GDT: Game 6 CGY@DET(5pm), FIRE WITH FIRE

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
giphy.gif
No, ELITE!

(It's funny how nobody actually uses the word when the team is actually playing at an elite level with the #1 scorer in the league, lol)

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I guess Calgary is a little tired also. Somebody said three games in four nights.
Yeah, I heard that on the broadcast.

But yeah... while we outlasted Ottawa (got outshot by a bunch, but we were able to finish and they didn't), we came back home and dominated. It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this, if this continues.

Reactions: HoweFan

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We are better without Petry. Who is dumb enough to take him?
$2.3M 7th D isn't really that big of an issue. $1M more than usual but having injury insurance on both sides (Petry right, Ed on the left) is gonna be huge down the stretch.

Plus the team still has $3.5M cap space for Kane.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, I heard that on the broadcast.

But yeah... while we outlasted Ottawa (got outshot by a bunch, but we were able to finish and they didn't), we came back home and dominated. It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this, if this continues.

They outshot but their shots were low percentage. Detroit does a better job at waiting for high percentage chances.

EDIT: Detroit outlasted Ottawa in the 1st but outplayed them the rest of the way.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond would never work too small
To be fair, Raymond gained 12 pounds over the summer. I was more open to the idea after I heard he bulked up. Even then, he's the passenger on the line. I think pretty much anyone would look good playing with DBoss and DCat, they are absolutely en fuego.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
To be fair, Raymond gained 12 pounds over the summer. I was more open to the idea after I heard he bulked up. Even then, he's the passenger on the line. I think pretty much anyone would look good playing with DBoss and DCat, they are absolutely en fuego.
He may be 'the other guy' with those two playing the way they are, but I for one think he is helping that line work, not just an empty space. I hope to see him break out some the moment the other guys gamble on ignoring him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He may be 'the other guy' with those two playing the way they are, but I for one think he is helping that line work, not just an empty space. I hope to see him break out some the moment the other guys gamble on ignoring him.

And that may be the confidence booster Raymond needs. Calgary centers were keyed in on Larkin and it was Raymond springing DBC.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
They outshot but their shots were low percentage. Detroit does a better job at waiting for high percentage chances.

EDIT: Detroit outlasted Ottawa in the 1st but outplayed them the rest of the way.
For sure. Point was though, we still faced a lot of shots yesterday, made it look easy, then came back home and dominated on the back half. Impressive wins, all around.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
That last(?) PP I noticed that all the rest of the guys seemed very comfortable returning the puck to Burgers to let him figure out where to dish it. Not sure if the staff feel the same way, but his team-mates seem to think he's got the play-maker goods.
Did not notice him much over the early course of the game, and that was probably where and how much he got played. I still think when he sorts out issues, he'll add a needed dimension.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And that may be the confidence booster Raymond needs. Calgary centers were keyed in on Larkin and it was Raymond springing DBC.
Well centers usually key in on the other center, especially the 1C.

Anyways, you know the team is pretty solid when the only complaining is about a defenseman that didn't even play, lol.

I'd like to see Copp bumped back down to 3C, and Veleno to 4C with Burger on his wing. That would give Joey even more favorable matchups, and the team can roll 4 lines instead of 3. DCat isn't gonna get a hat trick every game.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
For sure. Point was though, we still faced a lot of shots yesterday, made it look easy, then came back home and dominated on the back half. Impressive wins, all around.
Composure really is better this season. I had some bad flashbacks seeing bad sloppy plays, but we don't seem to be losing our 5#!+ for half a period after a couple of bad shifts. This season we have been able to bend, take a breath, and regain momentum where last season it would have reached critical mass implosion.

Reactions: dj4aces

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That last(?) PP I noticed that all the rest of the guys seemed very comfortable returning the puck to Burgers to let him figure out where to dish it. Not sure if the staff feel the same way, but his team-mates seem to think he's got the play-maker goods.
Did not notice him much over the early course of the game, and that was probably where and how much he got played. I still think when he sorts out issues, he'll add a needed dimension.
He's still playing non contact hockey, and trying to win puck battles by reaching with his stick. When he gave away the puck he went chasing after it like a Mite. Was not a good game for him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I can't remember when an offense was so potent and yet so hungry to never let up.

Seattle is up next. Unless the over/under is double digits, the over looks pretty good.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
My dad used to talk about "happy" teams... this team looks really happy right now. Happier than I've seen them in years.
It's easy to be happy when you're scoring goals and winning. The true test will be the first slump. I highly doubt we're going wire to wire just yet. Soon tho...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad