GDT: Game #51 : KINGS @ BLUEJACKETS - Tuesday, 1/21/’14 @ 4:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Sweet eight-pound, six-ounce baby Jesus -- I step away at the end of the 2nd and I come back to THIS??!??

So much for killing my fatalistic attitude about this team. Then again, I was AT the Courtnall game. It'll take more than one Cup to remove that bitter taste :)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kopitar had 34 goals, 14 of which were on the PP, and 81 points in 82 games during the 09-10 year. Who were coaches on that team? Terry Murray, and Jamie Kompon. Doughty also had his best scoring season by a long shot.

Kopitar also had 27 goals in 08-09. Once again, the coach was Terry Murray.

Kopitar had 25 goals and 73 points in 75 games in 10-11. Once again, the coach was Terry Murray.

We saw what Kopitar did in the 2012 playoffs.

It's always easier to blame coaches for everything. It's one guy, and he's easy to fire.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
He really isn't , Toews is just as good if not better than Kopitar at both ends of the ice.

Again, you are obviously caught up in sparkle. Toews is not as good of a defensive player. He's just not.

Kopitar has blown Toews out of the water in turnover to takaway percentage over the last three years.

Kopitar dominates puck possession.

Kopitar earns 28 seconds more PK time over the last 3 years.

On offense Kopitar and Toews are pretty damn similar stats wise over the last three years. Anze has 169 games and 158 points. Toews has 157 games and 152 points.

Now Toews has had two wingers in the top 15 in scoring over the last three years and one of those is top 8. Toews also has two defenders in the top 30 in scoring over the last 3 years. Kopitar has had no wingers in the top 30 in scoring over the course of the last three years with the exception of Anze himself.

Chicago is a run and gun system with top top talent at skaters. All of that and yet Anze is very comparable offensively while his defensive metrics simply blow Toews away.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I don't know why Doughty states he prefers playing with Muzzin, he plays like crap most of the time he's paired with Jake.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
holy crap is that refreshing to watch a non-boardcycling creative PP.
I completely forget there is something like that.

I really love the "center" guy in the middle who forces an open gap and the whole team jumps in to overload

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I've never seen a team go from top-2 to a complete joke in a month like this...and their coach and GM just sit on their hands.

When Sutter tries something, he's an idiot for changing things. When he doesn't try something, he's an idiot for not changing things up. He can't win.

Lombardi is constrained by the cap.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Again, you are obviously caught up in sparkle. Toews is not as good of a defensive player. He's just not.

Kopitar has blown Toews out of the water in turnover to takaway percentage over the last three years.

Kopitar dominates puck possession.

Kopitar earns 28 seconds more PK time over the last 3 years.

On offense Kopitar and Toews are pretty damn similar stats wise over the last three years. Anze has 169 games and 158 points. Toews has 157 games and 152 points.

Now Toews has had two wingers in the top 15 in scoring over the last three years and one of those is top 8. Toews also has two defenders in the top 30 in scoring over the last 3 years. Kopitar has had no wingers in the top 30 in scoring over the course of the last three years with the exception of Anze himself.

Chicago is a run and gun system with top top talent at skaters. All of that and yet Anze is very comparable offensively while his defensive metrics simply blow Toews away.

Pretty sure Williams over the last three years is in the top 20 for scoring among wingers

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
When Sutter tries something, he's an idiot for changing things. When he doesn't try something, he's an idiot for not changing things up. He can't win.

Lombardi is constrained by the cap.

He's constrained by the cap because he gave Stoll and Regehr stupid contracts

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
no name pretty much said exactly what I was going to say.

Toews is not at the level of Kopitar defensively, now I'm not saying Toews is Mike Richards, but he isn't at the level of Kopitar. Very good two-way center but Kopi is probably the best in the business as far as forwards go.

Toews is a better offensive player than Kopi, but like no name said, he benefits from a more offensive oriented system and plays on a much, and I mean MUCH more talented roster.

I would rate them as pretty similar players, people underestimate just how much Kopitar controls the game when he is on the ice, his GA per 60 minutes is excellent for a guy often drawing tough matchups.

KingKopitar11*

I just don't know what's going on with the team, just not sure man. We just look so bad. I hope we make the playoffs.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Pretty sure Williams over the last three years is in the top 20 for scoring among wingers

I'm talking overall in scoring (that's why I mention their defenseman are top 30 in scoring. Although when I did a quick look through the stats to come up with my post I'd say he's probably not a top 20 winger but very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad