GDT: Game #51 : KINGS @ BLUEJACKETS - Tuesday, 1/21/’14 @ 4:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They gave Brown a huge contract, so it's a little too late for healthy scratch statements. Day for that is long gone, and the problem in the first place is the system, not Dustin Brown.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why not offer him the same contract Penner was offered?

They were both coming off multiple horrendous seasons with the Kings, but in an attempt to keep the team together they offered Penner 1 year at $3 mill with a chance to prove himself and earn a long term deal. He went back to sucking the next season and the Kings moved on.

Why wasn't the same type of deal offered to Stoll?

Penner is a winger. Stoll is a center, who wins 50-55% of his faceoffs. Both had bad years. Both had OT winners. Stoll brings more than Penner. At least with the Kings anyway.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
The east should be worried about Columbus, pretty dynamite with Horton and they still have gaborik out

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
They gave Brown a huge contract, so it's a little too late for healthy scratch statements. Day for that is long gone, and the problem in the first place is the system, not Dustin Brown.

The system does not tell Kings players to avoid center ice .......we have been over this.

This system has nothing to do with yearly no shows of Kopitar offense, and Brown playing the way he is.

KingKopitar11*

DL cant afford to wait any longer. This team has 99 problems and the logo aint one.

It's win now mode

bloggerfanthe*

Yup it was all Toffoli's fault right Daryl. Can't imagine DL let's this go for too much longer.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Bring on the Ducks, can't get any worse...unless they score 9 goals...

14ucbd5.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dean loves Stoll though.

And I agree 100%.

Well then blame Dean, don't blame the lockout or the cap.

And to answer your question 7824, there are always veterans capable of filling in bottom line roles that are available for less than what Stoll got that summer.

Or like I said, give him a chance to earn a better payday and offer him 1 year. They had cap space in 2013 to afford his salary, they don't right now and it's going to hurt the teams chances to add at the deadline.

Offering Stoll a one year deal after the way he played most of his career as a King and especially that season would not have been a slap in the face or an insult, Stoll is a pro, he knows the way things work. Hell if the Kings hadn't won that season he may not have gotten any offer after the way he played in 2012.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It does tell them to dump in on speedy rushes and for point shots to be the primary point of attack, however.

That is a myth as well, this core has proved over 32 game strerch (March+Cup run)they can play up tempo and carry the puck into zones with speed.

Its up to players to maintain that play.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You can't scratch Brown. Maybe if he were the only one struggling, but what player on this team other than Carter and King have been consistently good all season. If you didn't scratch Richards during his disaster of a December and January, you can't scratch Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad