GDT: Game #59 - Penguins@Oilers - 7PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
It wouldn’t surprise me the least bit if Crosby goes to Montreal at end of his contract next year. Pittsburgh might be better off trading and get what they can in picks. It’s rebuild time. Crosby was a big Habs fan growing up. His father was drafted by then
Yes trade me to a worse team so I can miss the playoffs there instead makes sense

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It wouldn’t surprise me the least bit if Crosby goes to Montreal at end of his contract next year. Pittsburgh might be better off trading and get what they can in picks. It’s rebuild time. Crosby was a big Habs fan growing up. His father was drafted by then
Pens don't seem to trade their heros. Which is probably right for that market. Seems like the lineage between Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby they keep these guys close at hand and works to the fanbase. When they retired Jagr jersey couple weeks ago such a big deal there. I doubt Crosby goes anywhere.

That snow sounds crazy out there, be safe bros. In the bigger picture it’s good, we need that snow.
I'm trying to understand this post. ;)

What is the snow saying?

hehe

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
That’s too. Bad, I feel for you and your daughter losing that chance for a road trip and game.

Stay safe people if you are driving. My son back in the Turtle Lake area says the snowfall is incredible. He’s trying to snow blow but there’s just so much. He sent me photos of area hiways, wow!
I'm old.:laugh:
My daughter lives in Edmonton & is still going to the game.

Reactions: brentashton

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Either you want a team where McDavid and Draisaitl win all the awards or you want a team that is dedicated and ready to play two-way defensive hockey in the playoffs, this can win you a championship.

I don't think you can have both. Every player has to sell out to a particular style of hockey and not deviate from it if you want a Stanley Cup in Edmonton, and that takes a lot of repetitions and practice to get there.

This brand of hockey isn't conductive to a single player, or two players on a line, leading the league in scoring. We are running out of runway.

Forget about the Art Ross if you want a Cup.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yes trade me to a worse team so I can miss the playoffs there instead makes sense
So u think Pittsburgh will be better than Montreal next year? The Big 3 in Pittsburgh are in their late 30’s and they have limited draft picks. Montreal has an abundance of draft picks and are slowly building while Pittsburgh has been declining for the last 2 years
So yes , it makes sense. Maybe not to you but others it will

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That’s too. Bad, I feel for you and your daughter losing that chance for a road trip and game.

Stay safe people if you are driving. My son back in the Turtle Lake area says the snowfall is incredible. He’s trying to snow blow but there’s just so much. He sent me photos of area hiways, wow!
They r saying it’s the biggest snowfall Saskatoon has had in ages. I always had the impression that they would get lots of snow in that area but sounds like they don’t. Not much snowfall this year in Prairies ?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
They r saying it’s the biggest snowfall Saskatoon has had in ages. I always had the impression that they would get lots of snow in that area but sounds like they don’t. Not much snowfall this year in Prairies ?
Saskatoon- we get a ton of snow every year. We normally have huge piles on our lawns from shovelling. It’s generally consistent snowfalls and not this crazy dumping!

We have had 2 days of huge snowfall and our cars are stuck lol

The walkway in the picture here is about 16 inches. It was down to the pavement on Friday morning lol.

There is about 4 additional inches from the lower level to the pavement again today.

I was supposed to go to Calgary & Banff this week but now that’s a big question mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
I have no idea what propelled the McDrai switch. I fail to see what's the upside.
Because we have the worst drafting and player development in the league over the last 9 years, and don't give two shits about anyone on this team other than those three players.

Really doesn't make any sense, especially leading up to the TDL, but it makes a lot of sense in that our front office and coaching staff continues to sewer any chances of us winning a cup by cultivating any development from within.

We dont even have a single impact forward drafted in 8 years after the McDavid pick. Nor does the coaching staff give a shit about Holloway's development. Failed pick, failed development curve, and we will continue to trade/sign bottom of the barrell shitters (brown) to try and remedy the situation.

We might as well just load up mcdrai because we have probably the worst bottom 9 on any contending team.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Saskatoon- we get a ton of snow every year. We normally have huge piles on our lawns from shovelling. It’s generally consistent snowfalls and not this crazy dumping!

We have had 2 days of huge snowfall and our cars are stuck lol

The walkway in the picture here is about 16 inches. It was down to the pavement on Friday morning lol.

There is about 4 additional inches from the lower level to the pavement again today.

I was supposed to go to Calgary & Banff this week but now that’s a big question mark
We just went thru it 3 weeks ago. Snowed for 2 days straight, nonstop . We got 120 cm. This week, we r back to the grass now with garbage everywhere. We had floods this week pushing the garbage everywhere. They r finding deer carcasses now everywhere from the snow gone. Coyotes r feasting on them . Town is full of deer now and coyotes
March can be unpredictable for weather. Cant wait for it to get warmer. I absolutely hate winter

Leads the league in “Healthy Scratches/60”.
Do we still get blamed for that?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
We just went thru it 3 weeks ago. Snowed for 2 days straight, nonstop . We got 120 cm. This week, we r back to the grass now with garbage everywhere. We had floods this week pushing the garbage everywhere. They r finding deer carcasses now everywhere from the snow gone. Coyotes r feasting on them . Town is full of deer now and coyotes
March can be unpredictable for weather. Cant wait for it to get warmer. I absolutely hate winter
I do love winter (when it’s not crazy weather like this) and skating, skiing, and I don’t mind some cold.

Days like today remind me of why I’d like to enjoy a warmer climate more often lol

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
We better get a good second liner if this coach wants to keep mcdrai together. They also can only stay together if they vastly out score their mistakes. They aren't exactly tearing it up this year

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I would assume coach is playing McDrai together to make sure they, and other lines, know how to play with different players. Lines will shift in the playoffs, injuries can happen, and they don't want that to be the first time all season these players have played together. They'll go back to a split up McDrai eventually.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I do love winter (when it’s not crazy weather like this) and skating, skiing, and I don’t mind some cold.

Days like today remind me of why I’d like to enjoy a warmer climate more often lol
I liked it when I was a kid but now the cold is so hard on the body. When it gets cold in these parts, the dampness gets ya. I use to work in Ft McMurray and I would be out there in February-20 to -30 everyday. When I got home after hitch, if it was below -7 or -8, I found it colder because of the dampness

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Unfortunately whenever McDrai are together they end up trading high danger chances with the other team while the rest of our lines get caved 5v5. Not a recipe for long-term success
At this point it has to be the two demanding to play with each other and getting their way as usual. We are always worse off when these two play with each other and have been for 3 years. If this was 2019, maybe it's a different story.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Pens don't seem to trade their heros. Which is probably right for that market. Seems like the lineage between Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby they keep these guys close at hand and works to the fanbase. When they retired Jagr jersey couple weeks ago such a big deal there. I doubt Crosby goes anywhere.

I'm trying to understand this post. ;)

What is the snow saying?

hehe

The snow is reciting Ozzy's version of somewhere over the Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00