GDT: Game 66: AZ @ VAN - Wed 3/7 - 8:00 PM - FSAZ - cuz Sniper said so

Without googling, what is the stickiest substance on Earth?

• Total voters

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Got the result we deserved in the end. Dominated 90% of that game. Great defensive effort and backchecking from the forwards. Stickyboi line is just too good. Thought Panik had a really good game, too.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Tons of goals incoming.

Cousins, Hamilton, Archibald, Keller, Stepan, Kconn. Among others.:naughty:

Does posts count?

Man. There wasn't much breaks in this game.

And the poor Canuck-fans doing the wave when we had established attacks on them. That was a sad team. With sad announcers, talking about how happy they were with the pace, so they would get more sleep. (I think I always get the home-teams feed.)

A win, again! No need to be the last team in the league. Sticky-boys can do this next year without reinforcements.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
19-19-11 in our last 49.
12-7-6 in the 2018. .600 point percentage over the last 25. Over a 98 point pace in 2018!

I think we're in okay shape.

Our giant step backwards is down to one point at the 66 game mark. Someone hand Tocchet GM powers, quick.

Reactions: Yandover

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
12th in points since February 1st.

They should quit giving out the second wild-card the way they do now. There should have been a wild-card for the best team who doesn't make one of the 7 other play-offs spots for the best team in each conference based on the second half of the season only. That way you couldn't be out by Christmas.

Then they could also give out 3-2-1-0 points, instead of giving out 2-2-1-0 points. I think that system is weird. A regulation win is better than an overtime-win.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tied with the Caps at 16th (30 points) in 2018 with fewer games played than any team in front of us (including Washington). 4th in GA. Positive goal-differential.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Good game for Panik save for the dumb penalty that resulted in the Canucks goal.

Let’s screw the lottery before it screws us. The defense is fine I think. We need Svechnikov more than Dahlin. Let’s pick second.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
And now its 9-2-2. And although it may be a mirage, our starting G is hurt, we've got some tough games ahead, we finish with 8 of 10 on the road.

But for at least one shining day in March, we're not in last. Feels good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And now its 9-2-2. And although it may be a mirage, our starting G is hurt, we've got some tough games ahead, we finish with 8 of 10 on the road.

But for at least one shining day in March, we're not in last. Feels good.
We should be talking about sniffing around for a playoff spot, not celebrating not being last.

Reactions: Murf

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'm glad the team seems to be figuring it out, Guess it really did just need time to learn the system and let our players develop in it. The PP still sucks and I hope they address that. But all in all I think RT has earned his keep for now. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the off season

Reactions: Yandover

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
They matter in terms of evaluating what happened this year and how to plan going forward (Kuemper), learning from mistakes, etc.

How much they matter in terms of worrying about it happening again? Even without a contingency like Kuemper it's pretty damn unlikely. The phrase historically awful was used for a reason. That they've crawled out of historically awful territory is a victory itself.

The Coyotes spent most of this season behind the Avs 16/17 pace, the worst team since the cap era forced all the parity. That team was worse than the Sabres and Coyotes chasing down McEichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad