Game #40: Kings vs. Blackhawks - 12/30/13 - Regulation Loss, 1-0 Chi-Town Strokefest

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
So we can all agree it's some combo of Lewis, Clifford, Frattin, and Fraser that need to be moved for a LW, right? Is there really anything else to discuss?

Those four won't return much. Gotta be one of those plus Pearson/Vey and a 1st to be for anything decent

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
So we can all agree it's some combo of Lewis, Clifford, Frattin, and Fraser that need to be moved for a LW, right? Is there really anything else to discuss?

Who is going to want any of those guys?

Teams employ pro scouts, they all see just how hopeless Clifford is. Kings would be looking at a pick or gambling with someone elses equally disappointing player.

Lewis is a 4th line pk'er with an offensive game of a goon.

Frattin has done nothing as an NHL'er and isn't exactly a kid.

Fraser is a waiver wire talent.

Dean is going to need to part with some of these prospects or he is looking at getting beaten in 4-5 by Chicago again, or even earlier by one of our CA rivals.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings are pretty much stuck with this roster till managment wants to promote Vey/Pearson backup.

I think the kopitar/carter experiment should end . Kings can't be a one line team.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I think its more like move two of lewis frattin fraser bring up person vey Down goes jones activate Quick call it a day. I think adding the skill of vey and pearson is all this team needs.

Oh Snap

Very Wet Island
Jan 21, 2008
California, USA
Those four won't return much. Gotta be one of those plus Pearson/Vey and a 1st to be for anything decent

Addition by subtraction.

Vey is MORE than capable of playing at this level. Waive Fraser, you wont get anything of value for him via trade anyways.

Trade Lewis/Clifford for picks.

I would still like to see Frattin more before I come to a conclusion about him.

With those 3 gone we could role a lineup like this.

King - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Carter (Richards needs Carter... its just science)
Frattin - Vey - Toffoli (Vey and Toffoli showed chemistry)
Carcillo - Stoll - Nolan

That should hold us over until we add a true top line LW.

Vanek - Kopitar - Williams
Brown-Richards-Carter
King-Vey-Toffoli
Frattin-Stoll-Nolan

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I think its more like move two of lewis frattin fraser bring up person vey Down goes jones activate Quick call it a day. I think adding the skill of vey and pearson is all this team needs.

Why is Clifford not lumped in with the rest of the garbage?

Kings already have the player that Clifford was drafted to be, Nolan is better than Clifford and actually seems to be progressing as he enters his prime years, unlike Benjamin Button who gets worse with each game.

No need to have both in the lineup.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Addition by subtraction.

Vey is MORE than capable of playing at this level. Waive Fraser, you wont get anything of value for him via trade anyways.

Trade Lewis/Clifford for picks.

I would still like to see Frattin more before I come to a conclusion about him.

With those 3 gone we could role a lineup like this.

King - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Carter (Richards needs Carter... its just science)
Frattin - Vey - Toffoli (Vey and Toffoli showed chemistry)
Carcillo - Stoll - Nolan

That should hold us over until we add a true top line LW.

Vanek - Kopitar - Williams
Brown-Richards-Carter
King-Vey-Toffoli
Frattin-Stoll-Nolan

Frattin can't play the left side, that is dead ,gone ,not coming back.

He can barely play the right side in the Kings system.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Coach doesn't appear to be concerned:

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 39s
Sutter: "I'm not going to lose any sleep over how we played."

Its the best team in the league , I mean Sutter watched the same game.

Kings aren't beating this Hawks team with this roster. Scotty Bowmen could be coaching the Kings probably still lose.

Now I know how Blues fans feel

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Why is Clifford not lumped in with the rest of the garbage?

Kings already have the player that Clifford was drafted to be, Nolan is better than Clifford and actually seems to be progressing as he enters his prime years, unlike Benjamin Button who gets worse with each game.

No need to have both in the lineup.

I happen to see the use of Clifford you don't i know. Unlike you i see clifford physical game as a plus. He does have some offensive upside. I however think that he needs to play more with higher quality players. He plays only 10 mins a game I have confidence that if he play 12 -15 mins you would see his usefullness. He is there to were down the opponets not to score goals. He is also coming along nicely on the pk I can see the day when he gets more mins on the pk in the future. Him and nolan would work really well with a better center (vey or stoll whoever end up with them)

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Kings need to get some rumors going so hopefully it will get some guys going. Like the Brown rumors in '12.

Carts/Richie need to be united, cos Richie is just not cutting it. Bropitar should get reunited as well, maybe it'll get Brown going. :help:

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Just gotta shake my head at Lewis. He basically stickhandled the puck onto Chicago's stick all night.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Oh yea, and I knew we were going to lose tonight, not because we're playing Chicago, but because there was no Amart pixie dust!!!! Guaranteed loss right there.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Clifford-Richards-Toffoli line was playing just fine. Not setting the world on fire, but as a line, they played well.

I have no idea, why he would break them up and insert Lewis.

Lewis should ONLY play 4C and nothing else, as far as I'm concerned.

CertainAffinity*

Good game guys.

I'm not going to do the whole 'coming in peace' thing and offer a nice 'chin-up guys' comment. Cause it's patronizing, and fans of good teams don't have the patience for it.

I just wanted to say 'good game', that I respect the hell out of your team, hope we meet in the playoffs again, and always circle the games between us on the calendar. It's fun to watch two of the best put it all out there.

Till next time.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
1st we don't need another player for our top 6. We need a strong capable player to play 3rd LW.

We also need an upgrade to our 4rth line C in Vey but that is a whole other morpo.

I hang tonights loss on DS and crew. They are big boys and DS seems to be fine with how we played. Well I thought we played a good game too but I am not even close to fine with the outcome and neither should our coaching staff be.

The Blues and other teams beat the Hawks with hardcore physical play and determination. They use their beating attitude and hard hitting check finishing play to cause the Hawks to have to try different things to compete.

We play a different style of game which is great against most teams in the league so long as we play our system perfectly and that can carry us past everyone except the elite of the elite.

It is time we develop our system in order to be able to play certain teams a bit differently and that hangs on the coaching staff. It would be nice and even prudent to bring in a legit 3rd LW to the team but that will only do so much for us imo. We will still need to improve our actual system against the Hawks if we plan on beating them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Good game guys.

I'm not going to do the whole 'coming in peace' thing and offer a nice 'chin-up guys' comment. Cause it's patronizing, and fans of good teams don't have the patience for it.

I just wanted to say 'good game', that I respect the hell out of your team, hope we meet in the playoffs again, and always circle the games between us on the calendar. It's fun to watch two of the best put it all out there.

Till next time.

I bet you. Guys are praying the Hawks get the Kings again on the WCF , guranteed Cup finals for Chicago right there , they own the Kings .

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
1st we don't need another player for our top 6. We need a strong capable player to play 3rd LW.

We also need an upgrade to our 4rth line C in Vey but that is a whole other morpo.

I hang tonights loss on DS and crew. They are big boys and DS seems to be fine with how we played. Well I thought we played a good game too but I am not even close to fine with the outcome and neither should our coaching staff be.

The Blues and other teams beat the Hawks with hardcore physical play and determination. They use their beating attitude and hard hitting check finishing play to cause the Hawks to have to try different things to compete.

We play a different style of game which is great against most teams in the league so long as we play our system perfectly and that can carry us past everyone except the elite of the elite.

It is time we develop our system in order to be able to play certain teams a bit differently and that hangs on the coaching staff. It would be nice and even prudent to bring in a legit 3rd LW to the team but that will only do so much for us imo. We will still need to improve our actual system against the Hawks if we plan on beating them.

tg in your opinion would/ is Tanner Pearson ready to play that 3rd line left wing spot? I have not seen him play in Mancheaster enuff of late to say that he could? I do however think before we go out and trade for one we should try him first? Any comment you could give would be important for my knowledge.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Our need for an elite left-winger was on display tonight.

You're blaming that loss on a need for an elite left winger? I'm blaming that on a need for this current team to grow a pair and beat a team that has allowed the 14th most goals against in the NHL. No reason to come up with a goose egg when the Kings have the offensive talent they have. None, whatsoever. That was as close to the utmost pathetic display of an offensive attack, outside the last game against the Flames, that I have seen from the Kings this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad