GDT: Game 58: Stars @ Blackhawks | 2-11-16 | 7:30 pm CT | FSSW, CSNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think Q is sold but knows he needs time. I think that because of how he talks about him.

I think you hear him talk about the "production" stuff. He sees that, as we all do. I think we also hear him say needs the puck more, needs to at times be selfish, has to shoot more, dirty areas etc. So I hear the "negative" as well. He is an NHL player, no more AHL and all they did with scratching him in the playoffs etc. At least those days are over.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
It is not a bromance at all. I am not 12 and or someone who has a bromance with players, this is pretty obvious of you look at my posting history. If you knew what a bromance was you would know that I would be *****ing about him not being on the ice. Guess what I didn't.

TT had a rough game so that why he was not out there to go along with the reason I posted above. FYI PP and extra man are completely different situations. One is chaos and one you are looking to be more patient and control the play while looking to score. You comment is basically just you trying to act like you knew what you were talking about and make a point about TT, you failed at both. For someone who "claims" 10k games coached and played you see to not understand a lot.

These are all just obvious things but you are missing them and just trying to be a *****.

I know that is not at me but meow.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I watched intermittently last night but recall another shift where had TT just gone to the crease he probably scores on one of the 2 rebounds created by his unskilled linemates.

Instead, he just reached with the oversized stick and came up short.

The jury is still out on TT but I'm not impressed at the moment.

Yes I have tried to coin the phrase in my last several posts of "Bickelitis" for TT. He doesn't SEEM like he is intense, like he wants contact. In practice I bet he looks unreal.

Get him in a game where men want to hit him, and he goes away.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
At least yours isn't in the playoffs, we've lost every year on my birthday since 2011. April 17th:

11 - Seabrook murdered by Torres
12 - Hossa murdered by Torres
13 - Lockout had it still regular season
14 - Lose to Blues in opening 3rd OT game
15 - Lose to Preds 6-2

If we play again on my birthday I am betting everything on the opponent
holy cow, that is incredible. Good luck this year !

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I agree TT had a rough night and would stretch that out to a tough go for a while now.

Love him, hate him or somewhere in between...his problem right now is that he's not dangerous and gets no respect when he has the puck.

He needs to try and split the D from time to time or beat a guy one on one. The play doesn't even have to be successful, the threat that he will attempt it will plant the seed and give him some room to dish.

I'm sure others are in his ear about it as well, but there's only so much they can do. It's up to TT.

PERFECTLY said. wow.

I mean he has to TRY TO DO STUFF. He gets it and fires it away right away. Like Q says he needs to hang onto it, and when he gets a good chance to shoot, use your shot.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Gotta give you credit, you called it. Wish your birthday was on Feb 29 so we could expect the birthday loss every 4 years instead!

Hopefully the last 2 games has given Stan the urgency to make a move for a finisher to go on that top line. We are too thin with finishers, and when our main guys don't have it we struggle to generate anything. We desperately need a finishing 1LW, and people need to stop calling for Panik. The guy couldn't crack Toronto's team, he will provide nothing on a top line.

Amen. I mean career 4th line or AHL guy and they think he can play on a #1 line on a good team. HF logic right there. well he has a good shot so he must be able to play on a #1 line. Not.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My birthday has been very lucky for Chicago teams (June 14). The Bulls won all 6 of their championships on or near that day and the Hawks have been relatively close when they have won. Those of you with unlucky birthdays, don't worry I have us covered :)

JackStrawMan

Jun 26, 2015
Chicago, IL
I agree TT had a rough night and would stretch that out to a tough go for a while now.

Love him, hate him or somewhere in between...his problem right now is that he's not dangerous and gets no respect when he has the puck.

He needs to try and split the D from time to time or beat a guy one on one. The play doesn't even have to be successful, the threat that he will attempt it will plant the seed and give him some room to dish.

I'm sure others are in his ear about it as well, but there's only so much they can do. It's up to TT.

Agreed, his play lately has been downright timid. Not sure if the hawks need another Finn, but he looks like a fish out of water and imagine the transition living here is still tough on him. He's played on every line, every position and the sudden emergence of a bonafide star with Panarin possibly plays into his decision making when we does get ice time.

At 21 he should bulk up in the next couple of years, and he is in desperate need of a consistent position/role and with it confidence.

If not for a dreadful first 19 games of 2016 (1g 2a) he would be doing just fine production wise and be well over the 20 goal pace.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Amen. I mean career 4th line or AHL guy and they think he can play on a #1 line on a good team. HF logic right there. well he has a good shot so he must be able to play on a #1 line. Not.

Agreed. A third or fourth line guy at best. He is not as skilled as Shaw, no way. Shaw shouldn't be up there but is better then Panik with other skilled players.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think you hear him talk about the "production" stuff. He sees that, as we all do. I think we also hear him say needs the puck more, needs to at times be selfish, has to shoot more, dirty areas etc. So I hear the "negative" as well. He is an NHL player, no more AHL and all they did with scratching him in the playoffs etc. At least those days are over.

I have said the negatives as well. I swear those portions must be in clear font. People are magically acting like I only speak about the good parts. People need to read the whole of my posts.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed, his play lately has been downright timid. Not sure if the hawks need another Finn, but he looks like a fish out of water and imagine the transition living here is still tough on him. He's played on every line, every position and the sudden emergence of a bonafide star with Panarin possibly plays into his decision making when we does get ice time.

At 21 he should bulk up in the next couple of years, and he is in desperate need of a consistent position/role and with it confidence.

If not for a dreadful first 19 games of 2016 (1g 2a) he would be doing just fine production wise and be well over the 20 goal pace.

Not really. He has 8 goals in the "good" games (35) That does not compute to a 20 + goal pace.

Regardless, those games have been played and do count. To parse samples so fine, everyone can be made to look good.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have said the negatives as well. I swear those portions must be in clear font. People are magically acting like I only speak about the good parts. People need to read the whole of my posts.

I think the fact that in many ways TT doesn't seem to be any better than he was in his first NHL game that has people concerned. He needs to get stronger for sure, more intense in his play and to bear down, especially when he gets the types of chances he had last night when Hawks were 2 goals down. I can guarantee that Q was not happy with those flippant attempts we saw when the game seemed to be within reach.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think the fact that in many ways TT doesn't seem to be any better than he was in his first NHL game that has people concerned. He needs to get stronger for sure, more intense in his play and to bear down, especially when he gets the types of chances he had last night when Hawks were 2 goals down. I can guarantee that Q was not happy with those flippant attempts we saw when the game seemed to be within reach.

Well said and echos my position clearly.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ A bag skate is deserved. If it weren't for the ridiculously grueling NHL schedule it would have happened long before this. Q needs to follow it with a reading of the riot act.

JackStrawMan

Jun 26, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not really. He has 8 goals in the "good" games (35) That does not compute to a 20 + goal pace.

Regardless, those games have been played and do count. To parse samples so fine, everyone can be made to look good.

I mean he could still get hot and reach 20 goals, its doubtful, but the 9 goals he also has do count as well. He lately has just not looked comfortable on the ice.

I know it is no use to pick and choose stats like this, but the talent is very clearly there and has shown on many nights, trying to find reasoning behind it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Maybe Q is a little tired of the team not starting on time...

TT has been fine.

He's been bounced around the lineup, he's only seen extended time in the top 6 on his wrong side, and all he's done is earn Q's trust in the process, because he's literally the first guy Q turns to every single time there's a hole anywhere in the forward lineup that needs to be filled.

Short of a borderline unfair 3rd line again (Sharp-Vermette-TT), we're probably not going to see the best of TT until he sees an extended look at either 1RW, 2RW or 2C.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

If people don't think he is any better then they are missing a lot. He is a much better defensive player and has improved to the point where he is good on both special team units. His offense is not where they expected it to be so the judge him on just that. NOT SAYING YOU THINK THIS WAY.

I think people seem to think that I don't get that he has struggled lately. People keep talking about offense, offense, offense and never mention that he is really good on D and all other aspects. Again he need to put on weight and become more assertive but he is 21 freaking years old in his second NHL season playing with Desi and PD who currently bring NOTHING offensively. Teams now realize this and focus on him (this is obvious in how the over pressure him in the offensive zone). Last night and the past few games have been rough but people want him to be fully developed now and are judging him as such.

People say they don't see "it" but then what did you see in the playoffs because Helen Keller would have seen a rookie playing really well on the biggest stage in the world who has "it". What is the difference between then and now? He was playing with players that have some decent offensive ability and knew when to cut on lanes (by doing this TT was actually able to have some space to operate and create). It is very clear that some people do not understand how players develop because expecting a 21 year old player who is a responsible two-way player to carry a line with Desi and PD (rookie) offensively is not a reasonable expectation. Don't even bring up the games where he sat because we all knew that was a stupid move by Q.

Bold part - Damn right Q is not ok with it but people seem pretty damning of a player after a few rough games.

Don't bring up AP because he has been a pro for far longer and is 24, **** didn't he play on a team with Kovlchuk (spelling).

MM - TT actually tried to split the D twice in the 3rd and it worked once (I assume you missed it because you said you were sporadically watching) and I do agree (as I have continually said before) that he needs be more aggressive. This is something the comes with confidence and typically as a player ages he becomes more confident.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
/\ A bag skate is deserved. If it weren't for the ridiculously grueling NHL schedule it would have happened long before this. Q needs to follow it with a reading of the riot act.

Are they just bag skating TT because it is his fault we lost? Am I doing this right? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness a bad skate is needed at this point. Not to prove a point but just to wake the team up.

I am excited for the Q has lost the room posters to pop up soon, anyone with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad