Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Shit team.

Lazy to blame reffing. It's been bad as it always is, but the Jets have been game chan
Calls are what they are.

It does not change the fact this team cannot fight for a full sixty with swinging momentums. Cannot have their star goalie lock in for playoffs. Cannot get rid of coaches in a reasonable timeline to improve the team.

Exact same as past playoff runs, minus the one to the conference final. They get one good game in and then just fade away. This is how Minnesota feels huh.
They were in the driver’s seat until the reffing bullshit happened. That complete swing the game and momentum. Missed interference on Names, Scheif gets a punch to the head… would have been a 5 on 3. Connor trip at time of double minor on Vilardi. No team can play against 2 teams!

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Just to clarify the ref complaints: Apples didn't blooper his way into an embarrassing trip, and Vilardi didn't high stick someone in the face? Because those two penalties cost us the lead and the game.
The problem was that Sheif got a punch to the head and that would have given us a 5 on 3… no call, Connor was tripped at time of Vilardi high stick… no call. Before that Names in on a 2 on 1 gets taken out before he even touches the puck… no call. Just to name the major ones.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is the exact situation we signed brossoit for. As much as I love watching ehlers skating, he and pionk must go this summer.

Both are UFA's so we are looking at rental returns on them. Not ideal trade pieces if we want to parlay that into something else. Our defence could potentially take a hit this summer if Dillon and DeMelo walk anyways. So we might be looking at a major retool either way depending on how things work out.

The problem was that Sheif got a punch to the head and that would have given us a 5 on 3… no call, Connor was tripped at time of Vilardi high stick… no call. Before that Names in on a 2 on 1 gets taken out before he even touches the puck… no call. Just to name the major ones.

Pionk got massively interfered with as well.

tarozi

Oct 4, 2019
Yup reffing sucked, but we are the ugly step child of the NHL. No one besides us wants to see us play hockey. Our special teams are a concern, but the NHL has a real issue here. It's hard not to be jaded after watching the non calls against us.

I'm not even upset with our play, it just isn't at that level. We are getting exposed. We can't keep up with Colorado and are having issues trying to play our game. Our D zone is a mess and our forwards don't win the majority of battles. My eye test tells me we can't skate with these guys.

Full credit to the Avs, they are out playing us on every level. More skilled, bigger, faster and now they are playing with confidence. Ultimately their skilled guys are head and shoulders better than ours.

The Avs are a legit stanley cup contending team. It's not that we are complete garbage, we just aren't anything more than a hard working team with average skill. Having said that, it's time to move on from Ehlers and Apppleton and really focus on getting better players on our back end.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
For the record, Ehlers isn't the problem. Hellebuyck isn't the problem. This is a team-wide effect, exacerbated by coaching being unable to handle the speed and transition attack of the Avalanche. Bowness is being flat out outcoached by Bednar. It's that simple. Hopefully Bowness doesn't take his option, and retires with his wife to be with each other.

Oh, and please quit with the reffing and NHL conspiracies against us. We are better than that level of dross. Every team thinks the refs are out to get them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm a very biased SOB when it comes to the Jets but that reffing absolutely caused the outcome of this game. Nothing the Jets can do about it though but come out tomorrow pissed off and ready to play and get a win. LFG Jets.
Bad reffing no doubt, but the Jets are embarrassing themselves especially the “regular season netminder”!

Ehlers never shows up in the PO’s, so why would this seasons PO’s be any different!

Might as well play Perfetti, Kupari and Miller next game, what’s the difference

How is Appleton in the NHL again?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Bad reffing no doubt, but the Jets are embarrassing themselves especially the “regular season netminder”!

Ehlers never shows up in the PO’s, so why would this seasons PO’s be any different!

Ya i agree Helly, Ehlers both have to at least play to the levels that we know theycan play to, Appleton is pretty much useless out there unless he's skating hard all game and that's not happening.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Dostoyevsky found a warm place somewhere in the Sportsnet studio.

d19aabd6b4e01b9f142fa731e96ba26418603b4303a62aa5bc41e009123852d9_1.jpg

Let's Fyodor the #$$%& out of Game 4!!!

No comments really, everything that needed to be said has been said.

The team has been disciplined most of the year. They also had a season to work on mediocre-to-poor special teams. Both collide, and we have last night. Half a period in the box was deeply unfair, no idea how you call the Appleton and Vilardi w/o the KFC trip -- but you play the whistle, I guess.

Anyway. Time for Bowness to earn his postseason corn, and make adjustments to roster (Dillon) and tactics for Game 4. And time for the team to re-find their inner Pack of Wolves, and come out with the fury of Dostoevsky from the puck drop on Sunday.

This is it.

FWIW, I think they take the next one. Betting a round of 6-8 quid drinks at our overpriced local.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Let's Fyodor the #$$%& out of Game 4!!!

No comments really, everything that needed to be said has been said.

The team has been disciplined most of the year. They also had a season to work on mediocre-to-poor special teams. Both collide, and we have last night. Half a period in the box was deeply unfair, no idea how you call the Appleton and Vilardi w/o the KFC trip -- but you play the whistle, I guess.

Anyway. Time for Bowness to earn his postseason corn, and make adjustments to roster (Dillon) and tactics for Game 4. And time for the team to re-find their inner Pack of Wolves, and come out with the fury of Dostoevsky from the puck drop on Sunday.

This is it.
Well said.

Reactions: JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It's a series, we won our home opener, they won there's. Up until the 3rd, it was a good road game.
The missed reverse interference headshot from Nichushkin, roughing on Scheif were big misses.

If we can win the next game, and 5 on 5 we look good, then it's anyone's series

They are definitely taking physical liberties out there.

Dillon is out so does Miller or Stanley get the call?
I say Stan, Perfetti. I'd sit Appleton

Apples one of the 3rd line untouchables tho. Maybe 91 in for Gus and someone else moves around?

I think you bring in the guy with 5/6 points in his last 4 games if you can when scoring is an issue. But then you need to make some hard calls and look to balance the roster to make use of the vaunted depth.

I take no blame for this. I didn’t watch one second if the game.

You are having a helluva series. We thank you for your HFJets service.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We seem to have way to many players that would rather go around the wall than thru it, you saw it again last night the Avs did anything and everything to win the game crossing the line constantly where as the Jets waited till the end of the game to puff out their chests. This team needs more backbone and less passengers if they want success in the playoffs.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Apples one of the 3rd line untouchables tho. Maybe 91 in for Gus and someone else moves around?

I think you bring in the guy with 5/6 points in his last 4 games if you can when scoring is an issue. But then you need to make some hard calls and look to balance the roster to make use of the vaunted depth.

You are having a helluva series. We thank you for your HFJets service.

Bones is going to have to do things he's not comfortable with. His scheme and his vets aren't getting it done. He needs to move off of it and he needs to insert a hungry player in Cole.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Duhaumie is a pos . The avs in general are a cheap bunch of intetefetence running scuz bags but they have the Jets number.
They work much harder in general than the Jets do and have a true supetstar. The Jets don't.

They have 2 true superstars in MacK and Makar and honestly Rantanen is probably on par with or better than any player we have.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
This is the exact situation we signed brossoit for. As much as I love watching ehlers skating, he and pionk must go this summer.
I agree Ehlers has to be moved out. He is too soft for playoff hockey but can drive a line in the regular season.
Pionk needs to play 5/6 pairing minutes to be effective. He is on the decline.

They have 2 true superstars in MacK and Makar and honestly Rantanen is probably on par with or better than any player we have.
True how could I forget Makar. It just seems like MacKinnon is everwhere but they both are. Rantannen would be the best player on the Jets and Nituskin definitely in the top 5.

Reactions: hockeyarena

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
id say drop the probably on rantanen. really 4/5 top-5 players in this series are probably Avs once you add Val N.

the Jets depth was supposed to be their strength this series against a supposed top heavy team. i haven't seen that yet. also, the Avs D collectively are much better offensively than the Jets imo.

Reactions: Orrrules

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Another disappointing finish after a promising start.

I'm starting to think that we're simply outclassed by the AVS playing at their best. We can only hold them off for so long before the dam breaks under the pressure.

Hope I'm wrong.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

No mention of how poor Scheif was last night particularly with the egregious turnover at the offensive blueline that went the other way for a goal? What about how piss poor Villardi has been 5 on 5 and on the pp. No mention of the invisibility act that Nino and Toffoli have pulled this series? You always go after the same guys. Appleton wasn't great but he has been better than Nino and Toff.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You have to look at the rentals that Chevy brought in this year, 2 of them are way to slow for the game and don't do much and the third can't even get into the lineup.

All 3 are past their prime but we at least made some moves to try and bolster the lineup.

Reactions: sipowicz

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
All 3 are past their prime but we at least made some moves to try and bolster the lineup.
You can be past your prime and still contribute.

23 being brought in made sense aa long as expectations were tempered. He produced to end the season enough to justify. Don't think you can extend him to a long term deal like many were suggesting.

73 can score but brings zero else to the game. Jets pro scouting should have known that his game was beyond bad and that trade should never have been made. Will walk after the season, best to let some other team pay for that level of play,

Miller, deal made sense but they haven't even tried to give him a chance. Will sign somewhere else obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad