GDT: GAME 5 - Calgary FLAMES @ Vancouver CANUCKS (8PM MST, via CBC & FAN960)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
11174883_10152805356987405_6726511436095898047_n.jpg

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good luck tonight, I'm jumping on the bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs now that the Jets are out. Hoping the Flames take the Ducks out in the second round, the NHL deserves a Kesler-free playoffs haha.

seasontixholder*

Having lived in Calgary, they are my second favorite team. Winnipeg is home for me and they are done. Come on Calgary finish off the Nucks. Can't stand them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The coach in Utica was Sven's coach in Portland. He's turned it around from what I hear.

Which is bad for us right now.
He's played a small handful of games where he produced. He's done that many times in the AHL.

Sven being in the line-up is great for us. Throw a couple big hits in his direction he will retreat for fast we would mistake him for being from France.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Derek Wills‏@Fan960Wills26s26 seconds ago

#Flames Mark Giordano is participating in morning skate. He's started to handle the puck, making passes, taking wrist shots. Good progress

Please, please, please be true. Certainly hope we can use him if we make it past Vancouver.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
He's played a small handful of games where he produced. He's done that many times in the AHL.

Sven being in the line-up is great for us. Throw a couple big hits in his direction he will retreat for fast we would mistake him for being from France.

Don't forget the chances for lazy holding penalties!

When Sven was here, I wanted him put in a position to succeed, now that he's not a Flame. **** 'em.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I was a big Sven supporter when he was here and always felt he would finally come together as our 2nd line LW behind Johnny.

I would have still followed him had he gone to a different team. It was hard that he got traded to a rival, but hey, they gave us the best offer, I'd take the best offer too.

I still wished him the best until his comments about us not allowing him to play his game. I hope plays awful, that entitled piece of crap is going down tonight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

sven to make series debut

sven baertschi will make his first playoff appearance against his former team tonight.

It was thought the 22-year-old might play game 4 in calgary after taking warmups but canucks coach willie desjardins opted for richmond, b.c. Native brandon mcmillan instead.

it's miller time

ryan miller will get his first start of the 2015 post-season tonight in vancouver.

The veteran netminder replaced eddie lack in game 4 after the first period when lack surrendered three goals on seven shots.

Miller turned in a strong performance in the final two periods in game 4 stopping all 13 shots he faced despite only seeing action in one game -- the canucks final regular season game --since being sidelined with a knee ailment on feb. 22 in a game versus the new york islanders.

solving hiller

after scoring just three goals in the past two games, vancouver is looking to get their offence going tonight.

The lack of offence always seems to come back to the production levels of daniel and henrik sedin, who have combined for four points in the series.

"i think the sedins have been real good in this series, they just haven’t scored," desjardins said. They’ve had chances but haven’t scored. Sometimes that happens. You never know. You just don’t know and that’s playoff hockey.

For henrik, the solution is simple.

"shoot the puck past hiller or the goal line," he smiled. "we are going to keep doing the same things. There are things we can change and do differently to create some more chances and maybe more open ice for us, but i think we’ve had enough chances to put enough pucks in the net to win games and we haven’t done that so far. That’s on us and the only thing we can do is go out there tonight and score a few."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad