GDT: Game 6 CGY@DET(5pm), FIRE WITH FIRE

Well, well, well, boys.

There’s sweaty palms, nervous pacing and lotta people gripping the arms of their chairs in the Atlantic Division. Cause the Wings are a player and as of now, though maybe just temporarily, find themselves atop of the Eastern Conference.

1C06ECFB-5AC9-463F-A457-CA3D7A5EFBC9.jpeg

Our Red Hot Wings, coming off of a redemption game in Ottawa, have a short turnaround and take on another team from up north. The Calgary Flames, who have one more day of rest, have stumbled and tumbled outta the gate but have a solid roster. But this team can spite and rebuke the flames.

8993C3D7-06FE-4F69-816E-1E392BC5A4C0.gif

I‘m old enough to remember the glory days when opponents usually were sent packing outplayed and empty-handed from Joe Louis Arena. Those times need to come back at LCA and thus far the home record says 2-0. That needs to continue so that opponents feel sick before turning up at LCA and think:

E1FADD57-B913-422A-8365-2126C880732B.jpeg

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Hope the back to back and tough game today doesn't haunt them. The Flames were one of only 2 teams who didn't play today so they'll be rested.

That said, the Flames are a mess in so many ways, and this is a very winnable game if the Wings play the way we know they can.

I want to see Larkin continue his dominance, Reimer to have a strong 2nd game, and the PP to keep the heavy lifting going.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
A back to back after a big win today. Hopefully the Wings come out flying from the confidence rather than the an emotional letdown.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I highly expect us to win 3-1.

We will go up early and fast with a quick goal in the first 5 minutes or so. Start playing 1-1-3 quicker than normal since it is a B2B. We'll score the second goal to go up 2-0, then they will score right before the end of the 2nd period.

End the game with an empty netter (I'll call it with Raymond).

If it isn't going to be a close game, then we win 4-1 rather convincingly and go up early. They lost one of their best defenseman in Andersson for 4 games (this is the first he misses) and that'll throw them for a loop.

Side note: our powerplay is reminiscent of 2008-2009. Not the player caliber, but the actual passing, looking for strong lanes, movement without the puck, and efficiency. JT Compher has been an absolute amazing addition so far and his pass to Raymond against OTT was absolutely perfect. Just hate that Raymond couldn't bury it.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
It's a very long season. But at minimum Detroit has arrived as a team that can compete with anybody.

Hell to the yeah.
Yeah look who we've beaten so far? Teams we couldn't just a few years ago and for so long.

Are we back to 12 forwards again with Berggren in?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Tkachuck for 2 straight days , bit much, but we know what to do with them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad