Campbell

Scratches
Greene, Nolan, Purcell

Injuries
Gaborik, Quick, Zatkoff

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
It probably doesn't belong in this thread, but I just want to give a tip of the cap to Scott Hartnell.

Since that guy has gotten here, he just keeps getting paired with kids and rookies. It seemed like the line of Dano-Wennberg-Hartnell played really well given the inexperience. After the Dano trade, he stayed with Wennberg but didn't really get a high-profile (for the CBJ) line mate. Now here he is paired with Karlsson and Anderson. And that line showed some pop and moxie in the Dallas Stars game on Saturday evening.

He came here, not by his choice, after planning on finishing his career in Philadelphia. He watched his best buddy Timmo, get moved and win a cup in his final season. He was the subject of numerous trade rumors. Over the summer, he put his foot down and verbally planted the flag. "On this beach.....here is where it happens" (my words - not his .....and sorry for being overly dramatic).

Never once during all of this, did that guy complain or grouse. Within hours of coming here, he reaches in his pocket and sponsors 10 local kids to his summer camp. He just continues to battle....stand up for teammates, work hard and set a good example for, and bring out the best in, those that are paired with him......regardless of who it is.

Congrats and THANK YOU Scotty Hartnell. You are a stand up professional!!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Hopefully I can watch the game, but my sleeping schedule has been terrible lately and I'm hoping to get it back to normal so I might end up sleeping through this.

I'm thinking a CBJ win considering our special teams recent performances and LAK's lack of a decent goalie.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Names I never expected to see again on an NHL roster:

Setoguchi, Devin.

The Monsters beat enough of the guys on that roster in the spring; let's hope it continues tonight!

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Hopefully the Jackets aren't over-confident after their last two outings. Seems like the games in L.A. are always close and low-scoring.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Let's get over .500 and never look back!

Boy that Kings forward lineup looks just meh to me. The bottom-6 is pretty gross. We should be able to use our speed and roll all four lines to exploit them.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
We never lost with Sedlak in our line up.
2-1 Jackets same last season.
Although i forgot who scored in that game. Hartnell, Campbell perhaps.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Names I never expected to see again on an NHL roster:

Setoguchi, Devin.

The Monsters beat enough of the guys on that roster in the spring; let's hope it continues tonight!

Seto has been really good with Pearson and Carter. A very welcome surprise.

Always keep an eye on Columbus, I like a lot of what the team has so should be a fun game to watch tonight. For LA it will come down to keeping the puck in the offensive zone to limit the amount of shots on Budaj.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Cautiously optimistic that the Jackets can at least have a good showing. They're a young team, so the season is likely to have drastic ups and downs, but at least it seems like they're heading in the right direction.

I'm going to be at the game tonight - Section 108. Not sure if I'm going to Anaheim (it's a long haul down there with traffic).

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not sure what time I pop in with WS game 1 tonight and not sure if I'll be downtown for the party but hopefully I get to catch some. 4-1 jackets win with Werenski keeping his production going and Saad lighting up the lamp.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I have to miss this one for work :/
What I really want to see is a highlight reel with Carter getting his face punched in. Make it happen guys! Oh, and win. That'd be good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad