• Indian Horse

• Youngblood

• Mystery Alaska

• Mighty Ducks (any or all)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Not familiar with Hockeyland or Indian Horse. Must be Canadian productions. Rest of the films are rad. As stated in a previous thread it's a coin toss between Slap Shot or Miracle. For this poll I am giving the nod to Slap Shot.

Mr. Carter has a point.

Still need to catch a Coyotes game at Hockey Hair Arena. This may have been a favorable option from a price standpoint, alas, my work schedule this week sees me clocking out at 7 pm.

EDIT: Indian Horse is on Netflix. Hockeyland is a doc available for $2 on Prime.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
If they are trying to develop Cooley’s 200 foot game as a center, playing him at wing every game doesn’t seem like the best way to do it. They need to find a way to get him back at the C position soon me thinks….

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Good players draw more penalties than they take. Here's how the Yotes fair. Cooley is 11th across the league.

View attachment 820813
It's interesting data and in general the trend is true, but I think it's hard to lump defensemen in with forwards. They are potentially the last resort and may have to take a penalty unless they can make a phenomenal play, and a lot of times it's someone else's mistake that has put them in the position to have to take that penalty.

The team's also been taking so many penalties of late. I think it's ultimately lack of depth. The penalties all compound into less icetime for 5-on-5 for fewer chances to score for players with less offensive skill.

Obviously we need Troy Stecher back.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
It's interesting data and in general the trend is true, but I think it's hard to lump defensemen in with forwards. They are potentially the last resort and may have to take a penalty unless they can make a phenomenal play, and a lot of times it's someone else's mistake that has put them in the position to have to take that penalty.

The team's also been taking so many penalties of late. I think it's ultimately lack of depth. The penalties all compound into less icetime for 5-on-5 for fewer chances to score for players with less offensive skill.

Obviously we need Troy Stecher back.

True. My chart is DOA, but what it shows is Valimaki is the only Yotes d-man that draws more penalties than he takes.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Pretty comparable to Vegas.

STH’s were sent a code, that I would guess gives them the rest of the season.
Yep...rest of season for free. Of course, bought multiple OTA systems, none of which present a clear picture, so I have paid for this already...lol.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Do we still have a good PP? Zone entry seems a problem lately.

Once established with possession they are alright, but I feel like that quick second pass to the open ice isn't happen as much anymore. They're a tad slow and the defense catches back up. The puck often stays on one side a lot more than I'd like.

One thing about power play effectiveness that you never see measured is zone entry with possession success. You may have a very effective power play once in the zone, but if your team never gains it and all you get is 15 seconds with the puck settled in the zone, it's an 0-1 on the power play. I'm sure teams internally measure those separately, but we get the proxy stat of power play percentage to tide us over.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Is Soderstrom still with the Coyotes or did he get sent back to Tucson? He needs to be playing games whether it's in the NHL or AHL, would love him to see him over Dermott right now

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IMG_3980.jpeg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Clocked out. Rabbit ears dialed in to 61.1 and I'm off for a quick walk to Pita Jungle to pick up dinner. Hockey should be on when I get back.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
You’d think after losing 7 straight and being a complete disgusting f***ing embarrassment they’d bother to maybe try to win a puck race, board battle, make a save, anything. I am absolutely disgusted with every single person out there and that honestly f***ing includes Tourigny at this point

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yup the team desperately needs to wake the eff up…well on their way to being embarrassed heavily in this game They look like shit.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Watching my first Coyotes game in over a year, thanks to the new streaming service.

Let's just say I'm already second guessing my subscription.

Watching this team suck ass in what looks like a dimly lit preseason scrimmage atmosphere is just sad on a new level I haven't experienced before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad