GDT: Game 58: Stars @ Blackhawks | 2-11-16 | 7:30 pm CT | FSSW, CSNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So you think the Leafs will be the tonic that rights our ship again? OR will we lose that home game too because they only play 20 out of 60? What excuses will they gave that game?

. Panarin still I'll?

.Just one of those nights (when the hockey gods had it in for us)?
. Ah yes....the Trap Game..bottom feeder team and Leafs to boot including all their injuries....I guess we win in a lark playing hard for less than the usual...so maybe we go urgent 10/60 instead of our normal 20/60? Should be good enough /long enough exertion to win,right? No? Well then...the last excuse:

.Babs out coaches the great Q...yeah that will be the excuse if we lose.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
for the life of me I don't know why Sekac and Panik don't get chances on those lines....they would be interchangeable IMO......gets shaw and desi back to where they belong on the best 4th line in the NHL.....

Sekac isn't that good and Panik has been fine in role asked of him so really no reason to shake that up

Also Desi/SHaw have both played better this year playing away from each other

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Just saw the highlights - missed the game.

Looks like Eaves had his career game tonight.

Crow maybe not at his best, but Eaves produced WAY over his pay grade on some pretty crazy plays... meaning that yes, the hockey gods smiled on him tonight.

Credit where due as he finished them, but talk about right place, right time.

Next!

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
So basically we think about TT in a similar fashion with me being higher on him.

yes

I just have a gut feeling it doesn't work out. He seems passive. You like him, my buddy likes him. I like him from afar lol.

Q seems not sold. Interesting player. Tough for the GM to decide, leverage the asset now and hope your pro scouts are right, or let him mature and see what you have next year with Hossa on 3R. But hossa will already take a pay cut to 4M. imagine going to your job for half the pay of today lol. He will come back next year, will he cry if he can't play with 19? then that is another year of TT on the 3rd line, wow.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
yes

I just have a gut feeling it doesn't work out. He seems passive. You like him, my buddy likes him. I like him from afar lol.

Q seems not sold. Interesting player. Tough for the GM to decide, leverage the asset now and hope your pro scouts are right, or let him mature and see what you have next year with Hossa on 3R. But hossa will already take a pay cut to 4M. imagine going to your job for half the pay of today lol. He will come back next year, will he cry if he can't play with 19? then that is another year of TT on the 3rd line, wow.

I think Q is sold but knows he needs time. I think that because of how he talks about him.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
My PVR didn't record the game. Was it as bad as the reactionaries on twitter made it sound?

So you think the Leafs will be the tonic that rights our ship again? OR will we lose that home game too because they only play 20 out of 60? What excuses will they gave that game?

. Panarin still I'll?

.Just one of those nights (when the hockey gods had it in for us)?
. Ah yes....the Trap Game..bottom feeder team and Leafs to boot including all their injuries....I guess we win in a lark playing hard for less than the usual...so maybe we go urgent 10/60 instead of our normal 20/60? Should be good enough /long enough exertion to win,right? No? Well then...the last excuse:

.Babs out coaches the great Q...yeah that will be the excuse if we lose.

The Leafs are icing an AHL squad and just gave up 5 to the Oilers. We should be fine even playing 5 out of 60.

And Babcock really isn't as great as the Toronto media claims. I mean, he's one of the best coaches in the league...but the hero worship is even more excessive than it was when he was in DET.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Well...not our night...a can we forfeit the last 2 periods by conceeding? NOBODY ON THIS TEAM showed up to play this game...mailing it in..Shameful display of professional pride to compete in a game...Shameful...Unprofessional stealing of the money from fans who paid to watch this farce ...farce because you expect some level.of compete in a game...here we see Dallas competition g but the ho.e side just not caring ...gave us 1 shift ...1 shift where we looked competitive ..otherwise just not ready to.play an NHL game...

Fiddy actually makes sense.:naughty:

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
That last goal right before the first period ended was a killer. Why wouldn't you put the best face off guy in the league out there to win that and at least get out of the period down three?

:pullhair:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Why would you put 86 out there?

19, 88, 15, and 81 are the skill players you put out there with a few net front grinders 65, 14, 11? along with 2, 7, 52.

Oh wait you are trying to be smart but guess what? You don't know who to put out, solid try though!

So why does 86 see PP time?

PP is 2 minutes

Extra man was 3:30

I think it's getting similar to some people's Kruger bromance for you with TT if you don't find it odd that he didn't see the ice.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

PP is 2 minutes

I think it's getting similar to some people's Kruger bromance for you with TT if you don't find it odd that he didn't see the ice.

It is not a bromance at all. I am not 12 and or someone who has a bromance with players, this is pretty obvious of you look at my posting history. If you knew what a bromance was you would know that I would be *****ing about him not being on the ice. Guess what I didn't.

TT had a rough game so that why he was not out there to go along with the reason I posted above. FYI PP and extra man are completely different situations. One is chaos and one you are looking to be more patient and control the play while looking to score. You comment is basically just you trying to act like you knew what you were talking about and make a point about TT, you failed at both. For someone who "claims" 10k games coached and played you see to not understand a lot.

These are all just obvious things but you are missing them and just trying to be a *****.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
It is not a bromance at all. I am not 12 and or someone who has a bromance with players, this is pretty obvious of you look at my posting history.

PP and extra man are completely different situations. One is chaos and one you are looking to be more patient and control the play while looking to score. You comment is basically just you trying to act like you knew what you were talking about and make a point about TT, you failed at both. For someone who "claims" 10k games coached and played you see to not understand a lot.

You're kidding right?

If not, the Hawks didn't get the same memo from Q that you did.

The extra man strategy is not as helter skelter as you are saying. At least not the Hawks and I would play it.

Both should be to get a good scoring chance and flood the net for a rebound You know actually, USE the extra man for more than a decoy.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

PP is 2 minutes

TT had 2 glorious chances on the same play around mid way mark in the third and squandered them badly. He buries it and we have a 1 goal game but I just don't see any intensity whatsoever in his game and it is getting concerning, tbh.

It seems that Q feels the same way.... but playing less skilled bottom 6 players instead when Hawks needed a goal doesn't make sense. There are better ways to get the message to TT (without hurting the team's chance to come back). Couple that with Q not having Toews take that key face-off (that resulted in the Stars 4th goal) is what drives me crazy. And I won't even go into the overplaying of Crawford while Darling rusts away on the bench. These are ridiculous decisions by our future HOFer coach!

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
TT had 2 glorious chances on the same play around mid way mark in the third and squandered them badly. He buries it and we have a 1 goal game but I just don't see any intensity whatsoever in his game and it is getting concerning, tbh.

It seems that Q feels the same way.... but playing less skilled bottom 6 players instead when Hawks needed a goal doesn't make sense. There are better ways to get the message to TT (without hurting the team's chance to come back). Couple that with Q not having Toews take that key face-off (that resulted in the Stars 4th goal) is what drives me crazy. And I won't even go into the overplaying of Crawford while Darling rusts away on the bench. These are ridiculous decisions by our future HOFer coach!

I watched intermittently last night but recall another shift where had TT just gone to the crease he probably scores on one of the 2 rebounds created by his unskilled linemates.

Instead, he just reached with the oversized stick and came up short.

The jury is still out on TT but I'm not impressed at the moment.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We out-shooting them 46-32? Could have fooled me given our brutal start and no wake up till 2 minutes remaining in the 2nd when finally we had our first good shift of the game...Does this indicate that IF we had started with the same urgency as we put into the last 22 minutes we could have gotten 80-90 shots on goal and actually tied the score (because it seems that given our lousy shooting % we need 80-90 shots on goal to get 4 measly goals....

ALSO..
.how is it possible that in a 46 shot barrage pn a mediocre goalie like Lehtonen that we only converted on 2 of those shots...O did not see him.make highlight reel saves to steal the game...

Even more mystifying....how is it possible than in our 46 shots launched and getting through on the Dallas net ...our beloved captain ONLY HAD 1 of those shots ???? 1/46 for Toews.....Also only 2/46 fir Anisimov...thus our top 2 C's combined for 3/48 shots...yet they are 2 of our best goal scorers compared ro anyone in the lineup other than Kane for this game....Do you not think something is wrong where your 2 top centers only generate 3 /46 shots? As if the opponents will gladly let all the others (excepting Kane) shoot as much as they want ....better than letting. G Toews and Anisimov combine for 7-8/46 because if that had happened likely we would have gotten to 4 goals and tied the game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're kidding right?

If not, the Hawks didn't get the same memo from Q that you did.

The extra man strategy is not as helter skelter as you are saying. At least not the Hawks and I would play it.

Both should be to get a good scoring chance and flood the net for a rebound You know actually, USE the extra man for more than a decoy.

Actually I am not. PP time is different than extra attacker time. There are systems in place for both of there should be. 23-3 man on the puck with 2 in front with the rest crashing minus 1 dman. Not like the pp. it is very much different. And this is how the Hawks played it so maybe you. Missed the mythical memo from Q.

Also in that situation you would rather have Seab or Gus ripping shots from the point with Keith not coming off. Kane makes TT redundant as well.

Should he have played him normally? Sure but combine a rough game and Kane not coming off I completely understand not playing him.

Who do you replace with him normally? Not 88, 19, 15, 81. He doesn't slot into 65, 14, or even 11 spots because they are planted in front.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Actually I am not. PP time is different than extra attacker time. There are systems in place for both of there should be. 23-3 man on the puck with 2 in front with the rest crashing minus 1 dman. Not like the pp. it is very much different. And this is how the Hawks played it so maybe you. Missed the mythical memo from Q.

Also in that situation you would rather have Seab or Gus ripping shots from the point with Keith not coming off. Kane makes TT redundant as well.

Should he have played him normally? Sure but combine a rough game and Kane not coming off I completely understand not playing him.

Who do you replace with him normally? Not 88, 19, 15, 81. He doesn't slot into 65, 14, or even 11 spots because they are planted in front.

IF TT was effective it would be Kane and TT to distribute, Hossa and Toews crashing with 7 and 53 bombing from point.

Not chaos, until something happens.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
IF TT was effective it would be Kane and TT to distribute, Hossa and Toews crashing with 7 and 53 bombing from point.

Not chaos, until something happens.

Never said it was chaos till something happens. Don't twist words.

Like I have already said but either you missed it 4 time or just are choosing to ignore it TT had a rough game and should not have been out there. Normal nights we have 2 separate units operating.

JackStrawMan

Jun 26, 2015
Chicago, IL
Annual birthday loss

At least yours isn't in the playoffs, we've lost every year on my birthday since 2011. April 17th:

11 - Seabrook murdered by Torres
12 - Hossa murdered by Torres
13 - Lockout had it still regular season
14 - Lose to Blues in opening 3rd OT game
15 - Lose to Preds 6-2

If we play again on my birthday I am betting everything on the opponent

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Excremental effort to say the least. I can get sleepwalking through the Sharks game, but When Dallas is behind you in the standings *and* has games in hand, you show up to those.

It makes me worried that the 'hawks will likely sleepwalk through Toronto.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Never said it was chaos till something happens. Don't twist words.

Like I have already said but either you missed it 4 time or just are choosing to ignore it TT had a rough game and should not have been out there. Normal nights we have 2 separate units operating.

I agree TT had a rough night and would stretch that out to a tough go for a while now.

Love him, hate him or somewhere in between...his problem right now is that he's not dangerous and gets no respect when he has the puck.

He needs to try and split the D from time to time or beat a guy one on one. The play doesn't even have to be successful, the threat that he will attempt it will plant the seed and give him some room to dish.

I'm sure others are in his ear about it as well, but there's only so much they can do. It's up to TT.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Annual birthday loss

Gotta give you credit, you called it. Wish your birthday was on Feb 29 so we could expect the birthday loss every 4 years instead!

Hopefully the last 2 games has given Stan the urgency to make a move for a finisher to go on that top line. We are too thin with finishers, and when our main guys don't have it we struggle to generate anything. We desperately need a finishing 1LW, and people need to stop calling for Panik. The guy couldn't crack Toronto's team, he will provide nothing on a top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad