Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 -> SWEEP or Comeback to win it in 7?

Sweep or Not?

• Panthers Sweep the Leafs

Votes: 113 54.3%
  • Nope not a sweep

Votes: 95 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The comeback would be great.

Especially if the comeback is a result of finally learning to play playoff hockey.

If they really figure out how to handle the Florida forecheck, and our stars get to the gready areas and bang home some rebounds, and learn to create space for themselves by physically imposing their will on them then I will believe they could beat Carolina or NJ

Reactions: horner

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
redeem-yourself-dumb-and-dumber.gif

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
On one hand a sweep here might be enough to finally kickstart the needed changes.

On the other hand it would be fun if they could win a game or two in an attempt to at least make it a series.

Will always cheer for the W because you just never know.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
On one hand a sweep here might be enough to finally kickstart the needed changes.

On the other hand it would be fun if they could win a game or two in an attempt to at least make it a series.

It will be nice to prolong the playoff series. At least some how make it to game 5
One more game at home. Just bring it back home

Leafs fans and city deserves that much

I think we can all agree, this is not that core that will win us anything more than a series. The sooner we come to terms with that, the better it is

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It will be nice to prolong the playoff series. At least some how make it to game 5
One more game at home. Just bring it back home

Leafs fans and city deserves that much

I think we can all agree, this is not that core that will win us anything more than a series. The sooner we come to terms with that, the better it is

Pretty much nailed it.

What's interesting is that this is the worst playoff series we've seen from this core .. which is wild considering how much disappointment they've had. We haven't seen them with their backs against the wall like this. I expect they'll just fold, but again you never know.

Florida is a on quite a heater which always involves some luck. I suspect that'll run out at some point, whether it's this round or next.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Pretty much nailed it.

What's interesting is that this is the worst playoff series we've seen from this core .. which is wild considering how much disappointment they've had. We haven't seen them with their backs against the wall like this. I expect they'll just fold, but again you never know.

Florida is a on quite a heater which always involves some luck. I suspect that'll run out at some point, whether it's this round or next.
But we do know.
We know they are going to win the game on Wednesday. What we also know that will follow up with a collasaul loss
That's just how it's been. We have seen this movie before, we keep hoping the narrative will change

I just want them to win one game. Bring it back home. If. you are going to call it a season, do it home

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Well I’m not really interested in this game

I’ll watch it as it’s probably the cores last game

Only they can extend it by a game or two. I’d say let’s see if they do, but they won’t

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I know a lot of us are expecting that they win a couple of games just to get our hopes up which feels like the "leafy" thing to do. I really can't seem them coming with much better effort on Wednesday, I honestly feel like they think effort isn't an issue and no need to up the intensity. They are waiting for a bounce to go their way.

Reactions: PromisedLand

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I know a lot of us are expecting that they win a couple of games just to get our hopes up which feels like the "leafy" thing to do. I really can't seem them coming with much better effort on Wednesday, I honestly feel like they think effort isn't an issue and no need to up the intensity. They are waiting for a bounce to go their way.
I think at most they get this to 5. They may barely squeak one out Wednesday then totally embarrass themselves at home with a lifeless performance, it seems on brand. There's no comeback from this team, it's not in their DNA and Keefe has no answers to anything

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
I get a feeling that if they don't get swept, they will force game 7, take a two-goal lead into the third in game 7, and then find a way to lose in the end. But they will then be satisfied with another round of respect during handshakes.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Easy 4 in a row upcoming Leafs in 7. God I wish I believed that. But they aren’t dead yet.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Saw that segment on Overdrive with Mr. Game 7.

What was crazy was even the notion that they should bring him on to talk about "can the Leafs win in 7?", seeking some tips or ideas on how they can do it. I felt embarrassed for them even asking that.

On one hand, as Williams pointed out and trying to be polite doing so, the Kings had recently won the Cup with much of the same group. They had confidence, they believe in each other. This Leafs team has not won anything of significance and it's abundantly clear they have absolutely zero confidence in themselves or each other.

So sorry Hayes, Noodles, O-Dog and Leafs dreamers, if any group could bounce back from 0-3 this is clearly not the group.

However, if Murray is healthy I would strongly suggest Keefe start him game 4 anyway.

Simply because they have no other cards to play and if by some miracle he comes in and completely shuts the door on the Panthers, and I mean a single goal or less, and the Leafs see that they can win a game scoring a goal or two (i.e. not have to out-score their mistakes and lapses) ... Maybe, just a tiny fraction of hope that they will rally around a goalie they have complete confidence in.

Highly unlikely Murray can be Hasek or Roy 2.0 for four straight, but even a couple of games just to send it back to Florida. Because as we've all seen, the surest way to shut a team down and gain momentum is a goalie in a zone.

Edit: To address the poll question, if by some chance Murray starts I say no sweep.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

It honestly won't surprise me if they win the next 3 and it comes down to game 7. They could also fall flat too.

Pessimism is definitely the prevailing mood here (and that's to be expected given Sundays performance). But the Leafs still have the talent to make things interesting - something that shouldn't be undervalued

At the end of the day I'd rather see something like that happen than any other option. I'm ultimately a fan beacuse I want to see the team win, not make trades or signings

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Saw that segment on Overdrive with Mr. Game 7.

What was crazy was even the notion that they should bring him on to talk about "can the Leafs win in 7?", seeking some tips or ideas on how they can do it. I felt embarrassed for them even asking that.

On one hand, as Williams pointed out and trying to be polite doing so, the Kings had recently won the Cup with much of the same group. They had confidence, they believe in each other. This Leafs team has not won anything of significance and it's abundantly clear they have absolutely zero confidence in themselves or each other.

So sorry Hayes, Noodles, O-Dog and Leafs dreamers, if any group could bounce back from 0-3 this is clearly not the group.

However, if Murray is healthy I would strongly suggest Keefe start him game 4 anyway.

Simply because they have no other cards to play and if by some miracle he comes in and completely shuts the door on the Panthers, and I mean a single goal or less, and the Leafs see that they can win a game scoring a goal or two (i.e. not have to out-score their mistakes and lapses) ... Maybe, just a tiny fraction of hope that they will rally around a goalie they have complete confidence in.

Highly unlikely Murray can be Hasek or Roy 2.0 for four straight, but even a couple of games just to send it back to Florida. Because as we've all seen, the surest way to shut a team down and gain momentum is a goalie in a zone.

Edit: To address the poll question, if by some chance Murray starts I say no sweep.

Woll has a much better chance of doing this than Murray though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad