him lunch, I don't think many Shark fans would be complaining about this being about the alleged "hit" by Polak. AND Nurse would get tons of respect for stepping up to a really strong guy like Roman.

But you can't sucker someone, you just can't.

Exactly this. If Nurse had challenged Polak Thornton-Benn style, I'd have a TON of respect for him. I'm still pretty impressed at his toughness and his willingness to stand up for a teammate on a crap team in a meaningless game. But it was cheap.

I would love to see a Thornton-Nurse bout next game, in the Thornton-Benn vein. That Thornton-Benn fight is the golden standard for fights between skilled guys.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Completely irrelevant, he is a San Jose Shark. He is just as much of a real Shark as Patrick Marleau and the players feel the same way.

Lol he's clearly not, but feel free to act like he is. Everyone's entitled to their reaction to this, it's just weird to see Sharks fans SO worked up about a crappy rental player who will maybe play 25 games for us ever.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Lol he's clearly not, but feel free to act like he is. Everyone's entitled to their reaction to this, it's just weird to see Sharks fans SO worked up about a crappy rental player who will maybe play 25 games for us ever.

He clearly is. He wears a Sharks jersey on the ice. He could be an ******* on the ice to his own teammates, but he would still be a Shark.

Again, being a crappy player or a rental player has absolutely nothing to do with it. But please continue arguing that Polak is not a Shark.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
He clearly is. He wears a Sharks jersey on the ice. He could be an ******* on the ice to his own teammates, but he would still be a Shark.

Again, being a crappy player or a rental player has absolutely nothing to do with it. But please continue arguing that Polak is not a Shark.

Yes, I am aware that Roman Polak plays ice hockey for the National Hockey League's San Jose Sharks. Thanks for clarifying. That's not what I was arguing but whatever.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yes, I am aware that Roman Polak plays ice hockey for the National Hockey League's San Jose Sharks. Thanks for clarifying. That's not what I was arguing but whatever.

You are arguing about people getting so worked up because he is just a rental and he isn't even important. That pretty much comes off as you do not see him as a shark player.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
You are arguing about people getting so worked up because he is just a rental and he isn't even important. That pretty much comes off as you do not see him as a shark player.

I'm just baffled by this huge emotional reaction to a player there's no rational reason for anyone to be emotionally invested in - he's barely been on the team for two weeks and he's a bit part, not some impact acquisition. But whatever, clearly I'm alone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad