• Slap Shot

• Indian Horse

• Youngblood

• Mystery Alaska

• Mighty Ducks (any or all)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Shots were pretty even in this one, we had a few pipes and didn't have Ingram in net, that would have made it closer. Our problem is on D and team D as well. Until we get better D men and one better C, we will struggle. We really don't have a 1D or 2D. BA has built us from the wing out with pretty good goal tending mostly in Ingram.
I agree, but that one better C has to be a 1C.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Gretzky era was no fun cuz there was no hope. There is hope in this era.
Couldn't disagree more, there was plenty of talent, check the rosters, there may have been more. There was definitely a better mix of strong vets and upcoming youth.

Edit: Hell, that team with few tweaks and DT became the most successful this franchise has seen in it's valley tenure.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Couldn't disagree more, there was plenty of talent, check the rosters, there may have been more. There was definitely a better mix of strong vets and upcoming youth.

Edit: Hell, that team with few tweaks and DT became the most successful this franchise has seen in it's valley tenure.
I dunno man...I guess we are in two different worlds cuz those rosters were butt.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Most of the fans want the season to eds so they can figure out if they have a team or not
Indeed. Too many are worried about the stability of this franchise. It affects the performance on the ice, it affects the emotions in the crowd.

This season is all but done. Send the kids to Tucson and let them have a memorable, historic season.

Reactions: Nowotny

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As I sit in the dink rink and watch the boys get blown out, I find my mind wandering, making comparisons to the same putrid feeling of watching the Gretzky era.

It's not fun.
What bothered my the most was that there was no push back. None at all. The guys were letting up on their checks. It might not have been apparent on TV but it was obvious at the rink. What happened to this team’s heart?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What bothered my the most was that there was no push back. None at all. The guys were letting up on their checks. It might not have been apparent on TV but it was obvious at the rink. What happened to this team’s heart?
Our February schedule is horribly hard with most teams in the playoffs or close and fighting for position. That is when talent shines, which we lack. BA better pull something out of his ass for next year because next year is when many expect the playoffs, none of this 70 pt. BS. IF we go .500 the rest of the way we hit 79 pts. if we go at our current pace we end up around 77 pts. Both would be disappointments in my opinion. March is a pretty easy schedule so we will probably go on a tear and end up out of the top ten in draft position.:laugh:

There is no leadership on this team.
I disagree. No Doan or Tkachuk that's for sure.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
8 on the bounce!! Honestly its difficult to keep cheering for this team. It looks (from afar) that half the team are weighing up hopes of a trade to get out of dodge and the rest are looking at Real Estate listings in SLC. Everything that was good a few weeks ago is now awful, PP, Goaltending, Physicality just the ability to put two passes together has now deserted this team. Avs tonight then the Oilers tomorrow afternoon Yikes!! Oh lets not forget also coming up the Leafs, Jets I feel this 8 game losing streak is here for some time to come

Reactions: Mangosteen

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
LOL, no worries and not trying to convince you, but did you go back and look at the rosters?
I did. Would probably be important we define what are talking about but the Gretzky coach era rosters were especially bad. When Tip took over, it was better but it was really about a better coach making bad rosters competitive through goaltending, defense and system. While there were a couple good years, I was never under the hope any of those teams had SC cup contender capabilities in them. Today, maybe I am delusional, but...I have the hope that what Bill Armstrong and company are doing is a potential path to SC Cup contender. Still years away but it is the closest hope I have ever had save for the Roenick/Tkachuck years.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I did. Would probably be important we define what are talking about but the Gretzky coach era rosters were especially bad. When Tip took over, it was better but it was really about a better coach making bad rosters competitive through goaltending, defense and system. While there were a couple good years, I was never under the hope any of those teams had SC cup contender capabilities in them. Today, maybe I am delusional, but...I have the hope that what Bill Armstrong and company are doing is a potential path to SC Cup contender. Still years away but it is the closest hope I have ever had save for the Roenick/Tkachuck years.
The year the Kings beat the Coyotes in the Western finals, the Kings then handled the NJ Devils easily to win the Cup. The Yotes, had they somehow beaten the Kings, could have done the same I think.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Agreed, but I felt like there was one strong push, can’t remember now exactly when it was, after our goal, but when the Canes scored again, it was over. I remember enjoying it, but it was so brief that it could in no way cast any positivity on the game as a whole.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, sorry but I gotta go with delusional, odd because you seem so lucid in other ways. :laugh:

I kid, I kid!

The year the Kings beat the Coyotes in the Western finals, the Kings then handled the NJ Devils easily to win the Cup. The Yotes, had they somehow beaten the Kings, could have done the same I think.
Agree, I’ve always said had we not somehow been seemingly oblivious to the buzz saw that the Kings became that post season and been prepared, we’d have won the Cup…. I honestly have no doubt.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Sure but, for the most part, that year was about capturing Lightning in a Mike Smith bottle.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad