Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 -> SWEEP or Comeback to win it in 7?

Sweep or Not?

• Panthers Sweep the Leafs

Votes: 113 54.3%
  • Nope not a sweep

Votes: 95 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Well win game 4, but follow it up with a stinker.on home ice to lose the series in 5

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs are trending to get swept, but the Leafiest thing I can think of is they go full hero mode and win while playing free. Bring it back to Game 5 where they either get crushed in front of a fanbase that just wants to believe. Or they win Game 5 and lose Game 6. I can't see it going any farther than that.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
The Leafs are trending to get swept, but the Leafiest thing I can think of is they go full hero mode and win while playing free. Bring it back to Game 5 where they either get crushed in front of a fanbase that just wants to believe. Or they win Game 5 and lose Game 6. I can't see it going any farther than that.
Would a game 7 loss here not be the most leaf thing?

Dig yourself into a complete hole and have the fanbase give up, then claw back into the series and force game 7. Where you proceed to lay an egg on home ice infront of fans. Im talking Montreal game 7 bad. You give the fans all something to believe in and snatch it away.

Now management has the excuse “oh we were close”, or “we fought our way back”.

Either way I expect a sweep.

BlackAdam

May 5, 2013
I refuse to believe the leafs will be swept. It's just way too anti-climatic for it to end like that...

Expect the leafs to push the series to 7 games to raise all our hopes and come game 7, then they'll crash and burn to cause major despair to us.

It's the Leafs way

Reactions: PromisedLand

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Man..I feel so bad for so many of you holding out hope. Watching a guy like Steve dangle breakdown literally pissed me off. Straight up, this organization does not deserve the large contingent of incredibly loyal and dedicated fans. I certainly have no faith in this core group, just waiting for it to be over at this point

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Here's the thing, they really could comeback, Florida hasn't been all that impressive and is a flawed team. They've barely edged out 2 1-goal victories with our core players scoring 0 goals. If Matthews/Marner/Tavares come alive they could pull it off

But it's the core, these guys are frauds and losers. I expect nothing from them
So what does that make the leafs....you know the team that is down 3 games to that flawed team

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I can't believe I f***ing want these a-holes to comeback and win it in 7 :laugh:

I hate Dubas and Keefe so much. its not even funny for how clueless these 2 jackasses are.

but then I saw this on Overdrive and I was like ... WHAT IF just WHAT IF IT HAPPENS?

This BeLeaf virus in me has gotta get healed sometime right? LOL

It’s more Leafy to win the next 3 and lose in 7.

horner

May 22, 2007
I hate to say it but I want this team to lose tonight so we can correct what ales this team .
But we will win tonight and the next 2 games then fall of a cliff in game 7

We will end of bringing this group back again with dubas and Keefe.

Only hope is the our only non perimeter top player knies makes it back

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The first few seconds of the audio, "You gotta look around that room and make sure that every one of those guys does believe it"

We are so f***ed. "Difficult to understand" Keefe, really? It's painfully obvious to understand.

I have no doubt they can win the next two games, but as soon as it hits 6 or 7, the pressure is back on and the shrinking violets will disappear again. Rielly can't win a series on his own.

Reactions: PromisedLand

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Thing with that 2014 team was that they had won the Cup in 2012 so they had the belief that they could do it.
Ya, well, the thing about us is.... we won the first round against Tampa in 2023 so we should have belief we can do it.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This season has taught us a couple of things
1. Assuming there is not a serious season long injury, AM has peaked in his career, his bravery has to be questioned, his desire to win has to be questioned, his ability to lead has to be questioned, and this 4th game is his last chance in my mind to remain a Leaf. He can join the Beibs in Cali.
2. MM, when playing against unmotivated opponents looks like a miracle man, when playing for all the marbles, he should not be dressed. I am not sure he broke a sweat. He looks more intimidated than Stuart Percy. He was tougher when he car was hijackèd. Game 4, last chance in my mind to remain a Leaf. Take your bride and move on.
3. Keefe...I can make line changes. We have so much in common..I can't coach in the NHL either.👍

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
This group has zero character and almost no heart at all. They may win one game but that's about it. It's time to tear it all down and start over.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
But we do know.
We know they are going to win the game on Wednesday. What we also know that will follow up with a collasaul loss
That's just how it's been. We have seen this movie before, we keep hoping the narrative will change

I just want them to win one game. Bring it back home. If. you are going to call it a season, do it home
From experience I can tell you there is nothing worse in sport than watching your team be eliminated at home.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
From experience I can tell you there is nothing worse in sport than watching your team be eliminated at home.
Yeah I was at Game 6 vs. Washington and Game 7 last year. Just sat in my seat last year for like 20-30 minutes and then the ushers came and told me to leave lol.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Racer88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad