GDT: Game #59 - Penguins@Oilers - 7PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I was supposed to go to this game with my Sidney Crosby loving daughter but had to give up my ticket because of the blizzard since I live 2+ hours from Edmonton.

Hopefully, they come out flying & let Pittsburgh know it's gonna be a long night for them.
Tough one.

Maybe if the Pens lose Guentzel will be traded here??

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just get the W. And lots of McPoints too please. Connor could easily catch Kucherov for the Ross since Tampa only plays 3 games in the next 13 days.
It’s mostly about if Mcdavid can take advantage of the games he has in hand. If he can then he will whirl past him.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Had to figure Crosby and the Pens were looking past the Flames yesterday. Because, honestly, who wouldn't? Sad, irrelevant franchise with a bunch of nothing players. It's grim.

Whereas, you know Crosby still gets up for these games against Connor. Guys that were the best don't pass that torch easily.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Had to figure Crosby and the Pens were looking past the Flames yesterday. Because, honestly, who wouldn't? Sad, irrelevant franchise with a bunch of nothing players. It's grim.

Whereas, you know Crosby still gets up for these games against Connor. Guys that were the best don't pass that torch easily.
2013-02-17-connor-mcdavid2-4_3_result.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I hope we are ready for puck drop this time. Pittsburgh will likely be mighty pissed off after yesterday’s loss and probably puts up 15 to 20 shots on us in the first period if we fail to show up right away like we usually do.
Pens beat themselves last night. Score a goal and that team falls apart. Pens actually handed the Flames the first goal last night that changed the game. Up until that pt Flames had nothing going and only 4 shots in 25mins of play. Then a Pens player passes the puck BACK into his own zone and its rolling and goes right to Sherangovich.

Pens play well in sequences but tend to self destruct it seems.

Man so many of these EC clubs are paper tigers. So many seem to just hand games to the Flames. One thing for Pens to lose a game they were leading by 2 goals multiple times but not even get a point out of it.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The Penguins collapsed last night against Calgary and surely we will be getting them at 110 % because this is going to be their Stanley Cup.

Winnable game, though. Flames got Jarry and we get their second best goalie (Nedeljkovic).

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The worst part is I hope they don’t play the type of system which is best for putting up points. If he can play tight defensively and put up the points, good tidings for the post season. Another 6 point game would make the race better.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I was supposed to go to this game with my Sidney Crosby loving daughter but had to give up my ticket because of the blizzard since I live 2+ hours from Edmonton.

Hopefully, they come out flying & let Pittsburgh know it's gonna be a long night for them.
That’s too. Bad, I feel for you and your daughter losing that chance for a road trip and game.

Stay safe people if you are driving. My son back in the Turtle Lake area says the snowfall is incredible. He’s trying to snow blow but there’s just so much. He sent me photos of area hiways, wow!

Reactions: HockeyGuy1964

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Let's keep winning and take first place. Bucks vs Vegas in round 1 would be beautiful.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Pens beat themselves last night. Score a goal and that team falls apart. Pens actually handed the Flames the first goal last night that changed the game. Up until that pt Flames had nothing going and only 4 shots in 25mins of play. Then a Pens player passes the puck BACK into his own zone and its rolling and goes right to Sherangovich.

Pens play well in sequences but tend to self destruct it seems.

Man so many of these EC clubs are paper tigers. So many seem to just hand games to the Flames. One thing for Pens to lose a game they were leading by 2 goals multiple times but not even get a point out of it.
It wouldn’t surprise me the least bit if Crosby goes to Montreal at end of his contract next year. Pittsburgh might be better off trading and get what they can in picks. It’s rebuild time. Crosby was a big Habs fan growing up. His father was drafted by then

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Neighbourhood squirrel was out all afternoon today so i interpret that as good omen and the oilers will show up to play at puck drop tonite…

IMG_4560.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad