GDT: Game 55: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 2/13 7:30PM

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Not Kev but, because 50 years and many lbs ago I could do things that I can't do now. I think recency trumps the overall in projecting future events although it doesn't get it right all the time. The fact is this team is not playing like they did through December. Unless and until they show signs of that kind of performance on a consistent basis I see them limping into the playoffs and headed for a quick exit.

I don't understand the limiting logic though. They're the same guys that played well. I'm not saying I expect another 16 game streak, but they didn't completely forget how to play. I don't expect them to continue to meander along at .500 any more than I expected them to keep a 1.000 pace a month ago.

There are two months left. I'd rather they start peaking around the end of March, honestly. We've all seen what a team that's hot at the right time in April can do.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not Kev but, because 50 years and many lbs ago I could do things that I can't do now. I think recency trumps the overall in projecting future events although it doesn't get it right all the time. The fact is this team is not playing like they did through December. Unless and until they show signs of that kind of performance on a consistent basis I see them limping into the playoffs and headed for a quick exit.

I think last game they actually played the closest to their December game of any game since then. And you'll win most games if you can play like that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't understand the limiting logic though. They're the same guys that played well. I'm not saying I expect another 16 game streak, but they didn't completely forget how to play. I don't expect them to continue to meander along at .500 any more than I expected them to keep a 1.000 pace a month ago.

There are two months left. I'd rather they start peaking around the end of March, honestly. We've all seen what a team that's hot at the right time in April can do.

If they peak and have a good last 4-6 weeks then the recent performance would project good things in the playoffs. I hope they do.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

This implied correlation does not exist. If it did, then "recent" events in December would have led us to believe the team would never lose again, but absolutely no one was saying that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad