Raanta

Scratches
Pirri, Puempel

Injured
Girardi

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Does anyone have an idea (or know) who is calling the game?

I'm just anxious to hear what they have to say about the Jackets. For the first time in forever, it seems like they won't have to be contrived to have something positive to point at.

Looking forward to it. Heck....I might even throw a shot of Ol Grand Dad in my Metamucil.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does anyone have an idea (or know) who is calling the game?

I'm just anxious to hear what they have to say about the Jackets. For the first time in forever, it seems like they won't have to be contrived to have something positive to point at.

Looking forward to it. Heck....I might even throw a shot of Ol Grand Dad in my Metamucil.

Is this game on nhlnetwork or nbcsports?...If I miss another Rangers game cause its on NHL I'm gonna lose it.

Just checked its on NBC Sports Network...I can watch that. We usually get the third or fourth team but with our rise to prominence and the fact its the Rangers we could get Emerick, Enzo and Pierre.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Is this game on nhlnetwork or nbcsports?...If I miss another Rangers game cause its on NHL I'm gonna lose it.

Just checked its on NBC Sports Network...I can watch that. We usually get the third or fourth team but with our rise to prominence and the fact its the Rangers we could get Emerick, Enzo and Pierre.

Sam Rosen >> Doc Emrick

I'm an odd duck I suppose, because I also think Pierre is great.

I don't have cable so will miss this one. That or I'll maybe figure out how to stream games on mobile? :laugh: No ad-block no chance.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I also must be an odd duck like Major as I enjoy Pierre. But give me Doc for the play by play. His word mastery allows him a "story telling" quality to the call that puts him atop the pack. (Not to be confused with the story telling of Rimer who simply gets sidetracked telling stories. :laugh: )

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I also must be an odd duck like Major as I enjoy Pierre. But give me Doc for the play by play. His word mastery allows him a "story telling" quality to to call that puts him atop the pack. (Not to be confused with the story telling of Rimer who simply gets sidetracked telling stories. :laugh: )

Must be an old guy thing. I too prefer Doc. Pierre is okay other than his "this guy was terrific back in Podunk Midgets where he was coached by Scotty Bowman's third cousin." That I can do without.

But I would welcome Thorne & Clement back in a heartbeat.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
My prediction - the Jackets score a bunch of goals in the first and second and then the Rangers make a late run to either steal the game or make the win seem like a loss.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Must be an old guy thing. I too prefer Doc. Pierre is okay other than his "this guy was terrific back in Podunk Midgets where he was coached by Scotty Bowman's third cousin." That I can do without.

:laugh: I played for them too, except it was Scotty's great, great uncle. :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Interested to see how tonight plays out. Feel like the Rangers know they have CBJ's number (even after the most recent game)... up to CBJ to start changing that.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
6-1 Rangers. Torts loses it, calls the players snowflakes and gets fired. Crash to the bottom of the league but because of the lottery they pick 7th overall and get a 3rd line grinder who lasts 2 years in the league.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Interested to see how tonight plays out. Feel like the Rangers know they have CBJ's number (even after the most recent game)... up to CBJ to start changing that.

Hmmm...I feel like we should be 3-0 versus Rangers if not for McBackup's breakdown.

However, I could see this game go the Rangers way though since they're playing pretty well right now and our youth are kind of struggling.

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
I will take anybody over Doc.

Okay.........here you go.

th

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
.......But give me Doc for the play by play. His word mastery allows him a "story telling" quality to to call that puts him atop the pack. .........

I'm with you Moe. I'm amazed how he avoids the same phrases to describe the action. (Unlike........well........you know)

The only thing I figure is he puts the headphones on before he goes to sleep every night. Then he has "The Adjective Thesaurus" on continuous loop. When he wakes up all he has to do is go over the player/coaching updates and he is ready to call the game.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I stand by what I said. ANYBODY over Doc. I don't hate Rimer, he's just getting senile. Jody is there to correct all his mistakes so its all good.

Except Jody is either too nice or just ignores Rimer so that many mistakes just get glossed over - with me either LOL or :huh:

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
(My practice post for when Rimer's contract is not renewed.........)

[size=+3]"Denied"[/size]

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Per NYR GDT and a tweet, we may be seeing Raanta in goal tonight.

Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Sure enough Tasch just tweeted hank on with the extras. It's just not smart. That's Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday without a game for hank. He's shown he doesn't want long breaks. AV ignores it. No reason to sit him with two days off coming.

Old Guy

Aug 30, 2015
However, I could see this game go the Rangers way though since they're playing pretty well right now and our youth are kind of struggling.

Our goaltender is better than their goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad