GDT: Game 58: Stars @ Blackhawks | 2-11-16 | 7:30 pm CT | FSSW, CSNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Are they just bag skating TT because it is his fault we lost? Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness a bad skate is needed at this point. Not to prove a point but just to wake the team up.

I am excited for the Q has lost the room posters to pop up soon, anyone with me?

You're certainly defensive about him. I repeat, TT was pretty good defensively right from the get go. What was most notable immediately was his lack of muscle on both sides of the puck and that really hasn't changed. If he's better, it is marginal and probably has more to do with learning the NA game than anything else. Sure he shows sporadic brilliance with those great hands. Now it's time to get serious about it if he has the will to reach his potential.... and I have my doubts, tbh.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I have said the negatives as well. I swear those portions must be in clear font. People are magically acting like I only speak about the good parts. People need to read the whole of my posts.

Nope, no clear font. He is what YOU SAID. no clear font.
I think Q is sold but knows he needs time. I think that because of how he talks about him.

OK, so you are saying the knows he needs time is the stuff I was talking about. ok.

If that is the case sorry. I then must admit you type better than I can read. :)

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think the fact that in many ways TT doesn't seem to be any better than he was in his first NHL game that has people concerned. He needs to get stronger for sure, more intense in his play and to bear down, especially when he gets the types of chances he had last night when Hawks were 2 goals down. I can guarantee that Q was not happy with those flippant attempts we saw when the game seemed to be within reach.

Bobby, remember when I posted I will let you know when I see a good post. That above is good.

Only thing I can think to add is he really has onnly played well when we had Timmonen on our team. He really seemed "comfortable" out there and went and DID stuff, he made things happen, he didn't just throw a puck around and hope. He GOT results.

Maybe we can get Timmonen back out of retirement.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
If people don't think he is any better then they are missing a lot. He is a much better defensive player and has improved to the point where he is good on both special team units. His offense is not where they expected it to be so the judge him on just that. NOT SAYING YOU THINK THIS WAY.

I think people seem to think that I don't get that he has struggled lately. People keep talking about offense, offense, offense and never mention that he is really good on D and all other aspects. Again he need to put on weight and become more assertive but he is 21 freaking years old in his second NHL season playing with Desi and PD who currently bring NOTHING offensively. Teams now realize this and focus on him (this is obvious in how the over pressure him in the offensive zone). Last night and the past few games have been rough but people want him to be fully developed now and are judging him as such.

People say they don't see "it" but then what did you see in the playoffs because Helen Keller would have seen a rookie playing really well on the biggest stage in the world who has "it". What is the difference between then and now? He was playing with players that have some decent offensive ability and knew when to cut on lanes (by doing this TT was actually able to have some space to operate and create). It is very clear that some people do not understand how players develop because expecting a 21 year old player who is a responsible two-way player to carry a line with Desi and PD (rookie) offensively is not a reasonable expectation. Don't even bring up the games where he sat because we all knew that was a stupid move by Q.

Bold part - Damn right Q is not ok with it but people seem pretty damning of a player after a few rough games.

Don't bring up AP because he has been a pro for far longer and is 24, **** didn't he play on a team with Kovlchuk (spelling).

MM - TT actually tried to split the D twice in the 3rd and it worked once (I assume you missed it because you said you were sporadically watching) and I do agree (as I have continually said before) that he needs be more aggressive. This is something the comes with confidence and typically as a player ages he becomes more confident.

Also good post. people are on fire here.

Yes he is better, there is no question. pk, all the stuff you said. He just doesn't look good, I don't care who you play with.

The REALLLLY good point u had is teams key on him. I was thinking aboout that, man he doesn't have a lot of time and space. you are all over it, they are just taking him out and letting 24 and desi try.

Good stuff.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're certainly defensive about him. I repeat, TT was pretty good defensively right from the get go. What was most notable immediately was his lack of muscle on both sides of the puck and that really hasn't changed. If he's better, it is marginal and probably has more to do with learning the NA game than anything else. Sure he shows sporadic brilliance with those great hands. Now it's time to get serious about it if he has the will to reach his potential.... and I have my doubts, tbh.

Defensive? No but I do think are completely missing on TT. I do feel strongly that he is going to develop and has developed.

Having doubts is fine and we can disagree on that but it is the people that blindly ignore things that are very obvious to me or ignore them to help their point (which a few people do here).

Nope, no clear font. He is what YOU SAID. no clear font.
I think Q is sold but knows he needs time. I think that because of how he talks about him.

OK, so you are saying the knows he needs time is the stuff I was talking about. ok.

If that is the case sorry. I then must admit you type better than I can read. :)

You completely missed the point of my post so yes I guess my typing in better than you can read:laugh:. My post implies (and it is obvious) that I agree there are things he needs to work on (Strength, Aggression, shoot more) and that I have continuously acknowledged and talked about them. Do I think he is close to as bad as people act like he is? No I know is not that bad and contend that if he continue to develop he will turn into the player I previously talked about.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The REALLLLY good point u had is teams key on him. I was thinking aboout that, man he doesn't have a lot of time and space. you are all over it, they are just taking him out and letting 24 and desi try.

Good stuff.

Sarcasm? honest question.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Sarcasm? honest question.

no, good point. I was like yeah that's it when I read it. I was like he doesn't seem to have much room, he is not moving his feet what is up.

But I totally agree, take out TT line and they won't score. He won't go around you either, so you get people coming at him along the wall taking what little time and space he would have away.

To defeat that, he MUST take it to the net and move past them as they close him down. he just Doens't want to and tries to make a low% pass is the mode he is now in.

0% sarcasm. And no you didn't use any clear font either.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
At least yours isn't in the playoffs, we've lost every year on my birthday since 2011. April 17th:

11 - Seabrook murdered by Torres
12 - Hossa murdered by Torres
13 - Lockout had it still regular season
14 - Lose to Blues in opening 3rd OT game
15 - Lose to Preds 6-2

If we play again on my birthday I am betting everything on the opponent

Oof.... You're right.
Thats rough.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Excremental effort to say the least. I can get sleepwalking through the Sharks game, but When Dallas is behind you in the standings *and* has games in hand, you show up to those.

It makes me worried that the 'hawks will likely sleepwalk through Toronto.

Please no. I'm going to that one D:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I just want to say that the game sucked beyond belief. It was as if a robber took a poop in my bathroom and left it for me to discover after two weeks on vacation.

That is the last I will speak of this game.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The more time that passes, the more it seems like tt will go the frolik route. Solid nhl player, but just not top 6 material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad