• Slap Shot

• Indian Horse

• Youngblood

• Mystery Alaska

• Mighty Ducks (any or all)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
2010-12 was the best hockey this team has played over the last 23 or so years. 2012 was the only time they made it past the first round. Pathetic!
With that perspective it’s really astonishing they have fans at all at this point. The only team in the valley with that kind of futility. The only other NHL team that matches that on-ice is Buffalo.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
2010-12 was the best hockey this team has played over the last 23 or so years. 2012 was the only time they made it past the first round. Pathetic!
Almost as pathetic as the Oilers, given the riches of 1st overall picks during the same time span

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Since we lost that series and Smith played well, you can’t claim he was the reason we went as far as we did.
Sure I can...that was not some high caliber, amazing, roster. It was slightly above average and was carried by Smith. There was no looking at it and thinking oh this is a SC favorite. Fun season, great effort with some clutch plays but it was more about the goalie than roster construction. Where my hope lies now is, what is being built could someday turn into a legit SC contender where you look at it and have an expectation of high performance and not a surprise, we are in the finals kinda thing.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sure I can...that was not some high caliber, amazing, roster. It was slightly above average and was carried by Smith. There was no looking at it and thinking oh this is a SC favorite. Fun season, great effort with some clutch plays but it was more about the goalie than roster construction. Where my hope lies now is, what is being built could someday turn into a legit SC contender where you look at it and have an expectation of high performance and not a surprise, we are in the finals kinda thing.
One player, net minder or not, does not make a team. It was all about roster construction, coaching an goaltending. It all needs to come together for the type of success that was had.

There is no guarantee that BA is building a contender, only hope…. and there is hope every year.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
One player, net minder or not, does not make a team. It was all about roster construction, coaching an goaltending. It all needs to come together for the type of success that was had.

There is no guarantee that BA is building a contender, only hope…. and there is hope every year.
That's fine but this is the first era (since Tkachuck/Roenick/Teppo days) I have had legitimate hope...no guarantee but the very real possibility, this will finally be a legitimate team.

Reactions: Kaizen

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That's fine but this is the first era (since Tkachuck/Roenick/Teppo days) I have had legitimate hope...no guarantee but the very real possibility, this will finally be a legitimate team.
Glad you’re optimistic, I am too. But honestly, I’d take the team that got past the first round over those you mentioned that never did, any season, all season long.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Glad you’re optimistic, I am too. But honestly, I’d take the team that got past the first round over those you mentioned that never did, any season, all season long.
Umm the Tkachuck team that lost to St Louis 1-0 in game 7 would've rolled the 2012 WCF team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad