GDT: Game 41: St. Louis at Columbus 4/12 7:00PM EDT

RickS

Sep 19, 2005
I always see the wave as an insult to whatever sport it appears in - cheering for the action is not enough, they have to become the action. But then, I'm worse than DSL, I dislike almost all forms of organized fan participation. I don't run things, though, so I just put up with all the many things that annoy me. My poor wife has to hear me grumble, but she already knows I'm an old poop.

I'm with you-if the team plays well, fans will cheer without help. Don't need organized. Banging on the glass when the team scores is just another way for an individual to cheer. Banging incessantly during play is just plain distracting and a form of "look at me." But, like you say, we're not in charge, so we just move on. The cheering in my basement last night was exceptionally loud, and I was watching by myself. Let's hope for a repeat tonight!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan here:

Congrats on the win last night. I'm really pulling for the Blue Jackets to knock Detroit out of the 8th spot. I believe the team will pull it off, and could make life uncomfortable for Chicago in the first round.

You have a good one in Jarmo, and JD did a heck of a job turning the Blues around. With the stockpile of draft picks in such a loaded draft, a solid foundation to build on, and the move to the East...its going to be easy to root for Columbus. Good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad