GDT: Game 63 - Edmonton Oilers @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, March 4th, 2023 - 6:00pm CST - CBC/CITY - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
You still have plenty of time to get your guesses into the Prediction Contest thread. Even if you haven't done it before, it is easy and you are welcome to give it a try. Just pick the team that you think will win the game, then pick the correct score of the game and finally, pick the player you think will score the first goal. That's it, it's that easy, and you are in it to win it, like @cbcwpg who got all three correct last game and earned the trifecta of eight points! Good luck to you all. Oilers fans are welcome, but discouraged to pick Edmonton to win...:sarcasm:

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Thread now live as requested
Thank you @Gee Wally, it is much appreciated!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’ll always be a fan of the Jets but at this point it’s embarrassing to be a fan. At this point I’m just hoping they don’t embarrass themselves
I'll never be embarrassed to be a Jets fan and i'm not giving up on them with basically a quarter of the season still left to play. GO JETS GO!!!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Unfortunately I think the Oilers let the foot off the gas in the 3rd. Don’t know if you can credit the Jets for fighting back much when it got to 5-0 in the 3rd before they did anything.

Hopefully I’m wrong and they come out guns a-blazing and don’t let the Oilers get into the game tonight

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Thank you @macmaroon you are the man!

I’ll be in Brandon likely will miss it live. That might be a good thing! Lol
I'll miss most of it. Well intentioned friends are bullying me into a night of clubbing. They've even found a sausage casing and heels for me to wear. Oh, joy!

Considering that we "won" the third period last night, a Jets' victory is not impossible. It does mean mustering more enthusiasm than before, putting more shots on net and less giveaway passes to the Oilers, and defusing both McDavid and Draisital. Can the Jets do that? They could last November or December, so it could happen again tonight.

Then again, who am I kidding? I'm more likely to have fun tonight than the Jets will. But we can always hope.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
I'll never be embarrassed to be a Jets fan and i'm not giving up on them with basically a quarter of the season still left to play. GO JETS GO!!!

I'm sorry that you project how a bunch of strangers play a game on yourself.

I will always be a proud Jets fan

Go Jets Go!!!
I didn’t say I was giving up on them. I’m just embarrassed by their current state of play. I would like to see some improved effort and play before I become convinced they can turn it around.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I just wonder if the boo birds come out tonight if this team lays another egg. With Nashville having their next 7 games against Chicago, Vancouver, Arizona, L.A., Anaheim on the road, and then Detroit and Chicago at home, I think there is a decent chance the Preds-Jets game in 2 weeks could be for a playoff position.

Reactions: Inanna

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'll miss most of it. Well intentioned friends are bullying me into a night of clubbing. They've even found a sausage casing and heels for me to wear. Oh, joy!

Considering that we "won" the third period last night, a Jets' victory is not impossible. It does mean mustering more enthusiasm than before, putting more shots on net and less giveaway passes to the Oilers, and defusing both McDavid and Draisital. Can the Jets do that? They could last November or December, so it could happen again tonight.

Then again, who am I kidding? I'm more likely to have fun tonight than the Jets will. But we can always hope.
:laugh:

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I just wonder if the boo birds come out tonight if this team lays another egg. With Nashville having their next 7 games against Chicago, Vancouver, Arizona, L.A., Anaheim on the road, and then Detroit and Chicago at home, I think there is a decent chance the Preds-Jets game in 2 weeks could be for a playoff position.
The boo birds have been out for the last 2 weeks. If they come out slow youll hear them in the first period.

Reactions: voyageur

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Obviously they will. The question is will anything more dramatic happen.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The team needs to get back to the basics that led to them being 1st in the conference.

1) Fix the powerplay
2) Whatever happened to the relentless forecheck? D zone exits have never been so easy for other teams
3) Find a way to score a GOAL!
Relentless forcheck takes effort. This team has shown time and time again that they cant maintain that effort. It has been talked about ad nauseum, this is a fragile group.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad