GDT: Game 40: Columbus at Carolina | 1/10 7PM

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jackets have turned back into the team they were pre-streak.

Average.

I know I'm going to get quoted and told I am over reacting and Forsberg cost us(and he did) but we haven't played a good 60 minutes since Edmonton game. We're not playing well at all.

I agree..... It's head case problem if you ask me.... Even with Bob vs the Flyers the other night we got lucky to win that game...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
They have a couple days to lick their wounds and re-energize. I will look for a much better effort Friday at Tampa. Bob may be better by then. He is the catalyst for these guys.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Crappy game, jackets acted as if they would show up , put effort in, when needed , and that would be enough . Forsberg was shaky , but good god , some of the posters on this thread . Average team now :laugh:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
OK kids, let's step back from the ledge a minute.

My boy Forsberg allowed 3 goals behind him tonight. (The 4th was not legit). He didn't give the team a chance to win. Not good enough.

We routinely struggle to play well in Raleigh.

Where did our power play go?

Where did our defense go?

We were NOT an average team before the streak. if I recall correctly, we were either in wild card position or close to it at the time.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
These games are "exposing" us insofar as we rely heavily on Bob to get the job done. Can't forget our D-corps is very young as a whole.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Our blue line is fine. The defensive issues are mainly due to having arguably the worst defensive minded forwards in the league.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
This is an above average team, with Bob in goal we are an excellent team. We have a backup goalie problem

Agreed. I think with Bob or even a capable backup NHL goalie in net we come away with 1 or 2 points tonight. Forsberg was shaky and allowed a couple goals he probably shouldn't have. The last 10-15 minutes of the game we were more aggressive, but just couldn't get a 4th goal.

Powerplay was horrendous tonight, Nutivaara seemed to have some struggles tonight as well on the D side.

The negative is- We very well could have won on Saturday and tonight if we had some stops by the goalie.

Time for a couple days rest before the weekend in Florida.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
was at the game, what I saw

Anderson was the best player on the ice for either team. He is a beast. I'd move him up to the second line and Jenner to the 4th line in a heartbeat.

+Saad, Cam, Wennberg, Jones, Dubinski

-Forsberg, PP units, #CBJ management for not having an extra forward. Nothing against Prout, but that line had 0 chance of scoring with him there, that's on management.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Our blue line is fine. The defensive issues are mainly due to having arguably the worst defensive minded forwards in the league.

Yup. Torts sounded none too happy with Saad in the post-game presser. Said he was floating near center ice on one of the goals (the 4th?) and needed to be back in position to get a pass out of the zone.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I missed the first half. The second half wasn't the best. . but it's probably still a win with Bob in net. He usually doesn't need more than 3 goals to get a win.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
This team seems to be very dependent on Bob. If he's healthy and playing well we're as good as any team out there.
If he's out (like Sick last night) we're maybe an average team.

Assuming Bob has what is going around Columbus (again a big assumption but seems like most people have or had that nasty cough thing) he may be down for awhile. Everyone who gets it seems to linger about 2 weeks. Obviously he'll have better medication from the get go, but he may not be the same for a week.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Any professional goalie could have played well in the net during the streak or whenever the defence is infront. McElhinney topped Bobrovski's performance, Bobrovski and Forsberg failed too recently so this just another day of judging the outcome instead of striking out why and how.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Not going to overreact here. Here's what I saw:

- Forsberg was fine. Their goals came off our team's inability to clear the puck and a few bad turnovers. Bob probably stops those, but Bob is ridiculous.
- Carolina is not a bad team. They worry me more than Philadelphia, New Jersey, Islanders, etc. and I think they're kind of like Boston in that they match up well with the Jackets. Plus, their PK takes away a huge advantage of ours.
- Being forced to play Prout on the fourth line neutered the offense. That won't happen again. The next time they need to fill a forward position they'll use a Monster forward, not our 7th Dman.
- the puck crossed the line on the reviewed goal, but what can you do?
- Jones should've buried his opportunity when we were up 1-0
- the puck was rolling like I haven't seen in a long time and I think our guys had a hard time with it.

Losses are going to happen.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Meh. Carolina is scrappy, I like that team. Forsberg has now played I think 10 NHL games, and hasn't had a good one yet. I'm sure nerves had some to do with it, but man his rebound control was non-existant. So many juicy ones that the D was able to sweep away. I'm not going to crucify him after this one game though.

I agree that Josh Anderson should replace Boone. It really bums me out to see him struggle this much. Torts has given him ample time to get it going, but a 24pt pace isn't going to cut it on the second line. Anderson is bigger, faster, stronger, has better puck handling skills, and has thus far proven to be the better player this year. If the team is really about accountability its time to move Boone out of the top 6.

It is pretty concerning that the #1 pk made the #1 pp look beer league level. 1 shot total on 4 power plays is a joke. The book is out, time to start thinking outside the box.

Overall, I'm not too worried. We got spoiled after 16 straight. Once we start choking away the playoff spot is when I will start getting more nervous. Still frustrating as hell to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad