GDT: Game 51: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 2/4 7PM

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Paraphrasing Torts, we looked past this game tonight and didn't take New Jersey seriously.

I think this is why we had success at the start of the season. Everyone looked by us, and we looked like world beaters by beating them. We got hot and confident. Now nobody looks by us, and we look like a very average team on most nights. I think we've got a shaken group, with shaken confident, and now we are starting to see who we really are. We're not the worst team in the league like alot of people thought we were, but we're also not the 3rd or 4th best team like the standings say either. I think we're an average team that played way above their heads and now we're seeing the results of it. Hopefully we can hang on and get our confidence back before the playoffs, assuming we still make it.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I have been staying upbeat about this team since the winning streak, but my optimism is starting to wane.

Sadly, the CBJ are making the skeptical hockey media look right.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
the Devils don't win often, let alone by dominating the other team.

now this is the time to panic and get ourselves some pitchforks

CBJ Alien

Jun 29, 2016
columbus ohio
Its feb 5th and we have the third best record in hockey. I dont need to CBJ to look like the Caps and be the best looking hockey club every game in the 82 game season. That being said, no, we do not look good right now, but let me reiterate for those crushing the panic button into a fine dust: Its FEBRUARY 5th and we have the 3RD best record. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time to get back to form. We could could get it back lose it and get back again in time for the playoffs right now.

also falling behind the rags would actually be the smartest thing we could do given the current playoff format. jusss sayn

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
after the Detroit game Tuesday, we have 7 home games in 17 days. And, this is a pretty easy stretch of games too all things considered. Plus we have our 5 day vacation. All said, I'd be disappointed with anything other than getting 6 wins in the next 8 games (including @ Det on Tuesday).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Scratching Boone makes zero sense. No idea what the thinking is there. Of course, I really don't get the point of the "scratch player X" crowd anyway. For some reason, fans around these parts think the only motivation that works is punitive. Considering half are probably coasting in their own jobs, it's a curious position to take. heh.

If the effort wasn't there, then I get scratching as a response, but I don't really see that from anyone on this team right now. Underperformance =! lack of effort.

Player X? Is he secretly Speed Players older brother, who ran away from home years ago?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Just hoping for a home playoff series. If we can get through Feb, March is far more forgiving.

Judging from the Jan splits, the goal might be to keep Werenski on the ice for 30 minutes a game.. :p

5 on 5 we sucked in Jan and Bob cooled down dramatically. Neither is really much of a surprise. If we can't get Bob's save percentage back over .920 for extended periods of time, we're not going to be much of a threat.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just hoping for a home playoff series. If we can get through Feb, March is far more forgiving.

Judging from the Jan splits, the goal might be to keep Werenski on the ice for 30 minutes a game.. :p

5 on 5 we sucked in Jan and Bob cooled down dramatically. Neither is really much of a surprise. If we can't get Bob's save percentage back over .920 for extended periods of time, we're not going to be much of a threat.

Looked to me like Bob was fine until all the extended time off. I think it was good to rest him, but historically he heats up the most when he is playing almost every game. I think the team will try to do that when we get closer to the playoffs.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Weird night last night... Don't think I've ever heard a crowd boo for close to 10 consecutive minutes after that "sig-g-nificant contact" stutter interference call. :D

Could only imagine what is was like on here with a few of the resident pessimists...

Either way, form seems to be holding true of us playing down to opponents that we need to be beating every time... would really like us to take advantage of this favorable home schedule the next two weeks. Crucial points.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We took the night off, simple as that imo.

I don't like it, but don't tell me no one else saw that coming after that incredible OT battle Friday night in Pitt.

Physical and Mental let down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad