GDT: Game 63: New York Rangers vs St. Louis Blues, 7:30pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The NHLPA should probably do something about these two way contract paper transactions.

Seems like wage theft having these players up with the NHL club but being paid AHL salaries.
You misunderstand the purpose behind those moves. Both Edstrom and Rempe had to be sent down on paper to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. Edstrom was actually sent down, so he'll be playing for Hartford tonight and earning his AHL salary. Rempe is still with the Rangers and will be earning his NHL salary. He may have earned his AHL salary for the 1 day he was officially sent down, but you're talking about 1 out of 192.

These are the rules. It wasn't done to cheat him out of a day's wages.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I would say it was bad if I thought it was bad. To me he is a 13th type forward who should have never been centering the 3rd line. He has 1 point in the last 10 games and he was invisible out there IMO. They are going to tinker with the lineup, particularly the bottom 6, to see which combos work. He could be in there next game. I'm not too broken up about it.
Fair enough. I just would choose Brodz in the lineup over Rempes 5 useless minutes every time. Especially because he can move up to top 9 or power play in case of injury.

Reactions: gump116

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The NHLPA should probably do something about these two way contract paper transactions.

Seems like wage theft having these players up with the NHL club but being paid AHL salaries.
What they should really be looking at is the LTIR rule. Vegas LTIRs everybody and is like 50 million over the cap. There have been shenanigans played with this rule for years. Tampa did it to perfection a few years back when everybody is miraculously healed come playoff time.

Reactions: gump116

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
What they should really be looking at is the LTIR rule. Vegas LTIRs everybody and is like 50 million over the cap. There have been shenanigans played with this rule for years. Tampa did it to perfection a few years back when everybody is miraculously healed come playoff time.
I think this is a league problem rather than a NHLPA problem. And I'm pretty sure Buttface will bring it up during the next contract negotiations.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Well, we lose 2 out of 3 after winning 10 in a row and Carolina will only be 2 points back after they beat NJD.

On paper, the East is CAR or FLA's to lose at this point in the playoffs, but I still don't trust CAR to pull it off. Probably they take the Metro, but I don't think they'll make the Cup final.

Also, why does it feel the Rangers have had four week long breaks this year when teams typically should only have one official one + All-Star?

Last edited:

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Shall I break out the 80shockeywasbuns chart again? :D
5AD60866-378E-4579-BB1A-811FB6FA4AFE.jpeg

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Need to start winning again if they want to win the Metro, no room anymore. This game tonight should be an easy win IF THEY TREAT IT LIKE A TOUGH GAME. That's all they need to do; play hard like it's against Col or Fla and it's an easy win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad