GDT: Game 45: Sharks @ Avalanche | January 23th, 7pm MT, 3am Polish: Threat level midnight

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think Gelinas would be a far worse option with a likely poor mentality on the Rampage than Siemens is. It would also hurt us cap wise to send Gelinas down and call Siemens up. They aren't going to send Colborne down either. AS for qualifying Siemens I don't see the issue with that. I would love for him to get an opportunity too and I think it's well deserved but even if that never happens I think it was a good idea to qualify him and let him being an important part of the Rampage.

There's rarely a perfect time in life to do anything as you suggested, but I see March 1 as an absolutely perfect time to call the kids up. Looking at guys like Gelinas/Colborne and hoping for the kids to replace them just isn't going to happen. The UFA rentals are the ones they will replace.

They don't need to send anyone down. Put one of the three injured on IR.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Isn't San Antonio also losing? I don't think it would be much different for players being called up when both Avs and Rampage are a losing team

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They don't need to send anyone down. Put one of the three injured on IR.

Considering the cap space currently, they'd have to LTIR somebody to get a ~700+k cap hit to come up. Semantics, but there is more than just calling up a player. It would likely have to be EJ going on LTIR.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm sure that post-deadline we'll need to call loads of players up so that will probably render all of this arguing moot.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's 700k full value, not present value. Doubt they LTIR anyone with the move they make today

The daily rate also matters. A team cannot exceed a daily average as well. Yeah a ~700k contract only counts for ~300k on a yearly basis, but the per day matters as well as there can't be a day where their per day average exceeds the maximum for the season (something like 406k per day). Each day over that average results in a penalty (some can be severe). Though the Avs have banked, so they might be able to squeeze a touch more in. What that would do though is eat away at the banking. Say the Avs daily payroll was 410k without LTIR, it would eat away 4k per day of banking. LTIR would allow them to not take away from the banking they have already had (I don't know what that currently is, but I'd guess ~1.3-1.4m)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, I can definitely see Greer, Compher, and Bigras coming up together when the purge finally (hopefully?) takes place. Wouldn't mind seeing Henley up here, too, as the 4C for the remaining games down the stretch if by some miracle John Mitchell is traded.

Ideally Iginla, Bourque, Mitchell, and Tyutin are replaced by Greer, Compher, Henley, and Bigras. Wouldn't mind Grimaldi being up, too, but I don't think Bednar is a big fan of his given how his initial stint here went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad