GDT: Game 61: Red Wings vs cats 3:00 pm et 3/2/24 (ESPN+, ABC)

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
joaquin-phoenix-gladiator.gif

Reactions: Ulysses31

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Philly is faltering and probably won't make it, which means one of the current non-metro teams will overtake them. That would mean three teams will have to get on some kind of a roll to overtake the Wings.
Or the Wings go on a losing streak they don't have much of a lead. In 2 of their next 2 games they play Colorado and Vegas on the road.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
then we will get injuries. I say take runs at their goalie and saw as long as you do blah we will do this.
I’m talking the little cross checks and subtle stuff. Obviously need to play hard and physical between whistles. They thrive off getting a reaction and getting into scrums. They get teams off their game because that’s the way they wanna play. Don’t react and see how they react off that

Reactions: 14ari13

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Or the Wings go on a losing streak they don't have much of a lead. In 2 of their next 2 games they play Colorado and Vegas on the road.

They are 7-8 pts ahead of the non-playoff teams that would have to catch them, and they are ahead of TB too. The playoffs are pretty much a lock unless something disastrous happens.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Yeah this puts numbers to why I'm starting to hate Florida so much. Probably the team I hate seeing the most at this point.
Today's game was a real weenie-shrinker, to be sure. This was my first viewing of Florida this year and I can say they are a very easy team to hate. They're the sports embodiment of a person you just want to slap in the face on sight.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Just watched the replay. Ouch. The Wings were outclassed but still in it 'til 3-0. I liked the playoff game feel, and I liked the grit they showed. I would've liked a couple of those posts to go in, that's all.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
They are 6 points ahead of the Islanders and they have a game in hand. So no it isn't a lock at all.

If the Isles get hot they will probably move ahead of Philly for third in the Metro. Which would then mean two other teams would have to also pass the Wings for a wildcard.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Good to have this happen now while there’s still some time for Yzerman and the pro scouts to possibly make some changes to the roster.

Boys got a good taste of what playoff hockey is like.
It's going to take more than one or two rentals to change the make up of this team. Frankly we wont be able to compete in a playoff setting until kasper and danielson come up into the fold and we can match a physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad