GDT: Game #51 : KINGS @ BLUEJACKETS - Tuesday, 1/21/’14 @ 4:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
They beat Jeff Carter! This is their Stanley Cup.

So who would the better options have been at the time of those signings? Just any semi-warm body?

I agree. Dean did what needed to be done at that time and I had no problems, all things considered. That said, I'd trade them. Regehr is slow as quicksand and Stoll is overpaid for a third line center.

Like Ehrhoff.

But yeah having 6 million strapped down for RR and Stoll is crazy.

Don't know Ehrhoff's game. But someone who would pair up well with DD.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So who would the better options have been at the time of those signings? Just any semi-warm body?

This is a cap world, if someone is demanding to much money you have to make the choice to move on from that player and fill the hole later on with someone who is more cap friendly.

If they wanted to keep the band together after 2012, Stoll should have been given the same one year contract Penner got, if he didn't want it, then wish him luck on his new team, but there is no way Dean should have committed almost $10 mill over three years to Stoll, he just isn't anywhere near that kind of player. The Kings could have signed a veteran to a one year deal for $1.5 to 2 and then gone with Vey this year and had an extra $2.5 mill to play with right now.

Regehr I can understand a bit more than Stoll, for one he isn't as overpaid and the Kings were thinner at D. But in a cap world he is still an overpaid player, and he was awful last year for the Kings, so it's not as if he earned it.

KingKopitar11*

Ehrhoff has a very well rounded game, and he's a good skater, not really a hitter though.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Offense did enough to win a usual night, too bad the defense sucked and Jones muffed the one goal

Amazing how this board can go from absolute euphoria to despair in a few weeks time

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Wanna send the team a much needed message? Make Brown a healthy scratch for Dodger Stadium. EVERYONE would get that message.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Less than half a minute to go, Kopitar comes down the left side of the ice with speed and rather than shooting, he looks to pass. Like what he attempted to do with 2 seconds left yesterday against Boston. Sigh...

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is Herby's favorite horse to beat into the ground. We've gone over this point as to the who's and why's of Stoll's contract, yet he refuses to let it go.

Why not offer him the same contract Penner was offered?

They were both coming off multiple horrendous seasons with the Kings, but in an attempt to keep the team together they offered Penner 1 year at $3 mill with a chance to prove himself and earn a long term deal. He went back to sucking the next season and the Kings moved on.

Why wasn't the same type of deal offered to Stoll?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm saying as of right now having them strapped down for 6 million is bad.

That's fine, but when the contracts were signed, was there a better option in either case?

This is a cap world, if someone is demanding to much money you have to make the choice to move on from that player and fill the hole later on with someone who is more cap friendly.

If they wanted to keep the band together after 2012, Stoll should have been given the same one year contract Penner got, if he didn't want it, then wish him luck on his new team, but there is no way Dean should have committed almost $10 mill over three years to Stoll, he just isn't anywhere near that kind of player. The Kings could have signed a veteran to a one year deal for $1.5 to 2 and then gone with Vey this year and had an extra $2.5 mill to play with right now.

Regehr I can understand a bit more than Stoll, for one he isn't as overpaid and the Kings were thinner at D. But in a cap world he is still an overpaid player, and he was awful last year for the Kings, so it's not as if he earned it.

Who's the veteran for $1.5 to $2 million? I have no idea who else was available in the summer of 2012. It's not fair to just say a veteran. Who?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Less than half a minute to go, Kopitar comes down the left side of the ice with speed and rather than shooting, he looks to pass. Like what he attempted to do with 2 seconds left yesterday against Boston. Sigh...

Makes you just shake your head.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Why not offer him the same contract Penner was offered?

They were both coming off multiple horrendous seasons with the Kings, but in an attempt to keep the team together they offered Penner 1 year at $3 mill with a chance to prove himself and earn a long term deal. He went back to sucking the next season and the Kings moved on.

Why wasn't the same type of deal offered to Stoll?

Dean loves Stoll though.

And I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad