GDT: Game 59: Red Wings vs caps 7:00 pm et 2/27/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Great game. A few defensive lapses. Maatta had a forgettable game. Otherwise, we dictated play and clicked. We clicked. It feels good.

I loved the Fabbri goal. I think it surprised him and the puck basically bounced off his stick. He just stood there for a second like "what?"

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know Mick is our favorite drunk uncle but in these post games he's always so aware of where other teams at in terms of win or losing streaks, standings, etc. He clearly still loves the game and keeps an eye on the whole league, not just the Wings

View attachment 826375
2 Germans on the same team and we finally going to get our number one center

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I know Mick is our favorite drunk uncle but in these post games he's always so aware of where other teams at in terms of win or losing streaks, standings, etc. He clearly still loves the game and keeps an eye on the whole league, not just the Wings

View attachment 826375
This is why we love him. His casual, but precise mannerisms, are the backbone of the Wings broadcasts.

I completely agree...we need to make Hanifin happen...please
I heard from Friedman's podcast that the Wings are in the mix for a gritty Dman, something they do not have currently. Probably takes Hannifin off the board.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's drawing a line from partying after the party might be over and the way the Wings kept running up the score tonight.

I'm fluent in Keatsish.
I believe the proper term is Keatingese.

So there’s no way we’re not buyers right?
Just because the team isn't selling doesn't mean it's buying. Stevie probably just goes with the current roster unless there's a good hockey trade. I highly doubt he trades for a rental, other than for injury insurance.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
No main topic creations. Be chill.

838f05382634defe3e055de0889df2c1559b8c2f.gif
@Henkka really pushing it

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
We're watching Raymond become a truly significant player. Doesn't matter who he plays with, he just keeps piling up good shift after good shift, in all parts of the ice. It's a beautiful thing to see him blossom this season.
some of those passes he is starting to make is a direct result from signing kane.

That was the main reason I kept saying I wanted kane because we got a 21 year old superstar in the making and if you take a ridiculously sick superstar and they gel with a student/teacher relationship, raymond just might be one of the best swedish players of all time. Could be top 10 if he keeps going the way he's going.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
some of those passes he is starting to make is a direct result from signing kane.

That was the main reason I kept saying I wanted kane because we got a 21 year old superstar in the making and if you take a ridiculously sick superstar and they gel with a student/teacher relationship, raymond just might be one of the best swedish players of all time. Could be top 10 if he keeps going the way he's going.

Huh?

Ray hasn't played with Kane that much. I think Compher has a bigger impact on Ray's play, they've had chemistry all season when they play together. He's also willing to hold the puck longer because he gained some mass.

Yet there's at least one idiot who keeps telling me size and strength don't matter, lol. I'm glad Ray is smarter than the fan base.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Huh?

Ray hasn't played with Kane that much. I think Compher has a bigger impact on Ray's play, they've had chemistry all season when they play together. He's also willing to hold the puck longer because he gained some mass.

Yet there's at least one idiot who keeps telling me size and strength don't matter, lol. I'm glad Ray is smarter than the fan base.
they've practiced together multiple times. Just because they are not playing with each other doesn't mean raymond isn't learning from kane. I don't want them playing together either because kane needs a pure shooter on the other side and raymond isn't that yet.

The whole point of wanting kane in my view, other than the obvious, was to mentor young players like raymond. Raymond is pretty smart, so he is going to watch kane play and try to play in a similar way since they play the same side on the wing and both have pretty good hockey iq. He is also holding the puck longer because he is learning the patience that kane shows. Yes the mass definitely helps, but you cannot sit here and tell me that Kane is not making a very large impact on a player like raymond.

This is one of the reasons why i wish berggren was up because he already has the passing skill and potential patience and being up in the nhl to practice, listen, and watch kane play would be crazy how good berggren could be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad