GDT: Game 46: Columbus at Ottawa | 1/22 5PM

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I think werenski will miss a game or two if he had a foot injury. The swelling could make it hard to put his skate on. Who would come up? Ramage has played well down there, Kukan has played bad down there but decent up here.

We need to hope that Savard and/or Nutivaara are close to returning to action...or else we may need to look at trading for a rental D if Werenski is out too.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Once he gets that skate off I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a few games.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zach sit the next two games anyway. You've got NYI and NSH coming up, Bob will probably start both, and then the All-Star break. Give the kid a few days to rest the ankle, watch from the press box, and then have a weekend break for the ASG and maybe that will be enough to heal up and recharge the batteries.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
We need to hope that Savard and/or Nutivaara are close to returning to action...or else we may need to look at trading for a rental D if Werenski is out too.

The All Star break is coming up. We have two games in the nex 8 days. I think we will be fine

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
A little perspective, after 46 games we are 30 points ahead of last year at the same point and 23 points ahead of 2014-2015.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't mind seeing Stanton or Kukan (or whoever has been playing well in Cleveland) for a couple games. You've got to test the depth.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
So now this horrible team is 18 points from being knocked out of the playoffs. The past two weeks have been a train wreck at times but can we please take a deep breath and look at the big picture. They need to work on a lot of things but this is a young team that has a lot to learn. They are in a pretty good position to be going through this process.

Great perspective.

The only thing that matters to me at this point is that the team continues to learn and grow. I don't really care if they slide a bit to come back to the pack. That's probably going to happen over time anyway. What is important to me is that they continue to learn and believe that when they play their game, they can beat anyone. That's the important stuff when the real games begin.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I think werenski will miss a game or two if he had a foot injury. The swelling could make it hard to put his skate on. Who would come up? Ramage has played well down there, Kukan has played bad down there but decent up here.

Sifers has been the best d from the games I have seen. Him or Heatherington

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Korpi makes outstanding stops but then lets stuff through stuff he shouldn't. He wasn't that great but in his defense the Jackets gave up a boatload of quality chances, especially in the 2nd. CMac would've probably given up 8 goals. Korpi is athletic but also gangly and he flops around a lot.

My main concern with the team has been the effort level flagging for huge swaths of the game.

But whatever, it's about halfway through the season and it's a win against a good team that took some persistence. And they played with more effort than last night. On to the next one.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
I realize that, I've just had enough of watching big number 47...
He had 3 assists and was +5 this weekend. He's not worse than most of the 3rd pairing defensemen in the NHL. But keep sending your roster change requests.

The Jackets have scored 7 or more goals for the 4th time this season. For the 1st time in franchise history. They're #1 in the NHL right now. But people keep whining and complaining.

The day they win the Cup I gonna stop by just to read how badly their back-up goalie looked on the bench or how a 3rd pairing defenseman made a couple turnovers.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
He had 3 assists and was +5 this weekend. He's not worse than most of the 3rd pairing defensemen in the NHL. But keep sending your roster change requests.

The Jackets have scored 7 or more goals for the 4th time this season. For the 1st time in franchise history. They're #1 in the NHL right now. But people keep whining and complaining.

The day they win the Cup I gonna stop by just to read how badly their back-up goalie looked on the bench or how a 3rd pairing defenseman made a couple turnovers.

Lol ok

cbjpointman

It begins here
Mar 11, 2006
Great perspective.

The only thing that matters to me at this point is that the team continues to learn and grow. I don't really care if they slide a bit to come back to the pack. That's probably going to happen over time anyway. What is important to me is that they continue to learn and believe that when they play their game, they can beat anyone. That's the important stuff when the real games begin.

This.

And listen to Torts in the post game interviews. He's all over the youth and growing thing. Of course he's frustrated now, but you can tell he understands his job is to coach and teach this younger team to win. They've put themselves in a good place to learn these lessons. Enjoy.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Can someone explain to me how Washington is ahead of us in the standings?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?page=nhl/tiebreakers

Bullet point 3 explains it.

But now I'm confused again. It seems as if we are in a virtual tie. :laugh:

Coin flip and they won?

Edit: We have played 2 games in Washington and one here. Since the first game in Washington is eliminated according to bullet point 3, Washington earned 1 point in the game here and two points in the 5-0 victory for 3 points. We earned 2 points in the OT win. Seems weird but that's the way I read it.

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Cray cray.

Thing is, during the heady days of the streak, it was accepted that the team was bound to hit adversity. Well, losing a game or two isn't really adversity. THIS is adversity, the relatively uneven play of the last couple weeks. This is the monster under the bed, and now that it's here, it's not really that bad. I mean, way to win tonight, when entering the 3rd down 2 goals! We weren't going to stay insulated from play from the Jackets that makes us as fans really fret- but the team is still waaaaay up in the standings.

I don't know what some of you expect, really.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I really hope this coaching staff recognizes how solid Harrington has played, he had a goal and atleast one assist tonight on that long outlet pass to Hartnell who set up Sedlak. In my opinion, with him and Nuti we are set atleast until the deadline. If they want to pick up a top 4 d to play in the playoffs thats ok in my book but I like the depth. I remain with the same outlook, if this team can score goals, we are VERY good. Great goalie and good defense core with Savard back in the lineup.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Was everyone's skate laces tied? Ottawa had theirs tightened but the Blue Jackets got their laces in control in the third. Do not take off your skates during breaks... the answer is in the room. The zamboni had a good game as usual in Ottawa. Were there enough sausages for sale... for everyone?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Cray cray.

Thing is, during the heady days of the streak, it was accepted that the team was bound to hit adversity. Well, losing a game or two isn't really adversity. THIS is adversity, the relatively uneven play of the last couple weeks. This is the monster under the bed, and now that it's here, it's not really that bad. I mean, way to win tonight, when entering the 3rd down 2 goals! We weren't going to stay insulated from play from the Jackets that makes us as fans really fret- but the team is still waaaaay up in the standings.

I don't know what some of you expect, really.

Not only that, remember how pretty much everyone on this board was saying right after the streak that all we had to do was play .500 hockey and we would end up with, what was it, 108 pts? And they would be good with that? Well, we are playing .500 hockey since the streak. Those were good times.

Funny Torts post game interview. He didn't want to bang on Korpi. Talked about how he made some great saves, and about how many scoring chances the Sens had. Not happy at all about all those scoring chances. Also not happy at all about how we checked. I mean he just had that look when he mentioned that. Both my wife and I looked at each other and said "oh ****, he's pissed".

There is a strategy to how Korpi and Forsberg are playing up here. The FO wants them to play like **** for a bit so Las Vegas won't take either one in the expansion draft. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad