Kane-RNH-Janmark
Foegele-Mcleod-Perry
Holloway-Gagner-Brown

*Ryan out with injury

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais

Pickard

Oilers Stats - Edmonton Oilers 2023-24 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Penguins Lines:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Puustinen
Gruden-Eller-Bemstrom
Harkins-Acciari-Carter

Pettersson-Karlsson
Joseph-Letang
Graves-Ruhwedel

Nedeljkovic?

Penguins Stats - Pittsburgh Penguins 2023-24 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

OOT Scoreboard:
Games of interest - NJD@LAK and VCR@ANA

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Assuming the pens play Puljujarvi tomorrow, anybody wanna place a bet between whether Puljujarvi (former Oiler curse) or Connor Brown (finally) scores :naughty:
Puljujarvi was healthy scratched in Calgary. I saw the Pens/Kraken game on Thursday and JP looked OK in the first period. Had a couple of nice hits (received a couple as well) and was around the puck a bit. Totally invisible in the second and third. Played just 10 minutes.

Sure am glad I’m not the poster who declared that ‘Puljujarvi is a more impactful player than either Nuge or Hyman, particularly his goal scoring ceiling’. Lmao. :dunce:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I hope we are ready for puck drop this time. Pittsburgh will likely be mighty pissed off after yesterday’s loss and probably puts up 15 to 20 shots on us in the first period if we fail to show up right away like we usually do.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Assuming the pens play Puljujarvi tomorrow, anybody wanna place a bet between whether Puljujarvi (former Oiler curse) or Connor Brown (finally) scores :naughty:

Watch both of them get one lol.

I can’t be at the game tonight but I wonder if there’s a PJ tribute video?

Puljujarvi was healthy scratched in Calgary….

Sure am glad I’m not the poster who declared that ‘Puljujarvi is a more impactful player than either Nuge or Hyman, particularly his goal scoring ceiling’. Lmao. :dunce:

“Makes McDavid better” will go down as a case study in misinterpreting statistics vs reality.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers got back into Edmonton before the Pens game was finished last night. So no blaming travel. Both are on back2backs

Why is Brown playing over Gagner needs to change
I haven't thought Gags has looked right since returning from that concussion. Fearing the worst there tbh.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Just get the W. And lots of McPoints too please. Connor could easily catch Kucherov for the Ross since Tampa only plays 3 games in the next 13 days.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I’d like to see Kane and Drai trade places.
Holloway Foegele swap would be good as well.

Edit: didn't realize PIT choked last night giving Lames the 2pts. Was 3-1 in mid 3rd period when I stopped following. I guess keeping their playoffs hopes alive means they don't sell as much as they should and piss Markstrom off some more.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Just get the W. And lots of McPoints too please. Connor could easily catch Kucherov for the Ross since Tampa only plays 3 games in the next 13 days.
Not sure he will catch him, points get harder to come by in the last 20 games, yeah I know games in hand, but still gotta get 2ppg to catch him, thats going to be tough. Kuch is having a season!

Reactions: AM

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Not sure he will catch him, points get harder to come by in the last 20 games, yeah I know games in hand, but still gotta get 2ppg to catch him, thats going to be tough. Kuch is having a season!
If getting points means the teams is coming together and play good down the stretch hockey, then im with you and all for it.

I also want the guy as healthy as is possible (doesn’t look like he will be 100%) so whatever that takes.

I doubt Connor really gives a rip about catching Kuch this year. He has bigger fish to fry.

Reactions: elmeroil and Duke74

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
McDavid had 36 points in his last 20 in 2021-22 and 35 in his last 20 in 2022-23. If he got 6 points in the 4 games in hand and then 35 down the stretch it should be very close. Both are quite doable but there is no guarantee.

Part of this could come down to standings in the last week or so. The Oilers could have their position set by then while Tampa looks like it may be under some pressure to win to either hang on. Conversely, Tampa may have pretty much wrapped up a WC spot with not much more to play for while the Oilers could be fighting for home ice advantage.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I was supposed to go to this game with my Sidney Crosby loving daughter but had to give up my ticket because of the blizzard since I live 2+ hours from Edmonton.

Hopefully, they come out flying & let Pittsburgh know it's gonna be a long night for them.

Reactions: brentashton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad