GDT: Game 41: St. Louis at Columbus 4/12 7:00PM EDT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After a good night's sleep I realize that last night's game was one of the Jackets best in a long, long, time. Bounce back from a very early goal, 2 great goals by Gabby & Arty and even Umbie's no goal where janckman robbed him. Bob was Bob, Great PK. :handclap:

PS -while I admire Calvert's cojones someone should remind him of Brass' problems resulting form picking on bigger guys.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
Can anyone explain the hate on that bloggers/tweeters had for the crowd doing the wave last night? I mean yes, it's kind of goofy but the crowd WAS INTO IT! I've been a STH since for three years now and that was the best crowd since the 8-1 beating on the Blues in 2010.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
For the longest time I have thought, "Columbus will never be a Hockey town". Kudos for proving me wrong last night, that building was electric.

Edit: Forgot about the wave, not quite a hockey town yet :sarcasm:

And all the hate comes from the fact they were doing it during play. baseball is one thing, but for every person to stand up and block your view during play shouldn't be allowed.

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Can anyone explain the hate on that bloggers/tweeters had for the crowd doing the wave last night? I mean yes, it's kind of goofy but the crowd WAS INTO IT! I've been a STH since for three years now and that was the best crowd since the 8-1 beating on the Blues in 2010.

I did not participate in the wave. Save the wave for baseball where there is nothing to actually watch happening 98% of the time.

Once the wave stopped, I muttered, "good, can we watch the hockey game now?" The guy in front of me turned and said "Thank you, that's was embarassing to see at an NHL game."

Great crowd, but the wave... ugh.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
The wave was started by a very supportive group behind the shoot once net. They tried to go clockwise 2 or 3 times where it fizzled out in the section behind the CBJ bench. They then went counterclockwise and it took off.

Don't care who doesnt like it. The energy and enthusiasm has returned to Nationwide Arena. It was great to see a majority of the arena have some fun.

Great night for me: I was one of the winners of the ipads last night. :)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No, it was most definitely Samkow.

Beauty.

Don't care for the wave. Don't care for dancing Kevin. Don't care for the chili chant (which is not the same as saying I don't like when the team scores three goals).

I am not opposed to loud, standing, excited, involved, engaged fans. So I guess I'll take that stuff.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Another "Lighten up Francis" moment?

I've always taken the wave at a hockey game to be the ultimate insult to the opponent - ie, we're beating you so thoroughly that we're bored enough to do the wave

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I've always taken the wave at a hockey game to be the ultimate insult to the opponent - ie, we're beating you so thoroughly that we're bored enough to do the wave

I always see the wave as an insult to whatever sport it appears in - cheering for the action is not enough, they have to become the action. But then, I'm worse than DSL, I dislike almost all forms of organized fan participation. I don't run things, though, so I just put up with all the many things that annoy me. My poor wife has to hear me grumble, but she already knows I'm an old poop.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
:laugh:...can't complain about the team, so now people complain about the fans.

Let's drop the wave and banging on the glass and go back to 9,000 fans sitting on there hands watching a lame, half-hearted team lose game in, game out.:nod:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Really? Where discussing the wave in the crowd as an insult to players? I bet they didn't even notice. and if they did, who cares?

I didn't participate because I find it kinda tacky, but the arena was really into it and it was a playoff type atmosphere. We're there to have fun, whats the harm in that?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
:laugh:...can't complain about the team, so now people complain about the fans.

Let's drop the wave and banging on the glass and go back to 9,000 fans sitting on there hands watching a lame, half-hearted team lose game in, game out.:nod:

*tries to figure out why it has to be either-or*

Really? Where discussing the wave in the crowd as an insult to players? I bet they didn't even notice. and if they did, who cares?

I didn't participate because I find it kinda tacky, but the arena was really into it and it was a playoff type atmosphere. We're there to have fun, whats the harm in that?

*looks for where someone said it's an insult to the players*

*sees people complaining about complaining*

*remembers he's on an internet message forum*

Never mind.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
People were having fun last night, wtf. Yea, the wave is so passe, but if they want to resurrect it for 1 night, I really don't give a ****. Banging on the glass, don't care.

We are winning.

Live and let live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad