GDT: Game 50: Avs @ Oilers | Thursday, February 1st, 7pm MT | The end is near...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Landys been our best forward so far. His tag team partner tonight Tyson Barrie looks bad. Im an equal opportunist and watching Barrie right now not so good. He was good in Vancouver I felt for the most part.

Wasn't specifically directed at you. Its just every time I keep reading these GDTs, atleast one of these two guys is catching some flak for something almost everyone else gets a pass for

Barrie is clearly not as good as Zadorov or EJ in his own zone (and both of these guys are good for a brainfart once a game as well) but judging by these GDTs, he is a worse Marc-André Bergeron and Landeskog basically a slightly meaner Gabriel Bourque...

Just weird...

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Nurse might be a kind of a bust too? drafted as a top 10 dman or so? I remember when we were so high on Nurse...

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
giphy.gif

Reactions: BrickAHL

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I liked Wilsons game in the first period. If that line with him, Jost and Compher can be a puck hound line for us it helps tire defenders out.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wasn't specifically directed at you. Its just every time I keep reading these GDTs, atleast one of these two guys is catching some flak for something almost everyone else gets a pass for

Barrie is clearly not as good as Zadorov or EJ in his own zone (and both of these guys are good for a brainfart once a game as well) but judging by these GDTs, he is a worse Marc-André Bergeron and Landeskog basically a slightly meaner Gabriel Bourque...

Just weird...

Woah, woah....Bergeron had a way better shot.

Reactions: JoemAvs

member 116861

I was only able to watch the last 7 minutes but better than I thought it would be.

member 116861

Doug McLean saying the Avs are looking for a winger in return for Tyson Barrie that can play with Mackinnon so Mackinnon can take the next step in his game. I'm excited to see 140 point Mackinnon with this new super winger.

Is it even possible for MacKinnon to get better wingers than he already has?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Doug McLean saying the Avs are looking for a winger in return for Tyson Barrie that can play with Mackinnon so Mackinnon can take the next step in his game. I'm excited to see 140 point Mackinnon with this new super winger.

Yeah that did not make a whole lot sense.

Only thing I can see is that they know that the Avs have asked for Marner or Nylander in return and obviously these guys would bump down the lowly linemates Doug MacLean does not know anything about.

So it clearly must be about getting someone to help MacKinnon reach his 2 PPG canadian self...

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Honestly, a two-way line of Landy-Jost-Compher would be amazing in the future.

Yeah?
I still don't like Jost as a center. Especially in a shutdown role. He would have to improve his skating ten-fold and his defensive game by quite a bit before I would be happy with that. Otherwise I think that wouldn't be pretty.

I still think that our future #2 C will come via the draft in the next 2 years. (Veleno the guy this year that could work or one of the million quality Center prospects next year)...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00