GDT: Game 59: Red Wings vs caps 7:00 pm et 2/27/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Do you believe Lyon is worse than Crawford or Matt Murray?

Crawford? absolutely that guy is super underrated he was a pretty good Goalie till his career got derailed by injury

Murray? I don't know how I feel about him to be honest with how much he fell off after his first few years

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I know Mick is our favorite drunk uncle but in these post games he's always so aware of where other teams at in terms of win or losing streaks, standings, etc. He clearly still loves the game and keeps an eye on the whole league, not just the Wings

Got prepared for trade with Edmonton

giphy.gif

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I know Mick is our favorite drunk uncle but in these post games he's always so aware of where other teams at in terms of win or losing streaks, standings, etc. He clearly still loves the game and keeps an eye on the whole league, not just the Wings
Murph is more the drunk uncle. Mick is just Unc, OG. Certified.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I've said it a few times in the last few weeks: I would not want to face this team in the first round. The only real weakness this team has right now (which Edmonton and Vancouver exploited the shit out of) is that a team with home ice can take advantage of our defense. If Yzerman is able to trade for a steady guy on the second pair that weakness goes away.

Carolina is the only team in the East I would hate to see in the first round.

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
I've said it a few times in the last few weeks: I would not want to face this team in the first round. The only real weakness this team has right now (which Edmonton and Vancouver exploited the shit out of) is that a team with home ice can take advantage of our defense. If Yzerman is able to trade for a steady guy on the second pair that weakness goes away.

I really want to play Toronto first round :towel:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Damn guess I'll have to catch the replay, ordered wings tonight and passed out until third period with about 5 minutes left. Good job boys keep it going.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I really want to play Toronto first round :towel:
Of all the teams in the East I think Toronto would be the best matchup. This team doesn't quit and can pound away on all four lines. Toronto is pretty top heavy and isn't exactly known for their grit in the playoffs.

Carolina, though, could well be a 4-and-out. That team is the perfect foil for the Wings.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Of all the teams in the East I think Toronto would be the best matchup. This team doesn't quit and can pound away on all four lines. Toronto is pretty top heavy and isn't exactly known for their grit in the playoffs.

Carolina, though, could well be a 4-and-out. That team is the perfect foil for the Wings.
Not sure how that would happen. They would have to overtake FLA and BOS. I think it is more likely that we pass TOR in the race tbh

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Not sure how that would happen. They would have to overtake FLA and BOS. I think it is more likely that we pass TOR in the race tbh
Mostly just spitballing matchups, I don't think we could really get Carolina or Toronto in the first round. Far more likely we lock up WC1 and end up facing Florida or the Rangers.

Reactions: RRhoads

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Mostly just spitballing matchups, I don't think we could really get Carolina or Toronto in the first round. Far more likely we lock up WC1 and end up facing Florida or the Rangers.
I think I would take the Rangers, and hopefully Phi and Car grind it out over a 7 game series.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

I completely agree...we need to make Hanifin happen...please

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca