GDT: Game 60: Columbus at New York Rangers | 2/26 5PM

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Awesome!!

5 days off - get rested up.

6 periods of hockey on a back to back.

12 goals for - 2 goals against and 2 wins.

This team is ready for the stretch run.

- 2nd of 16 straight

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Goal differential is back up to +54 where it was during the streak....

Korpisalo looks good for Backup and Bob is sharp....

Looking good, I'd like to see a forward picked up before the TDL for some extra scoring punch... I did want a Defenseman too but JJ is looking better...

Best to go for scoring if possible..

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Murray and Nuti were absolutely terrible tonight. Murray should be scratched on Tuesday.

Jackets play a fine game and get an excellent road win, even outscoring the Rangers in the 3rd for the first time in awhile, and that is your comment?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jackets play a fine game and get an excellent road win, even outscoring the Rangers in the 3rd for the first time in awhile, and that is your comment?

Debbie downer..... The CBJ played well in the Garden tonight.....

The Rangers tried to win it in the first and second with their stretch passing but the Jackets clogged them up to point where they gave up...

Great win...

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Murray and Nuti were absolutely terrible tonight. Murray should be scratched on Tuesday.

It looks to me as if Savard and Nuti are really important to this team.When the "normal" defensive pairings are on the ice, the Jackets play like they have for a lot of this season. When they have missed either of these two and had to go to the bench they've been a .500 team. I hope they can find a solid puck moving rental or two before the deadline.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I made positive comments during the game. Torts and Bob were noticeably upset at the goal. If Torts mentions it early in his PC, then it's pretty significant. It was almost a 60 minute game, Murray just forgot to play the last second.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Candidly, I don't think we need ANYTHING at the trade deadline. A top six center would be nice, but the price would be steeper than I'd care to pay. We're not one player away from winning the Cup. We're one or two years of developing the guys we already have from winning the Cup.

DEAR GAWD! Did those words REALLY just fall out of my mouth?!?

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Candidly, I don't think we need ANYTHING at the trade deadline. A top six center would be nice, but the price would be steeper than I'd care to pay. We're not one player away from winning the Cup. We're one or two years of developing the guys we already have from winning the Cup.

DEAR GAWD! Did those words REALLY just fall out of my mouth?!?

All these years later, I agree with Doug, that I would not trade our roster for the Red Wings'.:)

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
I made positive comments during the game. Torts and Bob were noticeably upset at the goal. If Torts mentions it early in his PC, then it's pretty significant. It was almost a 60 minute game, Murray just forgot to play the last second.

If you watch the replay of the Rangers last goal you will see that Murray was covering 1 Ranger in front to the right of Bob. When the 2nd Ranger showed up to put the puck in the net to Bob's left and Murray almost got a piece of it.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
If you watch the replay of the Rangers last goal you will see that Murray was covering 1 Ranger in front to the right of Bob. When the 2nd Ranger showed up to put the puck in the net to Bob's left and Murray almost got a piece of it.

And if we look even closer, we'll see that there was two tenths of a second left in a game where we led 5-1.

I don't think we need to be losing sleep over this one.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Another outstanding game. :amazed:

The broken clock was right today, because Murray really did stink. It has nothing to do with the last goal - he got hemmed in all night. I hope we have someone continously working with Murray on his skating because he's terrible at that speed.

One or more of these things went wrong with his skating:
He put on too much muscle
He did long term damage with one of those injuries
He's wearing too much protective gear that's restricting his play.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My question is this....

If PLDs season ends early enough can we call him up for the playoffs? (if we're still playing)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad