GDT: Game 63: Red Wings at yotes 9:00 pm et 3/8/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
It's my belief that SY is deliberately letting this team get squeezed a little right now. He knows that they're not SC ready - put the boys through the fire and see what comes out the other side, shed the poor fits and add specific pieces in the off season. In amidst all that if the team makes it into the playoffs, he'll be pleased as punch. If not, after the season they've had so far? Pleased as watered-down punch. :)

I think he does GMing a little like Scotty did coaching, I really do.
While it's incredibly frustrating to watch the inconsistency with this team, I also think you're right about everything here. Those players who can't handle the heat will get kicked out of the kitchen.

Reactions: DatsDeking

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
It's my belief that SY is deliberately letting this team get squeezed a little right now. He knows that they're not SC ready - put the boys through the fire and see what comes out the other side, shed the poor fits and add specific pieces in the off season. In amidst all that if the team makes it into the playoffs, he'll be pleased as punch. If not, after the season they've had so far? Pleased as watered-down punch. :)

I think he does GMing a little like Scotty did coaching, I really do.
I doubt it, most of these guys won’t be here in 3 years when we might be competitive.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Stop misreading what I'm writing. I said "one of us".

It will give us much needed experience, it will show Kane and potential trade targets that we are committed.

My understanding of what you're saying is you seem to think one of us will be proven right (I'm guessing you think it's you) based on what happens with the picks.

That's not how it works. With those assets Yzerman has the potential to use them to trade up in the draft, to package on a trade, and obviously to draft players. Without those picks he has fewer assets and fewer options.

Who knows how they will be used. But where the Wings are at it's still worth having those possible options over getting a winger for 20 games.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Stop misreading what I'm writing. I said "one of us".

It will give us much needed experience, it will show Kane and potential trade targets that we are committed.
Do you think Steve didn't have a chat with the team on-ice leaders before not making any moves?

Consistency is still MIA, this team can compete when they have their shit together, they need to come together, it is a process, they are not there yet.

11-7 sucks when you don't have your best 11 forwards available...

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Priority.

commando1.png

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Only problem I have with the roster management is that they don't put Husso or Larkin on IR to call up extra players. I think it is foolish to go on road trip before the trade deadline with 12 forwards. Detroit should be the CLEAR priority over Grand Rapids. It shouldn't be a balancing act, which is the vibe I am getting.
Yzerman is operating on a timeline that is wildly out of sync with fans expectations. I'm giving up on trying to figure out what this team is doing.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Yzerman is operating on a timeline that is wildly out of sync with fans expectations. I'm giving up on trying to figure out what this team is doing.
SY I don't think expected the team to do so well, being firmly in WC1 at the TDL was a reach goal, not just battling and fading for WC2, Kane has had an impulse function on the team, but with Larkin MIA, they cannot sustain it, the good news, they are better than SY figured they would be, now let's sort the wheat from the chaff...I think bringing the kids in will do wonders and we will find a way into the dance and fill some holes in the summer.

Kane is not leaving, I think he is here to help.

It is a process, have some faith.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad