GDT: Game 61: Red Wings vs cats 3:00 pm et 3/2/24 (ESPN+, ABC)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
honestly the best strategy against Florida May just be to not even react to any of the shit they do. Especially tkathuk, Bennett and cousins. They thrive off getting a reaction and creating scrums.

Reactions: 14ari13 and RRhoads

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I’m not sure I’m looking forward to the playoffs if we meet Florida. Imagine 4 more of these games.
Having memories of a series like that stewing in your head all off season might motivate some to alter their game for the playoffs. Only good I could possibly see in that.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Good thing we have a bit of a points cushion for the playoffs, are going to need it.

Can't feel too good about our chances Wed or next Saturday. Must beat Arizona Friday night.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Good thing we have a bit of a points cushion for the playoffs, are going to need it.

Can't feel too good about our chances Wed or next Saturday. Must beat Arizona Friday night.

Next stretch is key I think. 4 games against Arizona and Buffalo. Should be wins, but not gimmies. Beat those teams like they should and things will be fine.

Don't and ... well let's not think about that.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Hope that brings back some humble pie to the menu. We started getting ahead of ourselves, already theorizing about rd1. The fat lady doesn't sing yet, final chapter ain't written, the fish is not yet sucked...^^
Like I mentioned many times you cannot afford long losing streaks this time of year. We need to nip it bud quickly. We are nowhere near clinching a playoff spot. Try to get least four points on the road trip. We now have 8 home games and 13 on the road. 96-98 points will likely get us in. If we play at least 500 on the road and is a big if we should be ok. Keep the fingers crossed.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
They get baited in to every little scrum. Got to be more disciplined.
That’s where I think we need to learn from this. Still be physical but don’t get into the BS. Florida thrives on there being a scrum after every whistle. Skate away it will piss them off. Take the extra shot and be disciplined enough to leave it. Puts refs in a big time bind as they have no reason to give us any sort of matching penalties to even it up

I feel good against Arizona and Vegas tbh. I’m not overly impressed with Vegas. If we can beat Colorado we will be feeling good. Just win 2 out of 3 next week and we are fine as schedule starts to soften up.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
OK Yzerman, what's next ? I don't think they play badly, just against better opponent. Most important they didn't create anything dangerous , especially in the end of the game.
Kostin is not solution, too slow,
Edvinsson maybe. I expected more from Rasmussen

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
OK Yzerman, what's next ? I don't think they play badly, just against better opponent. Most important they didn't create anything dangerous , especially in the end of the game.
Kostin is not solution, too slow,
Edvinsson maybe. I expected more from Rasmussen
Could use Ed size and poise with the puck. D seems to always panic against a good forechecking team.

Reactions: lilidk

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
You should look at Detroit's remaining schedule they have a lot of road games against good teams. A playoff spot is nowhere near guaranteed

Philly is faltering and probably won't make it, which means one of the current non-metro teams will overtake them. That would mean three teams will have to get on some kind of a roll to overtake the Wings.

Reactions: 14ari13

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone hear what happened to Larkin? Or did they just shut him down for the night?

Could see holl in on wed vs col for Petry

Reactions: lilidk

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
So Florida can get a Red Wing in a headlock and Florida gets a powerplay. tkachuk punched a Wing in the back of the head and the Panthers got a play.

Reactions: 14ari13

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
So Florida can get a Red Wing in a headlock and Florida gets a powerplay. tkachuk punched a Wing in the back of the head and the Panthers got a play.
Yep you basically have to not even engage with them. That will throw them off

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3