GDT: Game 6 CGY@DET(5pm), FIRE WITH FIRE

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I can't remember when an offense was so potent and yet so hungry to never let up.

Seattle is up next. Unless the over/under is double digits, the over looks pretty good.

Seattle is low key doodoo this year as well. But they’re going to put up a big challenge as they try to get out of the gutter.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
He's still playing non contact hockey, and trying to win puck battles by reaching with his stick. When he gave away the puck he went chasing after it like a Mite. Was not a good game for him.
Yeah... can't say I keyed in enough to what he was doing the rest of the game to want to argue that point. Was having too much fun and too much rye.
I do hope he figures things out though, because he does have some gifts.
Seems like he was less shy before getting shouldered in the head that one game. Can't remember when that was

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Yeah, I heard that on the broadcast.

But yeah... while we outlasted Ottawa (got outshot by a bunch, but we were able to finish and they didn't), we came back home and dominated. It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this, if this continues.
My apologies. For some reason I thought this game was in Calgary.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Seattle is low key doodoo this year as well. But they’re going to put up a big challenge as they try to get out of the gutter.
I'm really curious to see how we match up against the Kraken. If they have note changed tooo much, that is one seriously quick team. If we can keep up and win, that will add up to a pretty wide range of strengths and styles from the opposition.

Reactions: dj4aces

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm really curious to see how we match up against the Kraken. If they have note changed tooo much, that is one seriously quick team. If we can keep up and win, that will add up to a pretty wide range of strengths and styles from the opposition.

They lost defensive and scoring depth to give Dunn a huge contract. Goaltending has never been great here in Seattle but now it’s downright problematic.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Its been awesome watching him become the playmaker he was always intended to be.
The scrubs still calling him a bum 3C on a contender who doesnt deserve captaincy are awfully quiet lately.

I have never believed he was anything less than at least a Top 15-25 center in the league. He has never played in his career with a regular scoring linemate or linemates and still had near ppg seasons while playing respectable defence. Only thing that ever bothered me about Larkin is his tendency to dive or be looking for easy calls, which I am sad to say has been pretty prevalent so far. I wish he would stop that.

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
Screenshot_20231022-210001~2.png

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That last(?) PP I noticed that all the rest of the guys seemed very comfortable returning the puck to Burgers to let him figure out where to dish it. Not sure if the staff feel the same way, but his team-mates seem to think he's got the play-maker goods.
Did not notice him much over the early course of the game, and that was probably where and how much he got played. I still think when he sorts out issues, he'll add a needed dimension.
It was Fischer, Chiarot Maatta, Czarnik and Walman out there with him at the end though, he's the most offensive player that was out there.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They lost defensive and scoring depth to give Dunn a huge contract. Goaltending has never been great here in Seattle but now it’s downright problematic.
Scoring dried up, Beniers only has one assist through 6 games, -8 (ouch). They have prospects on both ends of the ice, depth isn't the issue. Goaltending for sure though, especially because they're not scoring. Last year they outscored their mistakes. Not so much this year.

Seattle still has a habit of allowing 3 on 2s, DBoss and DCat will have a field day if they do that against the Wings.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

"Cat’s hockey sense is off the charts,” Larkin said. “Everyone knows he can score, but it is how he finds space and how he finds pockets. It honestly took a little bit to get used to playing with a player who is looking for spots where most guys can’t score."

"DeBrincat set a franchise (record) by scoring eight goals in his first six games with the club."

• Love
Reactions: Gniwder
Oct 18, 2006
Joe Veleno making me look good with his avatar. I’ve always had faith, and I guess that’s why it’s been so frustrating seeing him play so passive and unimaginative. He does have real skill and real talent, it was buried deep below the surface but it’s being seen now. He’s playing outstanding hockey, both ends. He’s actually making plays and taking on defences rather than just playing safe, boring hockey. What a difference it’s making to the lineup too.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Joe Veleno making me look good with his avatar. I’ve always had faith, and I guess that’s why it’s been so frustrating seeing him play so passive and unimaginative. He does have real skill and real talent, it was buried deep below the surface but it’s being seen now. He’s playing outstanding hockey, both ends. He’s actually making plays and taking on defences rather than just playing safe, boring hockey. What a difference it’s making to the lineup too.
We have seen some flashes of it, but this sesson it seems he has taken a couple of steps. I don't think he will stay on the fourth line if he keeps playing lile this. Reminds me Rasmussen last year

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He's been a pleasant surprise so far for sure. I was never really down on the guy (other than his idiotic skate stomp) but I also never thought he'd amount to anything valuable in the NHL. I thought he had peaked. I'll happily be wrong on that front!

Reactions: jkutswings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

"Cat’s hockey sense is off the charts,” Larkin said. “Everyone knows he can score, but it is how he finds space and how he finds pockets. It honestly took a little bit to get used to playing with a player who is looking for spots where most guys can’t score."

"DeBrincat set a franchise (record) by scoring eight goals in his first six games with the club."

If DBoss is just starting to figure out DCat, imagine what they'll look like after they get more ice time together. Right now DBoss has to look to pass, once they get on the same page, those passes will be no look passes.

He's been a pleasant surprise so far for sure. I was never really down on the guy (other than his idiotic skate stomp) but I also never thought he'd amount to anything valuable in the NHL. I thought he had peaked. I'll happily be wrong on that front!

That stomp made me really question his hockey IQ, it was dumber than anything Brendan Smith or Bowey ever did. (We're talking about a player that took a penalty from the bench and another that took a penalty from the box.)

We all know he has the tools, he's shown that before. His career SH% is basically the same as Larkin. Let's hope Lalonde can help him find a toolbox, not the cardboard box that Blash gave him, in the form of Gagner.

Too much positivity. He had to take shade under his bridge.

He'll be back if DBoss or DCat get injured. The team is deeper, but not deep enough to win without the top line. Most teams are like that though. At least this team could deal with injuries on the defensive end. People here can hate on Petry, but he's the best 7th D in the league, and Ed has to be the best 8th D ever, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad