GDT: Game 52: Columbus at Detroit | 2/7 7:30PM

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Ridiculous no call on Dubi. Two bad calls don't make a right so I don't like the argument that's it makes up for the no call on Anderson. Still happy to get the points. Things are so tight that one point is meaningful.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Dave Metz just said "I thought you guys were solid other than 5 on 5." In an interview with Seth Jones. Jones was staggered :laugh:

He asked the opposite question in the intermission, so I'm assuming he just fumbled his words.

The Jackets had most of the zone time 5 on 5 and struggled on special teams.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I don't want to hear about that OT non-call vs Dubinsky... Stuff happens, I've seen 20 non-calls vs the CBJ in Detroit games since 2000.....

So, what are the CBJ supposed to do, lose the next game to Detroit to even the score????

Stop it CBJ fans, we won tonight fair and square based on the NHL rules!!!!

Kick Detroit's butt Saturday...

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't want to hear about that OT non-call vs Dubinsky... Stuff happens, I've seen 20 non-calls vs the CBJ in Detroit games since 2000.....

So, what are the CBJ supposed to do, lose the next game to Detroit to even the score????

Stop it CBJ fans, we won tonight fair and square based on the NHL rules!!!!

Kick Detroit's butt Saturday...

Seriously? Anything is fair as long as our team wins? In the end I am not exactly crying for the Wings and I am happy to get the points.

Jackets don't owe Wings anything but you would be pissed if it were the other way around.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Seriously? Anything is fair as long as our team wins? In the end I am not exactly crying for the Wings and I am happy to get the points.

Jackets don't owe Wings anything but you would be pissed if it were the other way around.

Yes, it's happened many times.... I remember losing vs the Wild once because the puck went up the goalies breezers and we lost....

Stuff happens, the real point is.... Detroit stopped playing after that non-call and lost... Next time keep playing instead of complaining....

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
DET fans so mad that comparing non-calls on winning plays and possible player injuries is a "long jump gold-winning leap". I got somewhere that guy can leap.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
It was clear from the replay that Zetterburg dropped the stick. The slash didn't cause him to lose the stick, it was his expectation that he was going to get a call and he just dropped it. Since this is the Jackets and the road, I am a little surprised the call didn't come.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It was clear from the replay that Zetterburg dropped the stick. The slash didn't cause him to lose the stick, it was his expectation that he was going to get a call and he just dropped it. Since this is the Jackets and the road, I am a little surprised the call didn't come.

Just sayin, if a stick gets broken the player must drop it..... per rule....

That said, Zetterburg should get a mans stick that doesn't break with a tap... :laugh:

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Just sayin, if a stick gets broken the player must drop it..... per rule....

That said, Zetterburg should get a mans stick that doesn't break with a tap... :laugh:

After I sent the previous post, I wondered if the stick was broken... It didn't look disfigured but maybe it was cracked...

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I thought the Jackets had pretty solid, consistent effort tonight other than the first 5 minutes when they were terrible, and the defense was pretty good. Hopefully they'll do a better job going forward with competitiveness against everyone.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
This just in from Vinny Prospal:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-09-at-5.19.15-PM.png.cf.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He asked the opposite question in the intermission, so I'm assuming he just fumbled his words.

The Jackets had most of the zone time 5 on 5 and struggled on special teams.

He did slip on his words, he corrected himself (I should have put that in), but Jones' reaction was pretty funny. He didn't know what to say.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Hey, let's pretend for were a hockey town for a change and stop talking college football in February.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
When I watch the slash to Z's stick, the only reason I can see the refs not make the call is because it was so low on the stick. Had it been up around his hands I think they blow the whistle. Not making excuses for the ref, but in OT where there may be more of a "let them play" mentality, I can see them letting something like that go.

Everyone always says that officials should let teams play in OT, until of course, there is a no call that affects their team, then they scream bloody murder.

And, like Robert said, we have had so many **** calls go against us over the years vs the Wings, that I have no sympathy what-so-ever for Wings fans.

Big win, though, and we are still the only team In the NHL that has not lost three games in a row.

Still waiting for us to play a 60 minute game. That still concerns me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad