GDT: Game 41: Columbus at Tampa Bay | 1/13 8PM

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Tip of the cap to Korpi for keeping us in the game, especially that 1st period. Had several nice saves throughout the game, couple lucky breaks. Another key was that he looked composed in net today as compared to Forsberg. I'm not going to guarantee "he's back" or we found our backup goalie just yet, but he's given himself another serious shot/look at the job (which looks to be tomorrow)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm fortunate to know him personally as well. I have been a guest of his to a few games and he and his wife have actually watched my son even. I refrain from bashing him. He does goof, but since I watch a lot of feeds from other teams, he doesn't really mess up much more than most other broadcasts IMO. He does seem to have nights where he is more off than others, but given the speed of the game and some of the names, I can see why it happens.

He is truly a nice guy and it is a lot of fun talking hockey with him.

I'm hoping to see him in Buffalo in March, one of my six grand daughter's love him....I will txt him when there...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Yeah, I know he has like 10 or 11 starts or such. Its just a shame for him to play so well and know he's never gonna be more than he currently is with who is ahead of him.

Good problem for us as fans to have. Not so good for him.

Who is ahead of him has nothing to do with it. He is repeatedly getting chances and failing to seize them. That's on him. Even if we didn't really have any other option, with how he's played in the NHL, the team would still demote him and then go acquire someone else.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Korp is NHL ready...... play him...

The good news,he's not injured or sick like Bob seems to be all the time...

You know.....when you are going to be silly or knee jerk like that you really need to put some emoji or smilies with that.

Because you can't be serious. Look at the goaltending stats and see who has the most starts and most wins this season.

I certainly hope you were drunk when you posted this. It is fairly easy to recover from being drunk. The only other condition to explain this is much more difficult to recover from.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How is Karlsson playing this season so far? And how would you people describe his playing-style?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
:)

Jeff does make mistakes now and then but this I can say, he's respected for calling professional hockey across the league... And, a very nice guy too!! He gave me a game once because that's the type of guy he is!!!

We are lucky to have Jeff Rimer calling our games...

He is a great guy. Before JD left the Blues, I was chatting with Rimmer and mentioned that my wife and I were planning on doing a road trip to St. Louis with another couple to see the CBJ play my former favorite team. He asked me if we had our tickets yet, and I said no. He told me not to buy tickets, that he would get me four from his good buddy John Davidson. Sure enough he got me four lower bowl tickets from JD. Great seats. Great game also. Came back from down 3-1 in the 3rd, but sadly lost in the SO. Still, stole a point.

Great to see Korpi have a good game. I am still not writing off Forsberg. He is still young.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
If there was something going on with Bob beyond being sick, they wouldn't have sent Forsberg back down.

The Crud (technical term lol) going around Columbus lasts about 2 weeks. So I was pretty surprised Bob was scheduled to play last night.
Again I'm guessing with proper treatment maybe it's only 7-10 days but it's effects lungs and breathing so it would be tough for an athlete to be at 100%.

Again big assumption on my part on what he has - but seems like in our office (35 people) that just about everyone has had it between December and January.

section 204

Jun 26, 2008
Sorry if I missed this, but anyone know what the jostling on the bench between Anderson and Nutivaara was all about?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well at least the question of the identity of the backup goalie seems to have been solved. Indeed, with Bob & Korpisalo we are looking pretty strong in net.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Korp is NHL ready...... play him...

The good news, he's not injured or sick like Bob seems to be all the time...

Robert.. reassess this comment for me. I want you to look at minutes played through the first 30 games this season vs the guy in New Jersey named Martin Broduer - Bob has been an iron man.. bring up Korpi / bring up Forsberg and give them both some NHL experience but we do need have a better rotation than we have had this year. That means having a backup that has a reasonable probability of winning correct? I also think Korpi can be that guy.. but Bob is by no means fragile this year.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
He's been great, especially on the PK. He's played a fast, intelligent game and for the most part has played with Calvert and Anderson - which has been a great possession line.

Personally, I'm just waiting for him to break out offensively much like Wennberg has. It's too bad though because I feel he's the one that's most likely Vegas bound

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
PP made a nice adjustment with having 8 just take it with speed and gain the zone instead of the half speed drop back play which teams have adjusted to.

That is the answer. Both 8 and 3 can carry the puck into the ozone if the pk commits to stopping the drop. Bring the puck with speed straight to the net that will make that pk back off at the blue line and look to be more defensive

MephistoIV

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Sorry if I missed this, but anyone know what the jostling on the bench between Anderson and Nutivaara was all about?

Anderson was excited we won and he's an energetic fella. Nutivaara was next to him and he's slightly less energetic but still happy we won. So, Josh playfully pushed on him to celebrate the win and Markus sort of pushed back. At least that's what I saw.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Robert.. reassess this comment for me. I want you to look at minutes played through the first 30 games this season vs the guy in New Jersey named Martin Broduer - Bob has been an iron man.. bring up Korpi / bring up Forsberg and give them both some NHL experience but we do need have a better rotation than we have had this year. That means having a backup that has a reasonable probability of winning correct? I also think Korpi can be that guy.. but Bob is by no means fragile this year.

It's good to have Robert back posting here, but take any of his late night/early morning posts with a grain of salt.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Anderson was excited we won and he's an energetic fella. Nutivaara was next to him and he's slightly less energetic but still happy we won. So, Josh playfully pushed on him to celebrate the win and Markus sort of pushed back. At least that's what I saw.

That was my take too. Anderson is one hell of a talent, and admittedly I didn't see it even with Monster fans saying it repeatedly.

Anderson, Karlsson are hellaciously talented players.. don't want to lose anyone give up some draft picks

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
He's been great, especially on the PK. He's played a fast, intelligent game and for the most part has played with Calvert and Anderson - which has been a great possession line.

Personally, I'm just waiting for him to break out offensively much like Wennberg has. It's too bad though because I feel he's the one that's most likely Vegas bound

It's going to suck to lose either Bill or Josh - I think we need to look at other alternatives - like given draft picks. Wild Bill just turned 24 and he is such a great team player - I heard him interviewed after he got the goal on the 2nd PP unit and he said that he has been working hard to make Torts give him time. That is how you raise the level of play on an entire team. Work towards getting more minutes. Love the kid, he has a nose for the puck, and for the net

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad