GDT: Game 59: Ducks @ No Humans | 2/13/16 7:30 p.m. CT (WGN & NHL-N)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Well deserved loss, we actually deserved nothing.

The cap has killed us, we have a few playmakers who must do it all or else we struggle. Too many guys who generate nothing. Our bottom 2 lines give us zilch on a nighlty basis. Stan needs to do something significant. If Hossa is out it makes it even more difficult.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think it is the "discouraged" but it really is hard to tell. He doesn't strike me as being out of shape but we don't know how he did fitness testing wise. Like I have said before I thin strength will come in the next two years and I think that will help with his explosiveness.

I hope you're right but to me I see no evidence that his body will mature on that trajectory.

As an aside, at age 21. I was smaller and shorter than TT @ 5'8" 150#. I guarantee that I could skate a full lap around the rink carrying TT overhead. Of course I didn't spend as much time on hockey training as TT.

My point is that he's WAY behind the strength curve.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kane is cooling off and it is exposing Hawks offensive struggles

Glad to see that the Hawks are playing great so you can post again. It is hilarious that you only post when things are bad.

This is a very frustrating team. 7 scores too goals but takes a penalty you just can't do in
OT

Just like Vermette was the difference, Hawks need a trade to spark life

This team has ALWAYS been this way. No team can keep the pedal to floor and maintain it through the playoffs. I will take the lows now and the wins later. This is our favorite teams MO.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You like what you are seeing?

No. Not for the last 3 games. 3 games ago they were blowing out the Stars 5-1, remember?

And its different than February in literally every other season, how exactly?

This team always throttles back in the mid-season when they're firmly in playoff contention.

My only worry is the Hossa injury and it's extent. If the timetable brings him back for the playoffs, I'm not worried.

I'll worry when the games that matter start.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Hawks have some warts. Like all teams do. But the latest run shows that Desi and Shaw are not where they should be for the team to be successful.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Glad to see that the Hawks are playing great so you can post again. It is hilarious that you only post when things are bad.

This team has ALWAYS been this way. No team can keep the pedal to floor and maintain it through the playoffs. I will take the lows now and the wins later. This is our favorite teams MO.

I just got online. Good to see 86 with another impact game though.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Hawks have some warts. Like all teams do. But the latest run shows that Desi and Shaw are not where they should be for the team to be successful.

Both are 4th liners. The roster is just missing talent

3rd and 4th lines are generating nothing.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The less Mashinter the better. You could put Desi in his place and bring up almost anyone from Rock to step in on the third line for improvement. Some
Times Q lets his one fault of falling in love with hacks to derail him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Glad to see that the Hawks are playing great so you can post again. It is hilarious that you only post when things are bad. .

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Seabs was gassed. Now his conditioning is not where it should be. They need to thin down the cookie monster.

I will take the point.

Been Seabrook's problem most of his career before the first cup. If he really took care of his body like Keith... He'd probably be one of the top 5 best defenseman in the league.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I hope you're right but to me I see no evidence that his body will mature on that trajectory.

As an aside, at age 21. I was smaller and shorter than TT @ 5'8" 150#. I guarantee that I could skate a full lap around the rink carrying TT overhead. Of course I didn't spend as much time on hockey training as TT.

My point is that he's WAY behind the strength curve.

I am calling ******** on you carrying him over your head, do you mean carrying him on your back?

I went from 6 foot 170 to 6 foot 195 from 21 to 24 and actually got faster/quicker. It all depends on his body. He clearly has the frame to hold the weight (look at the video of him giving the belt to Kane with Vermette going crazy). I actually think he needs to add core weight (needs to develop the hockey player tree trunk butt as my wife calls it) and not really the beach body areas.

The strength curve is 100% different for everyone. Some players can add the strength right away and some have to do it as they age. Sid/Ovi had it right away (tree trunk legs/core) but Kane/Leddy developed strength much slower (I personally saw Leddy make the huge jump from one summer to the next when he was 22 to 24).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well they deserved to win ....another horrible 3rd period...then that gift penalty we gave them in OT... that whole game horrible ...especially our forwards who just looked no jump...again ..so 3 straight home games squandered ....why cannot this team summon tge energy to skate? Tonight our D gets little support from our forwards who chase and cannot get to loose pucks and who cannot pressure tge opponent in the o-zone...so the ice tilts to our zone way too much and CC faces another shot barrage..Our forwards are stinking and are a mess.Our star forwards are not showing ing but stinking.....leaving our d-men and CC to the mercies...Forget puck battle drills...what good are they when you cannot skate fast enough to get to pucks first? They need a bag-skate to get back speed and stamina cause we look SLOW . ....full PANIK mode..

AND ya think the Leafs will be a tonic for this Country Club? Yeah, tell that to Vancouver after a depleted Leafs team beat them badly tonight...I wonder what the excuse will be when the Leafs beat us ...?
Our forwards have all gone MIA ....and it is hard to watch such a mess.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I hope Hossa is okay.

Possibly -- possibly if he is not back till playoffs or something, they could LTIR him and get some cap space prior to the TDL....

If they could afford to go without him the rest of the regular season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well they deserved to win ....another horrible 3rd period...then that gift penalty we gave them in OT... that whole game horrible ...especially our forwards who just looked no jump...again ..so 3 straight home games squandered ....why cannot this team summon tge energy to skate? Tonight our D gets little support from our forwards who chase and cannot get to loose pucks and who cannot pressure tge opponent in the o-zone...so the ice tilts to our zone way too much and CC faces another shot barrage..Our forwards are stinking and are a mess.Our star forwards are not showing ing but stinking.....leaving our d-men and CC to the mercies...Forget puck battle drills...what good are they when you cannot skate fast enough to get to pucks first? They need a bag-skate to get back speed and stamina cause we look SLOW . ....full PANIK mode..

AND ya think the Leafs will be a tonic for this Country Club? Yeah, tell that to Vancouver after a depleted Leafs team beat them badly tonight...I wonder what the excuse will be when the Leafs beat us ...?
Our forwards have all gone MIA ....and it is hard to watch such a mess.

Deserve is the worst word in sports and life. No deserves anything.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I hope Hossa is okay.

Possibly -- possibly if he is not back till playoffs or something, they could LTIR him and get some cap space prior to the TDL....

If they could afford to go without him the rest of the regular season.

LTIRing Hossa and Kruger until the playoffs and using it for a big trade(s) would drive other fan bases mad, especially after Kane last year. It would be hilarious.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
No idea why people are getting on Teravainen. Fins generally develop as slow as defensemen when they start in the NHL. Not many Fins become Selanne or even Barkov right off the bat. Kid has had to carry his own line most of the season and has bounced around forward positions since he was in Rockford. He'll be fine. His last few games though has been disappointing. Don't see the desire I saw from him in the playoffs. We'll see what he does when the lights get brighter once again.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
LTIRing Hossa and Kruger until the playoffs and using it for a big trade(s) would drive other fan bases mad, especially after Kane last year. It would be hilarious.

could very well happen..

IMO Dano has not seen the last of his time with the big club.....

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Meh, regular February game for us. Nobody should be surprised by the midseason lull that we have almost every year by this point. Frustrating, but never enough to prognosticate anything.

Just hope Hoss is okay.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Seabrook's goal production is doing quite the job of obfuscating what has been arguably his worst season as a defender in the NHL.

Just absolutely ****ing putrid.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I am calling ******** on you carrying him over your head, do you mean carrying him on your back?

I went from 6 foot 170 to 6 foot 195 from 21 to 24 and actually got faster/quicker. It all depends on his body. He clearly has the frame to hold the weight (look at the video of him giving the belt to Kane with Vermette going crazy). I actually think he needs to add core weight (needs to develop the hockey player tree trunk butt as my wife calls it) and not really the beach body areas.

The strength curve is 100% different for everyone. Some players can add the strength right away and some have to do it as they age. Sid/Ovi had it right away (tree trunk legs/core) but Kane/Leddy developed strength much slower (I personally saw Leddy make the huge jump from one summer to the next when he was 22 to 24).

Call BS all you like, I squatted 440 at that weight. Many in the know trainer/coaches would not let you play unless you could do an overhead squat with your bodyweight, i.e. 150# in my case.

Now with Leddy and the other guys mentioned that was a while ago. Strength training has become much more in vogue as time goes on.

Again, I hope you're right for everyone's sake.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A few more funk fests and Country Club Q will be in Mike Yeo territory...I cannot imagine the brains upstairs are happy with the recent turn to the downside..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad