GDT: Game 57: Red Wings vs blues 12:00 pm et 2/24/24 (ESPN+, ABC)

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
It's in Detroit. My wife wanted to go to a Wings game for her birthday, so a bunch of us are going to the Wings game on her birthday. Hopefully they keep the mojo going and we get to see a win in person.

There are a few things to conclude from this:

- she should always get what she wants
- she needs more birthdays to celebrate
- she needs a season ticket
- you guys definitely need to see more games in person

:D

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Just out of curiosity. Why doesn't Lyon ever get a game star? I just looked through our last 10 games or so. Most of which he was the main reason we won and he didn't get a star in any of them

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: Euro Twins

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Just out of curiosity. Why doesn't Lyon ever get a game star? I just looked through our last 10 games or so. Most of which he was the main reason we won and he didn't get a star in any of them
He could easily and should be among 3 stars every game. Except maybe 1-2. He is definitely our top 3 in every game. Even tonight.
I missed a good bit of the game because of work, did Lalonde have a top six of DBC-Larkin-Kane, Ray-Compher-Ras?

Because I kind of like that. Ray has reached a point where he can drive a line
Raymond has been red hot last 5-20 games. He makes something significant happen every game. Both his assets were marvellous tonight.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Emily Kaplan on ESPN said during the broadcast:

"I would look for that deal to get done sometime this season or over the summer."

Regarding Patrick Kane extension.

Hot take.

Along the lines of I would look for them to sign seider some time this season or over the summer.

Or if look for the wings to be trying to lock up Raymond this season or in the offseason for sure

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
that main board thread on Cat that was locked needs to be unlocked stat.
He just started potting some goals again. Let's give him some room first. Would love to see him heat up again down the stretch. Everyone has said he is a streaky scorer, never looked into that myself, but if the team had been losing more I think some around these parts may have been a bit more cantankerous.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
He just started potting some goals again. Let's give him some room first. Would love to see him heat up again down the stretch. Everyone has said he is a streaky scorer, never looked into that myself, but if the team had been losing more I think some around these parts may have been a bit more cantankerous.
I think it was during the Seattle game that I started feeling really, really down on DBC. If they keep the DBC-Larkin-Kane line together I could see him finishing the season hot and hitting 30 goals.

Reactions: Beer League Bender

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hot take.

Along the lines of I would look for them to sign seider some time this season or over the summer.

Or if look for the wings to be trying to lock up Raymond this season or in the offseason for sure
Interesting. I’m hearing also that Yzerman is looking at making a decision on his UFAs soon or at the latest at some point during the summer.

Reactions: Euro Twins

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I think it was during the Seattle game that I started feeling really, really down on DBC. If they keep the DBC-Larkin-Kane line together I could see him finishing the season hot and hitting 30 goals.
He's been a positive contributor to our offense, no doubt about that. But obviously that stretch of what, 9 goals in 40 games or so is probably not what many of us expected.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
He's been a positive contributor to our offense, no doubt about that. But obviously that stretch of what, 9 goals in 40 games or so is probably not what many of us expected.
Poor guy was cursed, he's hit like 30+ posts this season. The guy could seriously already have 40 goals if not for posts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ya no kidding. And it’s not like his game was bad during that stretch. His complete game and compete is a lot higher than I expected

There was lot of assists. Quote many of his shots turned to goalie saves and rebounds, and other guys scored.

No reason to freak out. It just goes that way in hockey.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
So I played some Railway Empire, worked on my WW2 miniature ruleset, ran some errands, napped, made a drink, and wrapped my knee with the new freeze wrap. Watching the 1st period again.

So far this season I think we have

Season Part the First:

Great offense. No defense. Inconsistent play. Lots of wins.

Part the Second:

No offense. No Defense. Inconsistent play. Lots of not-wins.

Part the Third:

Good offense. Good defense. Good consistent play. Lots of wins. I like this part.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
So I played some Railway Empire, worked on my WW2 miniature ruleset, ran some errands, napped, made a drink, and wrapped my knee with the new freeze wrap. Watching the 1st period again.

So far this season I think we have

Season Part the First:

Great offense. No defense. Inconsistent play. Lots of wins.

Part the Second:

No offense. No Defense. Inconsistent play. Lots of not-wins.

Part the Third:

Good offense. Good defense. Good consistent play. Lots of wins. I like this part.

I hope the meaning of that chronology is that they were struggling to add defense to their approach, but are finally starting to figure it out.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
There was lot of assists. Quote many of his shots turned to goalie saves and rebounds, and other guys scored.

No reason to freak out. It just goes that way in hockey.
I heard somewhere that goal scorers are sometimes streaky! :eek3:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
There are a few things to conclude from this:

- she should always get what she wants
- she needs more birthdays to celebrate
- she needs a season ticket
- you guys definitely need to see more games in person

:D
We made a few observations at the game:
- there hasn't been a win like this in forever
- this season gets more fun by the month
- all birthdays are at Wings games going forward

:partytime:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Anybody else catch Weeksy calling Ras swedish today?
When Raymond assisted on the Ras goal, Weeksy said something about Raymond making a great pass to his fellow Swede... I was like wut? Ras is from BC, but Weeksy must think he's from Sweden.
I have always thought he was swedish. I didn't realise until now he was from Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00