GDT: Game 57: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 2/17 7PM

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
The most noticeable thing is how the Jackets play incredibly hard vs the Pens. Last night's game was played at a very high & intense level by both teams, actually. Columbus plays the Rangers hard, but not like what we saw last night. The difference in effort level between last night's game and the Leafs game (where the Jackets actually played pretty well, much better and harder than they did against, say, NJ recently) was like night and day. It's games like this that get me excited for the playoffs.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not to nitpick, but the Pens are 50.... They're even wearing a patch commemorating that, lol.

But yeah, sore losers for sure. CBJ just get up for games against them. Great rivalry.

And I love the way Dubinsky brings his A game for them. He's a beast.

50 years and at least 4 generational players.

If we're lucky Seth Jones is our first.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Fine by me. Frankly I'm sick of Pittsburgh. I'd take home ice versus the NYR in the first round.

Personally I don't really care who we play in the first round, as long as we don't play Washington haha. I'm quite confident against every other team - we've played very well against both the Rags and Pens this year

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
We need those fans to come down from Dublin every home game

I don't think the local Pens fans are the Dublin types. :nod:

pittsburghstereotypes6.jpg

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Good time last night. The best part is telling the Pen fans around me to not go away mad, just go away!

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
and two bankrupticies....Winning the Crosby lottery probably saved the franchise from moving.

If I recall correctly, there was talk of them moving to CBus at one point before Mario saved the franchise (as the owner not a player).

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
and two bankrupticies....Winning the Crosby lottery probably saved the franchise from moving.

In the 207/208 men's room, there was some good natured back and forth between Pens fans and CBJ fans and one guy was particularly proud of himself to point out that they had four cups and "how many does Columbus have?? Oh yeah, that's right! dooooohhh"

The replies varied from "I'm surprised you can count that high even holding your ####" or "..and two bankruptcies"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad