GDT: GAME 5 - Calgary FLAMES @ Vancouver CANUCKS (8PM MST, via CBC & FAN960)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
It will be interesting to see which Baertschi shows up tonight. The guy who at 18 scored 3 goals in 5 games or the guy who struggled ever since.

The coach in Utica was Sven's coach in Portland. He's turned it around from what I hear.

Which is bad for us right now.

Deleted member 250185

I'm really tempted to go to this game, but man I hate going to Vancouver...

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Gotta be honest, I really didn't think you guys had a chance in this series. Thought that this was a team that should just be happy to be in the playoffs, whereas the Canucks had/have a lot to play for. I give this team major props for coming together down the stretch. Good luck tonight.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I have a feeling he'll get an assist tonight because he's being spoon-fed 2nd line minutes.

I have a feeling he won't break the ten minute mark in TOI.

The coach in Utica was Sven's coach in Portland. He's turned it around from what I hear.

Ignoring the first 7 AHL games (while he was pouting :sarcasm: ) he was nearly PPG in Adirondack and PPG in Utica.

I don't think anything has turned around.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
In his games with the Canucks this season he played much the same way as he did with the Flames. Lackluster.

I only watched their game vs the Oilers and he lit them up. We'll see what happens tonight. If playing against your former team, in the playoffs, in an elimination game doesn't light a fire under his ass then nothing will, I suppose.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Random Sabres fan here, pulling for you guys :handclap:

Your turnaround kinda reminds me of how the Sabres took everyone by storm after the 2005 lockout with a bunch of kids and some steady vets. Keep it rollin, Flames! :yo:

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
sven is in tonight? ohhh heck yeah

predicting the first line will have a big game tonight. Johnny and Money are both clutch as ****

also predicting a fight involving Ferdaddy

oh

I'm guessing 40 shots of Willie Lack every time Miller makes a save, just because

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster

That's good for Sven. He never worked out for us, and 28 other teams wanted nothing to do with him. There is still a reason the Canucks are the only team that would take him on.

He's talented no doubt, but I still think the Flames win this series.

Tonight will be close, too close to call.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Main board lols.

2rcucd2.jpg

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I hope we come out flying tonight that way they will just collapse. Hopefully Bieksa gets rocked hard I hate that smug piece of ****.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That's good for Sven. He never worked out for us, and 28 other teams wanted nothing to do with him. There is still a reason the Canucks are the only team that would take him on.

Canucks giving up the most for him =/= the Canucks being the only team that would take him.

Honestly, Baertschi scoring a hat trick would be complete worth it just by the reactions on here.

Ticonderoga

For the Watch
Jul 17, 2007
New Westminster
Canucks giving up the most for him =/= the Canucks being the only team that would take him.

Honestly, Baertschi scoring a hat trick would be complete worth it just by the reactions on here.

The comments, and if I can remember correctly was they were the best offer by a mile. Also the rumoured scouting reports mentioned that teams did not want him near their players.

So, if the 2nd round pick offered to us was the best offer by a mile, or a long shot (I can't remember the direct quote), then the other offers must not have been very flattering towards the Flames or to Sven. To me, if a offensively talented first round pick gains that kind of notoriety, and the offers are rather paltry then I do not think my comment is that off base.

Of course I am estimating on the gap between the 2nd we acquired and what was the next best offer, but based off of the comments i would think it would be below a 3rd round choice, or equivalent.

I guess I could rephrase, the Canucks are the only team that seriously wanted him, and believed in him.

If he scores 3 goals then I will literally cry in my shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad