GDT: Game 51: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 2/4 7PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
We have so much standing and coasting in our own zone. Giving their guys a good 10 ft bubble of space all night

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Looks like a completely different team than last night from an effort perspective. Jackets just have trouble maintaining a motor, especially against teams that aren't the better ones.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Classic "Bad Jackets" we've seen too much of the last month. Play uninspired most of the game, then turn the effort up in the 3rd (when it's usually too late) to try to make a mad comeback. Wondering if this is just young team syndrome. Emotional game last night leading to big downturn.

I think this is going to be an interesting and strong playoff team- they will be "up" for those games-- but they have to achieve more consistency in their play to actually get there.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Shutout again at home.

67a3fb53564d9920c568ba446b13c64a

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Now passed by Pittsburgh once they win tonight. Our slide continues

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Worst performance of the season, absolutely pathetic and embarrassing.

Torts needs a major shake up. No reason for Milano/Bjork to not play over underperforming guys. Dubi completely let the team down by getting tossed.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Damn straight. Trash penalty to take at the end of the 2nd that puts us down 3-0. Great leadership from our 'A'

Did you not watch him play today, and yesterday? If you're going to scratch him for his stupid penalty then scratch Dubinsky too for his GM. (which would be stupid just like scratching Boone would be.)

Earlier in the year I could see scratching Boone. But now? Not a chance

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
ran into a buzz saw tonight. NJ has been a beast on the road winning something like 7 in a row. Schneider was good but we never really challenged. Takeaways for me were;

We were chasing the puck all night. NJ seemed a step quicker.

Never really established anything in the NJ zone. We score by committee, tonight we could have used someone beside Atkinson to step up. Everybody will tell you that Saad is having an OK season; but in my mind he is not producing to the level that was expected when he was signed.

Bad penalty by Jenner. 3rd goal pretty much sealed our fate. We seemed to come unglued tonight (Hartnell, Jenner, Dubinsky and Foligno) all seemed frustrated

Good news there is another game Tuesday. Go #CBJ

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Scratching Boone makes zero sense. No idea what the thinking is there. Of course, I really don't get the point of the "scratch player X" crowd anyway. For some reason, fans around these parts think the only motivation that works is punitive. Considering half are probably coasting in their own jobs, it's a curious position to take. heh.

If the effort wasn't there, then I get scratching as a response, but I don't really see that from anyone on this team right now. Underperformance =! lack of effort.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Agree, Boone has been the best jacket player on the ice the past 2 nights . Ganger would be prime candidate 1 to get scratched , also we really missed Anderson tonight . At some point Murray needs to become more aggressive as well. His puck movement has been bad , and he refuses to shoot the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad