GDT: Game 63: New York Rangers vs St. Louis Blues, 7:30pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Went into the season with major questions about depth. Cuylle's performance helped for sure. Losing Wheeler and Chytil to be replaced by Roslovic and Wennberg feels like a net wash, but injuries are a problem for everyone.

I think this postseason will be about three things, and I don't think the deadline adds change any of this that much.

1) Whether this new NYR focus on defensive play (To the clear detriment of the offense) will reward them in the tight playoff games where everyone back-checks every time.

2) Which Igor we get, and if it's bad Igor if Laviolette trusts the team enough to win playoff series with Quick in net, or if he keeps riding Shesty hoping for the best.

3) The PP's ability to generate offense in big moments.

We didn't lose to the Devils on paper. We lost in a battle of adjusting tactics. Let's see how Lavi does.

Reactions: McRanger92

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I’m surprised again. I didn’t think Cuylle would start the year in NY and I didn’t think Rempe would be in the lineup after the deadline. Impressed with Laviolette’s decisions.

Looking forward to seeing Roslovic with Mika & Kreider. Wennberg with Cuylle and Kakko will be fun too.
Have lineups been posted?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I wouldn't have scratched Brod for Rempe personally especially if Rempe is only gonna play ~7 mins.
It’s Vince’s perspective. Rempe brings his specific element to the group and it’s Laviolette’s call to decide if it’s necessary or not. Otherwise if I were the coach I wouldn’t have scratched Brodzinski for Goodrow.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Edstrom is better than Rempe and Brodz but as long as Rempe doesnt play 5 min I guess it's ok

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Such a joke. Working your ass off and playing well means jack shit for this team
He didn't play well. It's why they desperately needed a replacement. He can skate well and he runs into the occasional point. That line wasn't doing much of anything and he was a big part of that. He was actually moved down to the 4th line last game and Goodrow of all people was moved up. He's good to have as a 13th type forward but that's about it.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He didn't play well. It's why they desperately needed a replacement. He can skate well and he runs into the occasional point. That line wasn't doing much of anything and he was a big part of that. He was actually moved down to the 4th line last game and Goodrow of all people was moved up. He's good to have as a 13th type forward but that's about it.
He’s doing a lot more than getting the occasional point. His defensive impact has been awesome and he is tied with Laf for 4th on the team in 5v5 point rate despite playing 100 minutes with Bonino. For him to be out of the lineup altogether for Rempe and Goodrow is wild. It’s ok to just say a decision the team made is bad.

Reactions: Larrybiv and Lua

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He’s doing a lot more than getting the occasional point. His defensive impact has been awesome and he is tied with Laf for 4th on the team in 5v5 point rate despite playing 100 minutes with Bonino. For him to be out of the lineup altogether for Rempe and Goodrow is wild. It’s ok to just say a decision the team made is bad.
I would say it was bad if I thought it was bad. To me he is a 13th type forward who should have never been centering the 3rd line. He has 1 point in the last 10 games and he was invisible out there IMO. They are going to tinker with the lineup, particularly the bottom 6, to see which combos work. He could be in there next game. I'm not too broken up about it.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad